Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's that got to do with unloading a boat anchor 357 sig?
View Quote

I have a Barrett .50  bolt action that hasn't seen the light of day in 8 years

I just don't know what the market is for these now, does anyone still buy these things

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happened to all the patriots here?  You all can comply with unconstitutional laws and give your freedoms up!  

Now is the time to band together and declare we will not comply with unconstitutional laws any longer.  Not one more inch!
No shit. I'd rather unload the crap taking up space I haven't shot in years and use that money to fund a couple house projects and invest it into the market/crypto.

As I've gotten older I've started simplifying and consolidating so having a bunch "cool" stuff that never gets used has lost its luster. Especially if I can sell it off to someone who would enjoy/use it more than me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have a Barrett .50  bolt action that hasn't seen the light of day in 8 years

I just don't know what the market is for these now, does anyone still buy these things

View Quote

When they ban large bore rifles, your Barrett will be worth at least double what its worth now. Just wait a year
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Is anyone really seeing their collection sky rocket in value?

Again, outside of ammo and select AR parts my guess is you could still go out and buy a glock 19 or a Sig 226 for about MSRP

I see WASR's on the EE going for 1K+ but frankly that was happening prior to our current situation.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I totally got rid of everything that isn't already in the NFA registry.
View Quote

Same.  That's clearly the only decision.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm highly debating on doing an investment video series over it.

Remember those Federal Black packs that Dicks/Cabellas/BassPro/Academy had in 2018 for $45 with a $20 MIR for 1600 rounds per case (That's 1.5625 cents each).

Remember how everyone bought truckloads of them at that price?

Now those cases are selling for upwards of $500/each at auction. That's a $475 net income per case.

So , now all these firearms & ammo that I've been buying during the salad days is selling for 3, 4, 5 , 10 times what I paid.

Not that I TRUST what's going on with politics, however I'm hard pressed to come up with ideas/methods that the government could institute laws easily that would increase prices FAR beyond where they were 2 years ago.

Like most of you, I remember my dad taking me to the gun store, gun shows ,etc all through the 1990s, I remember going to a horse riding arena outside Columbus that was stacked with AKs for $179 and SKSes for $89. I remember then my dad buying a single case of 7.62x39 for $500 in late 1994/early 1995 after the AWB was passed, then paying $100/ea for magazines for his POS S&W 40f. I very vividly remember those prices, then generally how they crept down between 1995 and 2000 as the market leveled off.

Generally I have the same feeling I did after Sandy Hook : That the sales panic prices are temporary, and I might as well make hay (Meaning selling whitebox 9mm for $1.50 a round) while the sun is shining.
View Quote

Just sell in person so you have control over who you are selling to...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I've sold off all my big stuff.    

Compact/Subcompact pistols. .22 rifles and home defense shotguns will be the way of the 2020's. Mark my words.  

Everything else will be a legal and financial burden. Sad, so sad.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I have sold much of my scary stuff AT MY COST to young couples in their early 30s that have no intent on turning anything in. Wife has to be 100% on board with it.

FTF, cash sale.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes I have sold everything. I don’t have any firearms.
View Quote

Me too but I kept the old BB gun and rusty ole single barrel shotgun....
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I sold everything in 08’ when FBHO was elected and made a killing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll tell you after the 20th what I'm gonna do ...
View Quote

FPNI as always. It's too early for Fo time.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Lost all my ammo in a boating accident.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Guess that depends.  I’ve sold off almost everything already.  Anyone know what a used KSG with no box is worth? (This is not a sales post.) I bought this thing on a whim used for a local guy with no box because I wanted to try it.  I cleaned it but never shot it and don’t think I ever will.  

In that instance, I don’t see any point in keeping it.  If that is what you mean OP, I’d agree.  If it has any sentimental value or you plan on actually using it ... doubt I’d sell.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Large part? Nope.

The ammo that didn't shoot worth a shit in the one gun chambered in that caliber that's been sitting in a can for 12+ years? Hell yes. For whatever reason American Eagle 5.7x28mm isn't worth a damn from a Gen1 PS90.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hope I'm wrong as well ,but I believe an outright ban is looming on the horizon. No grandfathering. You own it and are caught with it then it's club fed.
View Quote

What do you think is the hotter potato, guns or dollars?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Dad? Is that you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes,getting older with no one to leave them to.
Getting ready to sell most of them.

Dad? Is that you?

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is anyone really seeing their collection sky rocket in value?

Again, outside of ammo and select AR parts my guess is you could still go out and buy a glock 19 or a Sig 226 for about MSRP

I see WASR's on the EE going for 1K+ but frankly that was happening prior to our current situation.
View Quote

Guns are out there for fair money if you know where to look and are patient. Normies who only know Cabelas or Academy are the ones wondering whats going on.

That said this is salad days for flipping low tier builds/odd ball shit to the newbies and turning it into quality optics or high end guns.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I have around 10k worth of primers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Guns are out there for fair money if you know where to look and are patient. Normies who only know Cabelas or Academy are the ones wondering whats going on.

That said this is salad days for flipping low tier builds/odd ball shit to the newbies and turning it into quality optics or high end guns.

View Quote

Yea there was a thread a week ago where some schmuck took an MP-15 sport, threw on the most cheap plastic possible (fake bipod/foregrip, flip to side magnifier, and aimpoint knock off) and it went for close to 2 Grand

Although I think that was a bit of an outlier. Outside of peddling tapco-fucked AR's I'm not really seeing the market hit a point where I'd consider selling my guns.

Even if I could get $800 a glock, that's not enough of an incentive for me to sell. The .22Lr I bought for a couple cents a round though lol
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#22]
When the panic hits full swing I'll sell a couple. I need a new outboard motor
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Maybe I'm wired differently, when complete kits ran $350/ea , 9mm was <15c/rd and 22lr was near a penny a round, knowing the history of gun/ammo prices and how they tend to explode at the drop of a hat (Pun intended) it always seemed reasonable to me to have as large of a collection as I could afford.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, I've never had a very large collection and I'm definitely keeping what I have.

Maybe I'm wired differently, when complete kits ran $350/ea , 9mm was <15c/rd and 22lr was near a penny a round, knowing the history of gun/ammo prices and how they tend to explode at the drop of a hat (Pun intended) it always seemed reasonable to me to have as large of a collection as I could afford.
Never got into that, I was a BCM guy then moved into KAC and night gear.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I won't be defenseless. But paying down most of my mortgage sort of makes sense.

It hasn't peaked yet though.

And I only have two hands, and I don't need to outfit the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I would if I hadn't already sold it in a downturn a few years ago.. prices sucked then too

Now is the time to sell
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I sold off a large portion of my beanie babies and most of my Avon bottle collection. I ain't selling any of my firearms or ammo.

Forgot the smiley face
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Y’all fuckers must be spending all your proceeds on Premarin with all the estrogen in here.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I sold off a large portion of my beanie babies and most of my Avon bottle collection. I ain't selling any of my firearms or ammo.

View Quote

How is your beef jerky reserves looking?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll tell you after the 20th what I'm gonna do ...
View Quote

If you are expecting anything other than "Biden takes office" on that day, you are going to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Boating accidents prevent a Lot of Collection sell offs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm going to sell some CCI 300 large pistol primers. Only because I don't reload for .45 any more.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yep. Selling most of my stuff.

Value is too high and bullshit it too great.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Not today Mr ATF man
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Large na. In a month or two i maybe be able to sell a psa ar and redo my jeep suspension with money left over for gears and a locker.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Been thinking of getting rid of a few. I've lost interest in shooting outside of hunting and some clays so why keep a safe full of stuff that never gets used.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
LOL

Feeding the panic is always a sound strategy.

Parts I'm not ever going to use? Hell, I'm giving them to people that need them.

Complete guns, ammo, optics, etc... ? Nope, I'm even looking to buy more.
View Quote

Its not feeding the panic. Its actually introducing supply (however small) to the market, and in theory bringing prices down.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I sold off an RAS47 for over a grand a little while ago.  Yep.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#38]
The time to sell off any unwanted or unneeded firearm stuff is when China Joe announces his anti right to keep and bear arms agenda.  That is when the big panic takes hold.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I’ll start selling when I hit 500 guns.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Its not feeding the panic. Its actually introducing supply (however small) to the market, and in theory bringing prices down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL

Feeding the panic is always a sound strategy.

Parts I'm not ever going to use? Hell, I'm giving them to people that need them.

Complete guns, ammo, optics, etc... ? Nope, I'm even looking to buy more.

Exactly.  What I'm selling is helping people that are looking buy what they are looking for.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#41]
No but I'm thinking of packaging up a kit with rifle, mags, mag carrier and ammo to get enough to buy a thermal.

People paying these retarded prices I'm going to cash in on some of it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Already got rid of everything except my 870 Super Mag turkey gun. I've owned it longest out of all the guns I had. Keeping it for hunting and maybe for firing warning shots off the balcony.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm tempted to dump shit I never shoot.
View Quote

If I have something that I haven't used or even seen for years that's worth good money it goes.
There is always something else to buy that one can actually use or enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yes,getting older with no one to leave them to.
Getting ready to sell most of them.
View Quote

I did that a couple of years ago.  Regretting it now seeing the prices of things now.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#45]
I’m going to sell everything just in case they’re banned later
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Per usual, a lot of:

"From my cold dead hands" during the salad days
and

"I never really liked guns that much, anyways" when things are threatening

Fairweather baddesses in GD cycle predictably

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#47]
If you have stuff you don’t shoot and don’t really like all that much with no sentimental value, now is the time to sell.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Needed to pay bills.  I’m here for the entertainment.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm getting older and don't want to leave the burden of selling my junk to my wife. My best friend died of 9/11 cancer three years ago. Had to help his sister sell some of his stuff to pay bills. I think she still has five of his cars sitting in a lot somewhere and paying for two storage rooms filled with random car parts, tools, and shit like that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm tempted to dump shit I never shoot.
View Quote

I get that , but it leads to a question.

Why do you have shit you dont shoot ?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top