Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/30/2020 1:24:03 AM EDT
Have had several orders with them before, no problems.

But this last one, after 20 days, items where in stock but not being shipped.

No answer at chat or phone support.  Ended up canceling the order.

Anyone else having these issues?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes I got an email back almost a day later when inquiring about an order in stock. Its just taking forever to ship things these days. I got my opticsplanet order about 29 days later.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:28:31 AM EDT
[#2]
They say orders usually  in a few days...of course, it was december, so christmas...understand.  But they also say orders should be within 10 days on support voice message and that they will tell you if delayed....no contact.

Weird, I looked online and could have placed more orders for the stuff...so it was in stock.

Not gonna use them again...
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]
They take a loooooooooooong time during regular times. I'm sure the holidays add to that. Your stuff is most likely going to show up...sometime..maybe.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:34:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Seriously?

They have the single worst reputation of any vendor on the internet. For selling shit they don't have in stock.  Just search this very forum for hundreds if not thousands of complaints over the years.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:41:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Optics Planet is a drop shipper. They list a bunch of shit that they don't have in stock, but it gets shipped directly from the manufactutre or a third party.  Know that going in.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:42:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Ordered a leupold scope from them earlier this month. Had my shit in about a week
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:45:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Optics Planet is a drop shipper. They list a bunch of shit that they don't have in stock, but it gets shipped directly from the manufactutre or a third party.  Know that going in.

View Quote

Optics Planet is how I learned drop shipping was even a thing
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:48:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Ordered a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 (mrad), had it in my hands a week or two later (received 1 week ago).
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:50:49 AM EDT
[#9]
lol
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:51:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered from them once

Never again
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:56:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a FAB Defense pistol grip from them months ago, took about two weeks to get it. I wasn't in a huge hurry over a $25 grip.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:56:48 AM EDT
[#12]
They will literally meet and beat any price you can find online. I have had to wait here and there for an item. The customer service is good and strait forward. Free shipping and rock bottom prices, I never understood the hate for OP and have saved thousands of dollars shopping with them over the years.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:57:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered two pretty nice scopes, one came in the box obviously used and missing parts.

All I asked for was the missing parts, after calling and waiting for 3 months I've gotten nothing.

I'll call one more time before giving up and never using them again.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:59:14 AM EDT
[#14]
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:02:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Botach and/or Optics Planet thread?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:02:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Lol  op
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:05:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Placed like 5 orders in the past two months. All were fine. I don't think they drop shipped mine though, because they came in a Optics Planet box.

All the orders, except 1, shipped out within 4 days. I did have 1 that took over a week, BUT I ordered it a few days before Christmas so I pretty much knew that was to be expected.

All in all, I've checked to see what it says is in stock, and it updated after I ordered to subtract that amount from the total in stock. Go figure.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:11:36 AM EDT
[#18]
A friend ordered 2 boxes of 6.5 bullets in Sept. He keeps getting emails every 3-4 weeks with a shipping date that's pushed back. He just told me yesterday the last email said sometime in Feb! He's mostly pissed because it showed, of course, "in stock" when he ordered.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:13:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered from them twice

Never again

Wait, wait and wait some more

Drop shippers are a lower form of life
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:18:52 AM EDT
[#20]
First order I placed was a few weeks ago... High speed gear tacos and a belt... shit was here in 2 days...  I ordered because they said it was in stock....and I knew about the issues they've had - rolled the dice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:28:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I've placed two orders during the past month and both were on my doorstep two days later.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:29:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Seriously?

They have the single worst reputation of any vendor on the internet. For selling shit they don't have in stock.  Just search this very forum for hundreds if not thousands of complaints over the years.
View Quote

To OP:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They will literally meet and beat any price you can find online. I have had to wait here and there for an item. The customer service is good and strait forward. Free shipping and rock bottom prices, I never understood the hate for OP and have saved thousands of dollars shopping with them over the years.
View Quote
Same. Though if it's backordered, expect a looong wait.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Lol
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#26]
My friend ordered a bunch of shit from them a few weeks ago despite me telling him to be careful. He calls me up complaining that the in stock items were never shipped. Then he calls me complaining that the one order they did ship was actually missing half the stuff he ordered.

I've never had a problem with them but then I never ordered from them during a scamdemic.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#27]
That's normal for them.

I only use them when I care about the price and don't mind if it shows up in 4-5 months.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#28]
This thread.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:42:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Lol, 2004 join date andyou ask this question?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lol, 2004 join date andyou ask this question?
View Quote

HAHA..yeah, hope y'all are havin fun at my expense...I'd really never used them until just a couple months ago and that transaction went pretty well.  And lesson learned, I didn't do any research on complaints.  This second one didn't go so well.

Stuff finally came in, but jeez, what a bad customer experience.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I placed an order week before last because they had stuff I was looking for really cheap.  Said it would ship in 1-6 business days.  Saturday I received an email (6th day) saying they were running behind on shipments but were working diligently to get up items out.  Received a UPS tracking notice from them today, so maybe they are finally catching up.  This is quicker than my first order with them a couple of years ago that took a month to ship.  Still not going to be one of the first vendors I go to.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#32]
They've been good to me the last few months.  Good customer service interactions too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Never have, probably wont.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#34]
I placed plenty of orders with them and had good experiences with all, except my latest order. I know they drop ship a lot of things, but they also have a warehouse in Northbrook, IL. Most items that are listed as "In Stock" ship from that warehouse. My orders have mostly come in Optics Planet boxes and I see the tracking from the warehouse to my apartment. Since I live in Wisconsin, not too far across the border from them, my orders have been shipped and have arrived very quickly. I make sure that anything I buy from them is In Stock.

I learned one time when I didn't pay attention and ordered an item that said 2-4 months. Surprisingly, the item arrived about one month later.

I placed an order on January 14, with all 4 items in stock, which still hasn't shipped. I got an email from them on the 20th saying that they were a few days behind in shipping, but that most in stock orders were shipping out in 1-3 business days.

Tomorrow is 14 days (or 10 business days) from the day I placed the order. I tried to live chat on their website, but was never able to chat with anyone. I decided to call today and while I did have to wait on hold for awhile, I spoke with a very helpful customer service rep on the phone. She acknowledged my previous orders and how fast I was used to getting things. She apologized and even though they are running a little behind on getting orders shipped, she thought that 10 business days was excessive, as well. She looked at the order and couldn't find anything wrong and even showed my items had already been picked from the warehouse to be shipped.

I paid for expedited shipping, so she sent an email to the warehouse manager to see if they could get my order moving a little more quickly, especially because of the expedited shipping. She hoped to see my order shipped before the end of the week (it's Wednesday afternoon).

It remains to be seen if her request will gain any traction, but I'll report back when my order ships.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#35]
No because friends don’t let friends order from op
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#36]
In Stock Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#37]
In 2017 I Ordered an "In Stock" scope.

After 5 weeks get an email saying will ship in SIX WEEKS, or buy this shitty scope over here.

After seven MORE weeks get an email saying it will ship in 4 weeks, or buy this Other shitty scope over there.

Finally said just cancel.

The WHOLE TIME their web site said that the scope I wanted was in stock.

Never again !!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Never had an order go awry until my last.

Waiting 4 months so far.
Only communication said it would be filled but it'll be a while.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I love these threads, its like I dont even have to run my mouth anymore!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#40]
They are slow as hell, and their "live" inventory is.. not very accurate and subject to change.

I would not buy anything "high demand gun related" right now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#41]
I just got my delivery from them on an order I placed December 20th. I knew it was going to be slow but I wanted the on sale item.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#42]

I feel like these people shoulda been warned by now....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#43]
You ordered from OP!

Sorry OP.  I try, hard, to steer EVERYONE away from OP, CTD and BoTach.  For this very damn reason!

To be honest, I dont venture very far from Primary Arms, Joe Bobs, Kenzies, PSA, LaRue, EuroOptic, JRH or TNVC.   ALL site sponsors, all g2g.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Jesus Christ I’m bad at this social media business ????
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Have had several orders with them before, no problems.

But this last one, after 20 days, items where in stock but not being shipped.

No answer at chat or phone support.  Ended up canceling the order.

Anyone else having these issues?
View Quote

My GF has been waiting on an upper since August from them. A stripped Upper.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s because they list everything as being in stock.  When searching for something in stock they always come up because they list everything in stock.  But it isn’t in stock.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#50]
bUtt, bUtt i DonE oRdeRed fROm THeM aH bUNcH b4 wItH nO iSsUeZ..... Y mE?

Sorry OP. Not mocking you specifically, but for every 10 people who know better, there's a sucker on the line just waiting for optics planet to dry rape them and justify it because they had a couple good orders before.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top