Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2019 3:24:50 PM EDT
Have been corresponding with an ol' co-worker, now retired and discovered that as an 11C, he served as a guard at Spandau in the 80's. I had a platoon SGT in Fulda in 1981 who served a tour there in the late 60's or early 70's as well....strange to find a connection to WWII from fellow retired Army types...here is a comment he provided me today....anyone else have similar thoughts or experience?

"There is no way I will believe that Hess committed suicide. The place that he was in was a Conex with one side being glass.  It was used as a reading room for him.

When he was in his reading room a guard was on post looking into the reading room. There also was a Post on the wall that had a line of sight into the reading room. The only cord that he could use to hang him self by strangulation was the cord to the lamp.  Hess who was 93 years old, and could barely move, would have had to get that cord from the floor, pull the cord from the wall and do a self strangulation.  Just does not seem possible to me.

I was in 6th Bn. Hess died when 4th Bn. had the duty in August 1987."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/9149066/Report-into-Rudolf-Hess-death-fails-to-answer-unexplained-questions-about-Nazi-prisoners-suicide.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top