Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2022 4:38:39 PM EDT
Almost every proxy vote form I've filled out in the past month has had social just crap in it.
"report on our sexual harassment training results"
"spend oney doing a study to see if we're diverse enough"
blah blah blah

Anyone else seeing a lot of that crap in their investments?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You precious child.

You haven't heard of Larry Fink's ESG or DEI yet?

Comes from Black Rock and friends.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
George Soros is a total distraction - a tiny spec of sand in a large beach - compared to BlackRock.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
A few institutional investors are really pushing this. They have enough stock to push these issues onto the ballot.

The companies are walking a fine line. They don’t want it, but if they push back too hard, they will get blackballed from the ESG crowd. Having major hedge funds drop millions of $$& worth of stock is painful. Thankfully a lot of this has ended up in the annual stockholders meeting/voting and much of it hasn’t been successful.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#7]
gun control is up next. hogg and his band of traitors pushed this hard on blackrock and vanguard a few years ago.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A few institutional investors are really pushing this. They have enough stock to push these issues onto the ballot.

The companies are walking a fine line. They don’t want it, but if they push back too hard, they will get blackballed from the ESG crowd. Having major hedge funds drop millions of $$& worth of stock is painful. Thankfully a lot of this has ended up in the annual stockholders meeting/voting and much of it hasn’t been successful.
View Quote

Check out Amazons vote recommendations...its like they know the monster they gave birth to will destroy them in the end.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I only invest in companies with a high risk ESG score. Because fuck them, that's why.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The funny thing about “ESG” is that it isn’t:  it’s almost 100% eyewash so the investors can virtue signal.

Look at what’s in a typical ESG fund:  pret much everything that’s in the S&P500 except for maybe some “sin” stocks like tobacco and big oil.

Even then, since oil is up, ESG investors decided that oil stocks are OK, after all, they’ve all said they’re trying to be carbon neutral…maybe…someday…in the future.
View Quote

ESG isn't about what the companies are right now, it's about getting board members and exec management and shareholder initiatives in place to change the company.

Don't look at it as it is right now, look at who's in control and what their ideas are for what it will look like 10 years from now.

More social justice crap and more enviro nonsense, and less whitey.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I would say vote against all of it, except I did find by carefully reading the proxy statements that there was a group putting up for vote a requirement to report on how D & I / ESG was affecting the bottom line. It was a bit of a subversive push back against "wokeism" that I would approve of.

It requires an investment of time but I try to read through those shareholder proposals to decide to vote for or against. Usually it winds up being crap that needs to be voted down but occasionally you find some that aren't quite what they seem, they are just worded poorly or the company is hoping you'll just see a few key words and vote "against" like the recommend.

I also try to read the bio's for the board candidates and vote against anyone that seems to be 'coasting' or an obvious 'meeting the numbers' type.

For the hell of it sometimes I just vote against everything.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would say vote against all of it, except I did find by carefully reading the proxy statements that there was a group putting up for vote a requirement to report on how D & I / ESG was affecting the bottom line. It was a bit of a subversive push back against "wokeism" that I would approve of.
View Quote

good point
I don't remember seeing anything like that so far this year but I think in the past I've seen things that when reading the details are actually the opposite of what the title summary makes it look like
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top