Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/28/2021 6:25:01 PM EDT
I haven’t eaten Pizza Hut in years. Their new Detroit Style pizza looks good, though. Anyone tried it yet? Any good?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
What's that? Topped with crack and fail?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think I would eat it even if it was free.

Way too many actual good pizza choices around.  Dominos may be worse than pizza hut though.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I liked it.

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I get what you’re saying, but you’re from PA, so should you be saying it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried one.  It sucks horribly.

Don't have any Jet's Pizzas down there?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thought all the Pizza Huts were closing?
Disappeared around here, mostly
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Buddys > Pizza Hut
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#8]
'snot bad
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Buddys > Pizza Hut
View Quote

Primos
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pizza Hut
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sadly, no. We don’t have anything in KC that compares to Detroit Style or any other pizza you can find in Detroit. When my son was 18, I took him to a party store (near 6 Mile and Van Dyke) and told him the pizza there would be better than anything we eat in KC. He was skeptical at first but was in complete agreement afterward. Detroit does pizza better than anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Little Caesar's does it better.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Pizza Hut ‘pizza’ should be eaten on the toilet, as it won’t take long to get there anyway.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I get what you're saying, but you're from PA, so should you be saying it?
View Quote

We have plenty of guidos who know how to make good pizza.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Buddys > Pizza Hut
View Quote

Well no shit. Wanna deliver me some buddy’s 800 miles away? Didn’t think so. Now go make another data mining poll.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Pizza Hut fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Call me a snob, but I associate Pizza Hut and Little Caesar's with Thorazine's menus (though not so small portions).

To me, eating either would be like putting my hand on a hot burner. I learned the lesson...
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I wouldn't count on PH to make anything other than mediocre breadsticks nowadays. IMO they are the worst of the "big three" fast-food pizza chains.  They were good through the eighties (best in the seventies when they were a sit-down only place) but went to absolute shit.  I'd rather a decent frozen pie over them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Pizza Hut...?
Seriously...?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Buy a lloyds pan and make your own.  Get the pan grabber while you are there.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wouldn't count on PH to make anything other than mediocre breadsticks nowadays. IMO they are the worst of the "big three" fast-food pizza chains.  They were good through the eighties (best in the seventies when they were a sit-down only place) but went to absolute shit.  I'd rather a decent frozen pie over them.
View Quote

They went to shit when they quit making the dough fresh in house and proofing it every day.  The only dough that isn't frozen is probably the thin and crispy dough.  I worked there from 93-97.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Their thin crust "edge" midwestern style pizza they had a few months back was surprisingly good. So, of course they did away with it.

This new one doesn't look appetizing at all.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Pizza Hut ‘pizza’ should be eaten on the toilet, as it won’t take long to get there anyway.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well no shit. Wanna deliver me some buddy’s 800 miles away? Didn’t think so. Now go make another data mining poll.
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Best-pizza-style-/5-2491599/
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#25]
i still like their stuffed crust ever once in a while....the one near me still does a good job
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought the same about LCs for many years. Then they came out with their version of Detroit Style pizza, and totally redeemed themselves.

You must consider, where I’m at is like a pizza-less wasteland. If a dude is stuck in prison for years, he’ll probably look at Rosie O’Donnell like she’s Kate Upton. That’s kinda how it is in KC with the pizza.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Pizza Hut was good until it was bought by corporate Yum Foods.

The bean counters ruined the brand.

When we got pizza on Friday nights in the early 60's, we got it from the original location, where we lived in Wichita.

Carry out pizzas on a cardboard circle, slid into a red and white checkerboard sleeve and the open end folded over and over, then stapled shut.

You carried it from the top of the paper tent sleeve.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#28]
A Jet 10 is what you seek...
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aww, Da Tender Tummy Brigade has arrived!
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Sure didn't take the tender tummy brigade long to show up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Rule of thumb:  Don't eat at Pizza Hut.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#32]
No tender tummy here. I just don’t eat garbage pizza when there are so many GOOD pizza places around.

But if you want to eat out of the dumpster, you do you.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Their thin crust "edge" midwestern style pizza they had a few months back was surprisingly good. So, of course they did away with it.

View Quote

Wonder if it was like the "edge" they did around the mid 1990's?  That one was actually decent IIRC.  It didn't last long back then either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Pizza Hut was good until it was bought by corporate Yum Foods.

The bean counters ruined the brand.

When we got pizza on Friday nights in the early 60's, we got it from the original location, where we lived in Wichita.

Carry out pizzas on a cardboard circle, slid into a red and white checkerboard sleeve and the open end folded over and over, then stapled shut.

You carried it from the top of the paper tent sleeve.
View Quote

Pizza Hut has been "corporate" since the late 1970s when it was consumed by PepsiCo.

Yum brands is just an offshoot from when Pepsi split off its restaurant interests. They were never "bought" by Yum.

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I haven’t eaten Pizza Hut in years. Their new Detroit Style pizza looks good, though. Anyone tried it yet? Any good?
View Quote

Is the pizza at PizzaPapalis of Greektown, Detroit style pizza?

When I worked in Detroit I loved their pies!
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No tender tummy here. I just don’t eat garbage pizza when there are so many GOOD pizza places around.

View Quote

Wow, Tender Tummy AND a Pizza Snob!

Eat it with a knife and fork, pinky daintily extended?
With a Zima?

7-11 and Little Caesars are my pizza go today.
Quantity has its own Quality.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is pizza worse than Jets?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is f'ing savage.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#39]
I see the elitist chain pizza tender tummy brigade is out in full force tonight. Our loca PH is surprisingly good.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Is the pizza at PizzaPapalis of Greektown, Detroit style pizza?

When I worked in Detroit I loved their pies!
View Quote

Nope, that’s Chicago deepdish. Been there many times, although not since I was younger. Not bad, but just way too thick and bready.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Wonder if it was like the "edge" they did around the mid 1990's?  That one was actually decent IIRC.  It didn't last long back then either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't remember that one. This one was really good, like Chicago thin crust but different cheese and sauce flavor. Probably more Indiana-Ohio style.

I am 5 minutes from two Pizza Huts but neither will deliver to me for unestablished reasons. And if I'm getting off my ass to get pizza I generally drive to a local place that has amazing pizza.

Had either of those Pizza Huts delivered, they may have had a steady customer. I was that impressed - best pizza I've ever had from a major chain.

Not sure why they would eschew a sit-in model then be so stingy with the delivery range. But, little that Pizza Hut has done has ever made sense to me.

Edit: Found an article that confirms that yes, it was indeed the '90s pizza brought back. https://1025thevault.com/pizza-hut-is-bringing-back-its-edge-pizza-from-the-90s/

That photo is pure Chicago, especially if they substituted sausage for that pepperoni.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wow, Tender Tummy AND a Pizza Snob!

Eat it with a knife and fork, pinky daintily extended?
With a Zima?

7-11 and Little Caesars are my pizza go today.
Quantity has its own Quality.
View Quote

What’s the matter, snowflake? Did I make you feel bad about eating garbage?

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you TTB bois have like a handbook or something? Every time it's the same response
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, the wife brought one home to me and I’m enjoying it now. Will make a turd. It’s basically made like Detroit Style,  only with Pizza Hut’s signature “cheap” crust. All told, not horrible, but I think I agree with the poster who said Little Caesar’s did it better.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#45]
I’ve been eating it since the ‘70’s.

Noble Roman’s in Indianapolis called theirs “Deep Dish Sicilian”. This was long before the Chicago style deep dish pizza became popular outside of Chicago.

I would be interested in trying the PH version since I’m in FL now.

TC

P.S.—I won’t eat anything else from there, though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Detroit is close to Chicago. Chicago style pizza is incredible.

What is Detroit style?

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What is Detroit style?

View Quote

I think it’s basically the perfect compromise between Chicago deepdish and NY style thin and greasy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What is Detroit style?

View Quote

Medium dough with baked cheese on the edges and good sauce
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Medium dough with baked cheese on the edges and good sauce
View Quote

Doesn't sound terrible.

Chicago is great, but one piece lasts for days.

I ordered a medium pizza at Gino's East in Chicago. The waiter looked at me like "a whole pizza?" Yes, says I.
When I went back home 4 days later there was over half a pizza sitting in the fridge of the hotel room. I hope the cleaning lady and her family enjoyed it.
Chicago pizza doesn't mess around. And the half corn meal, half flour crust is fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Doesn't sound terrible.

Chicago is great, but one piece lasts for days.

I ordered a medium pizza at Gino's East in Chicago. The waiter looked at me like "a whole pizza?" Yes, says I.
When I went back home 4 days later there was over half a pizza sitting in the fridge of the hotel room. I hope the cleaning lady and her family enjoyed it.
Chicago pizza doesn't mess around. And the half corn meal, half flour crust is fantastic.
View Quote

Gino’s is the best deep dish.

Aurelios for thin crust
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top