Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2020 6:47:41 AM EDT
Thinking about picking one up while I still can.
Would get a 3DS XL, but they quit making them.
Anyway, will all of the 3DS games work on the 2DS, and are there some pretty good games?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a 2DS XL that I bought a while back to play some of the games. I had all the big titles like Zelda, Luigi's Mansion, several Marios, Metroid, Pokemon, etc. Every game worked fine, just in 2D (which I never really cared about 3D anyway, IMO 3D is a gimmick). Some of the games like Zelda used the 3D as part of their puzzle dynamic, but to be honest you really don't miss it as the puzzles can still be solved without it. They might be a tad easier with it, but it doesn't break the game.

I've since given my 2DS and all my games to a little nephew as I wasn't using it anymore. He loves it.

I'm glad I had a chance to play those games, but for me personally the handheld was an evolutionary dead end.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thinking about picking one up while I still can.
Would get a 3DS XL, but they quit making them.
Anyway, will all of the 3DS games work on the 2DS, and are there some pretty good games?
View Quote
Buy a used 3DS XL. Nothing wrong with them as long as they're in good condition.

The 2DS was wonky and hard to hold.  We bought one for my nephew for Christmas a few years ago, I just couldn't stand holding the thing.

Should play all the games just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top