Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2019 11:48:25 PM EDT
Like the title says, has anyone ever ordered from the German Amazon site?

On some things prices are cheaper, even with shipping.

I've heard of some issues people have had, but never specifics.

Anyone have any experience?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:53:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have.  It was the only place that had a particular 2 volume book I wanted.  It was originally printed here in America, got to Germany and now it's returned here.  I could only get cheap paperback reprints here and the bound, hardcopy was hard to get.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. There is a UK, Mexico, and multiple others as well. Some movies can only be found on the international sites. I’ve never had any issues. Obviously your prime shipping will not apply, even if it says it’s a Prime item (it IS if you live in that country/region).
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have.  It was the only place that had a particular 2 volume book I wanted.  It was originally printed here in America, got to Germany and now it's returned here.  I could only get cheap paperback reprints here and the bound, hardcopy was hard to get.
View Quote
Any issues or problems? So far going through the process, without actually placing the order, it seems straightforward. I'm looking at items only sold and shipped by Amazon, not a third party.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#4]
No difference from ordering from Amazon here in the US.  Entirely happy with the transaction.  Dang but it took me over ten years to acquire that two volume set.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Ich glaube es ist gebrochen fur mich. Sie haben ein Bosch Waschmaschine ich will fur 600 Euro (regularly like $1200 in the US) aber es sagt "Dieser Artikel kann nicht in die Vereinigten Staaten geliefert werden. Bitte prfen Sie, ob andere Verkufer diesen Artikel in die Vereinigten Staaten liefern."
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sie haben ein Bosch Waschmaschine ich will fur 600 Euro (regularly like $1200 in the US) aber es sagt "Dieser Artikel kann nicht in die Vereinigten Staaten geliefert werden. Bitte prfen Sie, ob andere Verkufer diesen Artikel in die Vereinigten Staaten liefern."
View Quote
Yeah, I've been encountering some of that myself.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:55:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ich glaube es ist gebrochen fur mich. Sie haben ein Bosch Waschmaschine ich will fur 600 Euro (regularly like $1200 in the US) aber es sagt "Dieser Artikel kann nicht in die Vereinigten Staaten geliefert werden. Bitte prfen Sie, ob andere Verkufer diesen Artikel in die Vereinigten Staaten liefern."
View Quote
You want to buy a wash machine... from German Amazon... across the ocean... and you're surprised they won't ship it here??  Assuming it was a normal size item, you might try to find a friend or acquaintance stationed in Europe that could get the item and send it to the US via APO/DPO.

BTW, OP - I've ordered from both the .DE and .CO.UK Amazon sites without issue.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:57:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You want to buy a wash machine... from German Amazon... across the ocean... and you're surprised they won't ship it here??  Assuming it was a normal size item, you might try to find a friend or acquaintance stationed in Europe that could get the item and send it to the US via APO/DPO.

BTW, OP - I've ordered from both the .DE and .CO.UK Amazon sites without issue.
View Quote
and .CA (Canada, land of Fluffy the Cat) too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:58:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I only used it while I lived there but it worked just like amazon.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:58:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, i ordered a part on there that I couldnt find anywhere else. Shipping was costly in this case but it was worth it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Wife's German.  We use Amazon.de all the time to send stuff to my nieces over there.

Reliable.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No difference from ordering from Amazon here in the US.  Entirely happy with the transaction.  Dang but it took me over ten years to acquire that two volume set.
View Quote
LOL, that's a long shipping time.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes. There is a UK, Mexico, and multiple others as well. Some movies can only be found on the international sites. I’ve never had any issues. Obviously your prime shipping will not apply, even if it says it’s a Prime item (it IS if you live in that country/region).
View Quote
Does this mean you pay shipping, or that it just doesn't come in two days?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Eh, they all get their stuff from Alibaba
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I have ordered numerous books and CDs from Amazon.DE.  Good service and no problems.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks guys. I will place my order and see how it works out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, smooth as a US transaction.  UK, as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Mrs. Surf has got the whole German version of The Love Boat from them.  You should be good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top