Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2021 1:06:32 PM EDT
I just started doing this. Hours of driving replaced by a couple of minutes at the keyboard. Helps you get a bunch of choices so you can head out and start trying them, and narrow them down as you go.

Who else does this?

Alternately, how else do you find places to run your cars?
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I use it to find places to fly my quadcopters.

Edit: and to measure out how far I flew out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea. I've found it to be mostly misses though. Maybe everywhere is different but around here it seems to be old data, or posted private property.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Not for RC use but I often use aerial imagery to figure out where to scout for hunting locations.

zoomearth.com generally has better and more up to date imagery than google earth
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yea. I've found it to be mostly misses though. Maybe everywhere is different but around here it seems to be old data, or posted private property.
View Quote

Funny you should say that. I found a SWEET huge construction site the other day, just did a drive by and it's an established condo community. Looks like it's been there for years.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not for RC use but I often use aerial imagery to figure out where to scout for hunting locations.

zoomearth.com generally has better and more up to date imagery than google earth
View Quote

Good tip. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top