Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2020 3:44:55 PM EDT
It's a follow up to Spintires and Mudrunner.  Cool game if you like off roading.  Has you doing delivery missions to get supplies to areas that are remote or cut off from traditional means.  Snow, ice, mud, water, dirt etc.  Driving through any of this requires the right vehicle and set up.  The right tires for the terrain make a big difference.  Using winches is a must in certain situations.  3 regions with 3 or 4 maps each.  Alaska, Michigan and Russia.  Definitely a slow pace game that requires a lot of planning.  40 vehicles.  Scout, Highway, Heavy Duty, Heavy and off road platforms.  Scout vehicles are especially important for finding the best routes for the larger vehicles to get to.  Some vehicles aren't 4wd so they require a path that has easier terrain.  Don't feel like doing missions?  That's ok you are free to explore the maps and travel anywhere (you don't have to stick to roads, trails or paths) essentially you can take a vehicle of your choice and free roam.  There's other stuff to do like finding vehicles and parts in the map to unlock them.

Graphics are great, have mine maxed out on the PC.  My biggest gripe right now are the sound effects are pretty flat.  Even with the sound effects maxed out the vehicles don't sound as impressive as they look.  Multiplayer is an option with up to 4 players.  Might be cool to do off roading as a group.

Overall impressed with the game, improves on it's predecessors.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Every day since it came out I come home from work and my kid has to show me his new or upgraded vehicles.
Yesterday it was an International Scout.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That's one cool thing about the game is the ability to customize the vehicles.  There aren't tons of stuff but there's enough upgrades to keep the vehicle interesting.  I only have 2 vehicles at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been loving it, just bought the season pass. I'm doing the island lake missions now, beyond hunting for unlocks.

Check out maprunner.info for the locations
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been thinking about picking it up.  It will probably end up like most of my sessions in Mudrunner, though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top