Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2023 4:17:22 PM EDT
I work at a small department and I've got some guys trying to ram a union through and I'm doing crash course in trying to understand all of this crap.

This isn't a union bashing post but more of a WTF is going on and how to move forward on this. Where can I get literature on this. I want to be educated on the topic.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#1]
We started a local at Kodiak fire department when I worked there. They did nothing for me. Try googling up who IAFF supports politically. That will tell you all you need to know
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We started a local Kodiak fire department when I worked there. They did nothing for me. Try googling up who IAFF supports politically. That will tell you all you need to know
View Quote

Oh I know. Not a lot to be proud of
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a state level FF association?  If so contact them.

You can contact the IAFF and ask for information.

Any nearby larger departments that you can ask for help and information.

I was not an executive board member, but from my end, the IAFF basically did nothing for my union other than take our money and give us a sticker that may have got me out of a speeding ticket or a few of them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top