BCM
User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
RNG 18,804 seen on the CMP Forum today.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Just hung up the phone with the CMP 5 min ago.

Selected a service grade, but requested one that is not heavily reparked.

RNG: 18926

@Bosqueboy  watch your phone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a shipping confirmation yesterday, and the pistol arrived today.  There was a Fed Ex hiccup in delivery that I won't go into, but I was able to get it today.  It is a Remington Rand slide and frame service grade serial number 216108*, which apparently makes it a 1945 gun.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

@elcope

Good For You!!!

I've been watching my phone all afternoon, nothing, maybe next week
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got a shipping confirmation yesterday, and the pistol arrived today.  There was a Fed Ex hiccup in delivery that I won't go into, but I was able to get it today.  It is a Remington Rand slide and frame service grade serial number 216108*, which apparently makes it a 1945 gun.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/753/1911-3edit_jpg-1780645.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/753/1911-2_jpg-1780646.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/753/19911-1edit_jpg-1780648.JPG
View Quote

That is a thing of beauty!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post pics, it helps with my anticipation anxiety. LOL

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That is a thing of beauty!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post pics, it helps with my anticipation anxiety. LOL

View Quote

The Silence of the Lambs - All good things to those who wait...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Got the call Tuesday picked up the gun next day.   18646.  They really seem to have cranked up the process this week

Service grade.  1945 RR frame, replacement slide all nicely reparked .  Pretty much exactly what I was expecting.  Only slight flaw is the rear sight is buggered up a bit but that’s an easy fix.    I doubt it’s been fired since rebuild (and I haven’t found any rebuild stamps). Almost two years waiting.

Shipping with mecgar mag which I thought a bit odd.  Out of Checkmates I guess.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Finally!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Without reading 45 pages and scouring the interweb for hours.....  

How many people are left in the original lottery?  
Any info on how many guns they expect to get over/above names from the first lottery?

I was deployed the first time and had no notary available and they said they wouldn't accept a signature-only military adjutant notarization so I missed out!  Sent mine in today for this round and keeping fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Without reading 45 pages and scouring the interweb for hours.....  

How many people are left in the original lottery?

Any info on how many guns they expect to get over/above names from the first lottery?

I was deployed the first time and had no notary available and they said they wouldn't accept a signature-only military adjutant notarization so I missed out!  Sent mine in today for this round and keeping fingers crossed.
View Quote

Looks like they're down to the last 100 of us or thereabouts.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a long time from packet to pistol. I didn't submit the first round but did this time. I guess I should just forget about it and hope they call in a couple years.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

18900 something is the highest number I’ve heard.   I’m assuming they want to crank out all the first group before the second mob comes in. I got the impression they have plenty of pistols.  

I just look at mine and can’t keep from grinning.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's a long time from packet to pistol. I didn't submit the first round but did this time. I guess I should just forget about it and hope they call in a couple years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All depends on your number.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I would have gone insane if I had not been among the first few to get their pistol.

I have the utmost respect for the people who've been waiting until now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

As in everybody who got in the first round got a gun?  

I read somewhere they were getting the guns in 10k increments, does that mean they are anticipating another 10k guns?  

Did they accept all the packets the first time?  Ie they got 19k or so packets and now they nearly all have a gun?
Or did they receive more and somehow purge the packets down to 19k?  

I know I'm clueless, I'm just excited that there seems to be an honest chance of me getting one!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Everyone who filled out the packet correctly in the first round is going to get a pistol, looks like we have about a 100 to go, the CMP never did say exactly how many applications they got only stated "we got around 19,000 applications". Two years have passed and no one has heard of anyone with an RGN higher than mine (18,998), not to say there isn't some higher than mine, as a matter of fact I think there are higher numbers than me but we just never have seen anyone on these forums with a higher number. Any way I have to be close to the end of the line and they should finish up either next week or the week after.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I read somewhere they were getting the guns in 10k increments, does that mean they are anticipating another 10k guns?  

Did they accept all the packets the first time?  Ie they got 19k or so packets and now they nearly all have a gun?

I know I'm clueless, I'm just excited that there seems to be an honest chance of me getting one!
View Quote

19000 or so is the total amount of packets they received the first round.  So nearly all of the first round people have received their gun.

I estimate that they have at least 10,000 pistols that they are confident they can sell or they would not have opened another round.  Now if they receive ANOTHER 10,000 is debatable.

So most likely if 19,000 submit this time, 10,000 are guaranteed a gun.  The first round was 8,000 were guaranteed one. I was 11,500 something and thought I was sol until they just kept calling more and more people and eventually me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

The first batch was 8000, not all of which were salable.  The second batch was a little vague. Initially it was thought to be another 8000.  But then word got out that everyone in the first group would get a gun assuming no problems with their packet.  They’ve since opened it back up so clearly they are sitting on a pretty good stash of pistols.  

Some years ago there was a thread on how many 1911s were still in inventory. Someone who seemed to know what he was talking about said there were 100,000 active serial numbers in the database.  Not all of those were usable pistols, some were probably collectors items, some went out as DRMO, etc.  But I would say there’s still a decent pile of them.

CMP always keeps numbers close to the vest.  Honestly I’m not sure they even know how many they have.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks that way.

Bosqueboy & I were in the high 18K RNG numbers, me at 18926 and him at 18998, so he should get his call next week.

As fas as accepted packets, no some dipshits put theirs and "their Wife's" packet in the same envelope in spite of CPM's clear instructions and I'm sure 2020 fucked up enough folks that when the CMP called, they were no longer in a position to purchase a $1k pistol.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in the same boat.............sent my packet in on 1/5, so now the wait begins............I will just forget about it and hopefully be surprised sometime soon
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#22]
How do you know if your packet is "good" before the deadline?  
I see many people sent theirs registered mail to be confident it was received, now I wish I had done that!

I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How do you know if your packet is "good" before the deadline?  
I see many people sent theirs registered mail to be confident it was received, now I wish I had done that!

I'll keep my fingers crossed!
View Quote

Honestly, there isnt any way to know...........I took mine to the post office and asked them to sent it priority so I could get a tracking number. The person behind the counter printed the label as 1st class. When I argued with them that I asked for priority, she just looked at me and told me how much it was..........wouldn't change it, so it got mailed 1st class............hopefully it gets there, but the post office told me things were running 2 weeks behind. If you mailed it around the 4th, it should get there in 2-3 weeks
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Nothing yet, still waiting............
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Looks that way.

Bosqueboy & I were in the high 18K RNG numbers, me at 18926 and him at 18998, so he should get his call next week.

As fas as accepted packets, no some dipshits put theirs and "their Wife's" packet in the same envelope in spite of CPM's clear instructions and I'm sure 2020 fucked up enough folks that when the CMP called, they were no longer in a position to purchase a $1k pistol.
View Quote

A guy I work with did that at the suggestion of the USPS guy, so he missed out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nothing yet, still waiting............
View Quote

Well, you have to figure that yesterday was a holiday, so probably no orders got processed.  I still have to believe that they still get to you this week.  I didn’t get an initial call.  My initial contact was by e-mail.  I called the lady at the number provided and went from there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:59:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Is there a way to obtain what number you are?

Is it safe to say if you have not been contacted as of yet that you are out of luck this round?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is there a way to obtain what number you are?

Is it safe to say if you have not been contacted as of yet that you are out of luck this round?
View Quote

If you are referring to round 2, you probably won't get your number until after the close off date.  At that point they put all the packets into a pool and assign them a random number.  I wouldn't expect any of round 2 to be processed or shipped until after that date.  It appears that there are still a few of round 1 left to go.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If you are referring to round 2, you probably won't get your number until after the close off date.  At that point they put all the packets into a pool and assign them a random number.  I wouldn't expect any of round 2 to be processed or shipped until after that date.  It appears that there are still a few of round 1 left to go.
View Quote

Oh, ok. so most of the banter here still pertains to round 1?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Oh, ok. so most of the banter here still pertains to round 1?
View Quote

Yes.  I believe early March is the deadline for Round 2 packets to be submitted.  CMP is still processing original packets.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#33]
18953 seen this morning.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#34]
RNG 18,998

Just got the call from Allie, all three grades available, I chose Field Grade with a "Colt" sticky.

I asked her if they were getting close to the end and she said YES!!!
I did ask if I was the highest number and she said no, there are higher numbers than mine.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
RNG 18,998

Just got the call from Allie, all three grades available, I chose Field Grade with a "Colt" sticky.

I did ask if I was the highest number and she said no, there are higher numbers than mine.

View Quote

You got an Inauguration Day present.  Interesting to hear that there are higher numbers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
RNG 18,998

View Quote

About time, congrats!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#37]
"Dear CMP Customer

Order# 017960 which was placed on 01/20/21 has been shipped to;"

My LGS
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:30:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks that way.

No, the original instructions did not say that.  The rules were changed after the submission period was opened and the printed instructions on the application were then changed.  the original instructions said "one packet per customer", NOT "one packet per envelope". Somebody at the CMP pulled their head out of their ass and decided they could not toss both applications in the same envelope.  They then decided to allow one application through and any others in the envelope were tossed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Just got back from LGS.

When I spoke to the nice lady at CMP, I requested a service grade one that hadn't been heavily buffed & re-parked, explained my (nearly) 36 year career in the Army and how once I had this, I'd have an actual example (or a close representative thereof) of every sidearm I have been issued in my career thus far.

I was not disappointed with what they sent, now whether my brief career summation had any play in its selection from the phone lady to the dude unloading pallets, who knows?

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just got back from LGS.

When I spoke to the nice lady at CMP, I requested a service grade one that hadn't been heavily buffed & re-parked, explained my (nearly) 36 year career in the Army and how once I had this, I'd have an actual example (or a close representative thereof) of every sidearm I have been issued in my career thus far.

I was not disappointed with what they sent, now whether my brief career summation had any play in its selection from the phone lady to the dude unloading pallets, who knows?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175936-1790477.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175848-1790475.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_180127-1790478.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175612-1790474.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175535-1790472.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175520-1790471.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175505-1790469.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175414-1790468.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175408-1790467.jpg
View Quote

Awesome!!!
Mine left Anniston today and should be here tomorrow!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:24:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Awesome!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got back from LGS.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175936-1790477.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175848-1790475.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_180127-1790478.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175612-1790474.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175535-1790472.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175520-1790471.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175505-1790469.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175414-1790468.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3446/20210121_175408-1790467.jpg

Awesome!!!

Huzzah and about time!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#42]
My pistol has arrived!!!

Asked for a Field Grade Colt and got exactly what I was hoping for, could not be happier.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:20:50 AM EDT
[#45]

Excellent.  And I believe that concludes the first round for ARFCOM.

Fitting that you got one of the best.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#46]
RGN 19001 was seen today on the CMP forum: Round 1 CMP 1911 thread
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#47]
My packet was delivered today for round 2.

Hopefully it goes faster this time around, now that they've had practice.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:04:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would expect the exact same speed.  The CMP set up a separate corporation for this and it makes no sense for them to staff the effort or fill orders so fast they put themselves out of work.  The amount of orders that ship each month should be 1/12th of the pistols received each year from the Army.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I would expect the exact same speed.  The CMP set up a separate corporation for this and it makes no sense for them to staff the effort or fill orders so fast they put themselves out of work.  The amount of orders that ship each month should be 1/12th of the pistols received each year from the Army.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You stop raining on my parade!

Didn't they say initially that only 15k pistols would be in the first release?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:14:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Didn't they say initially that only 15k pistols would be in the first release?
View Quote

From memory, I think the NDAA authorized up to 10,000 per year.  The CMP has received at least two shipments from the DLA.
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top