Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2020 12:06:30 PM EDT

Looking for steak and shrimp on a flattop grill.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Ribeye steak, cut into bite-sized pieces is good. Cook it in butter on the flat top.

Onions.

Bean sprouts with spinach and garlic.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a blackstone flattop. Butter, teriyaki.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
My favorite place in Okinawa would do it this way:

Steak pieces cooked in butter and cooking wine.

Sliced onions cooked in butter, salt, pepper.

Bite-sized chunks of potato (pre-deep fried) cooked in butter, salt, pepper.

Bean sprouts with spinach, cooked in butter and garlic.

Once cooked, serve each of the above together.

Sliced french bread on the side that was toasted on the grill in butter.

LARGE bottle of Orion beer

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I do hibachi on my flat top a lot. Wife and I love it.

Cut meat, place in bowl. Season with some rice vinegar, soy sauce, some sesame oil, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Stir and let sit for about 20-30 mins.

Chop up veggies - I usually do onion chopped, whole mushrooms quartered, and zucchini chunked. Cut large enough to brown the outside without overcooking.

I cook with either peanut or grapeseed oils, and put some salt and pepper on the veggies while they cook. I do the veggies first, since they take longer, and put the meat on a few mins after the veggies start. Everything gets cooked with high heat (blackstone, my burners are at about 3/4)

Serve with rinsed (until water runs mostly clear) and salted rice, preferably a bit extra water to get it somewhat sticky.

We both use yum-yum sauce as well, and wife puts extra soy sauce on her rice.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]
you can google search "Copycat recipe" for Benihana or any of the other chain places and get a good idea of how to recreate it. For the most part its vegetable oil, salt, pepper, sesame seeds, soy sauce, garlic butter and lemon juice for all the seasonings in nearly every hibachi type recipe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top