BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The phillips screws turn me off as well.  Even the custom shop ones are lacking slots or hex screws.
View Quote
There are some valid and some silly complaints in this thread.

I think we all know which category this one falls into.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Who do you know, hyping up that OFF BRAND SHIT?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I am sitting here with my HK tucked IWB thinking how crazy it is to bash CZ.  I accually own more HK pistols but my CZ’s are every bit as good.  I don’t care for Hipsters but have you noticed they are drawn to good craftsmanship as a overall rule of thumb?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The people that hate on people that prefer CZs are as ghey as the people who hate on people who prefer black guns over bolt and wheel guns.

Can we stop these threads, yet?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#5]
To each his own, I love my SP-01.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Dan Wesson is the only good thing about CZ.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Count me in the fan camp.  I like my CZs.  

I blame Maynard.

Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a scorpion that is a lot of fun. My only other CZ experience is a buddies 75. It’s a nice shooter.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Love DA/SA but I didn't like the quality of my P-07. the frame was flimsy and not commensurate with a supposed tier-1 handgun.

My buddy has the SP-01 and I'm not impressed with it either.

But hey, Baskin-Robbins is in business for a reason.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought my first CZ, a Scorpion. I love it but the factory trigger sucked. I sent mine to Shooters Element and had them replace the shoe, Install the HBI springs and polish everything. Wow, it's much much better.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I have no idea what a hipster is, being over 50, and I certainly don't live in the Pacific North West, but the deserts of Arizona. I've worn glasses since I was 5, but that's kind of a medical necessity. No beard, not allowed where I work. However, CZ's I have been carrying for decades, first was a CZ-75 Compact which I deeply regret selling, heavy but very accurate. My current EDC is a CZ P-10C White Nitride, which is the first striker fired pistol to convert me. I have to carry a G-19 where I work, and they don't fit me. Nothing wrong with the pistol, wanted to love it when the G17 first hit our shores in the 80s, but the grip just doesn't work for me at all.
I have/had the CZ75 D PCR, (best old school CCW pistol ever made, IMHO), P01, (EDC for over 10 years), SP-01 Phantom, (Cajunized, great shooter), P-07, P-09, (grip wasn't exactly right, Cajunized but sent on an extended loan to someone who needed it), CZ-100, (worst freaking pile of aborted junk the world has ever seen, should have burned it with Hellfire to send it back where it came from), and two P-10Cs, which I am VERY fond of. My BREN 805 is awesome, accurate, reliable, glass smooth action, and HEAVY...can't wait for the BREN 2. Scorpion had an originally crappy trigger, wore in over time. Fun toy. My real fun one is the CZ 527M.CSR with the stock everyone here loves to hate.
But hipster? I might need as new hip joint in a few years, caused by pounding the stairs in lock down units for a few years, but hipster, dunno. However, since I OWN czfirearms.us, the original CZ Forum,  you might call me a fan boy. However, people here have already made me an AR fanboy too, so neener.
Carry whatever works for you - the beauty of this country, (the part that isn't saddled with California's Registry of Approved Sidearms), is the diversity of choice. Wanna carry a Glock? Cool. Wanna carry an HK? Cool. Wanna carry a Dardick? Gonna snicker a bit, but hey, cool, whatever works for ya, as long as people are lawfully armed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:36:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I like CZ, but op is right.

The higher end cz’s are incredible, as they should be for the price.

Mid range steel/alloy frame cz’s are solid dependable guns, but leave room for improvements,which is why so many people with cz’s go the cgw/czc route to improve them.

They have the potential to be excellent and are easy to customize to your specific liking.

The 75 is a great design whether you like it or not.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:47:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't get the fury that some people bring to hating guns that they themselves don't prefer.

Example: I like a lot about the 1911 but I find that what I like about them is greatly offset by the things I don't like about them.

But people who like the 1911...good for them.  Glad that they have a pistol they love.  Same for CZ, same for sig, same for whatever.

What I don't get, is people who like something "different" but then try to get people to leave their less "different" selection to jump on the "different" bandwagon, thereby making the alternative mainstream.  I just don't get that.  Enjoy what you want.  Preach it if you want.  But FFS, if you like to be different.....why the hell are you trying to get everyone else to be like you, because then you will be mainstream.....exactly what you claim to dislike being.

A lot of shooting well has to do with the potential of the gun, true.....but most of shooting has to do with the shooter, part of that is the shooter believing in what they are shooting.  It's why we think that pistol X is better than pistol Y.  Pistols are very emotional choices for us especially.  We like pistol x more than pistol y, even if both pistols are actually equal in mechanical accuracy and reliability.  And anyone who believes pistol Y is better than pistol X is dead wrong, because I, a sample of 1 thinks it to be true because that's the reality for me.

Know what?  If it's reliable and a person can shoot it well.....why the hell do I give a fuck what they prefer.  I don't.  I use what works and makes sense for what I want from the thing.  If that answer is CZ...great.  They are a good choice.  Just like S&W, glock, sig, dan wesson, and a whole slew of other high quality pistols.
View Quote
Great post
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I love the way CZ pistols feel, but the safeties are difficult for me to reach.  I would like to pick up a compact with a decocker when I find one used.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:08:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What hype?  The people who like them, like them.  I like the P07 and the P09.  I like the G19 and G17 too.
View Quote
I like guns.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:39:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Love DA/SA but I didn't like the quality of my P-07. the frame was flimsy and not commensurate with a supposed tier-1 handgun.

My buddy has the SP-01 and I'm not impressed with it either.

But hey, Baskin-Robbins is in business for a reason.
View Quote
I had a P-07 Duty and it was an utter piece of shit. The frame deformed and bulged within 100rds of shooting. The safety lever was physically loose. The sights were made of play-doh. The trigger pull sucked ass. The slide was nothing but sharp edges.

It was a raging cum dumpster fire of failure.

Now, my CZ-75B is a well made pistol. The quality, fit, and finish is there and worth the $400 I paid for it. The trigger could use some improvement but it is a typical DA/SA and is leaps and bounds above anything Sig ever offered in the P22x series.

But it sure doesn't beat my Browning Hi-Power or Beretta 92/96 guns. Now my 527M is a work of art.

But like I said.... the CZ-75 series beats anything Sig Sauer could ever produce except the P230/232. The P22x line is just utterly worse than anything from the 75 line and guess what. Folks think the P22x series is good.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:43:15 AM EDT
[#17]
A well worked CZ75 SA can rival a 1911 in terms of ergonomics, and trigger.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had a P-07 Duty and it was an utter piece of shit. The frame deformed and bulged within 100rds of shooting. The safety lever was physically loose. The sights were made of play-doh. The trigger pull sucked ass. The slide was nothing but sharp edges.

It was a raging cum dumpster fire of failure.

Now, my CZ-75B is a well made pistol. The quality, fit, and finish is there and worth the $400 I paid for it. The trigger could use some improvement but it is a typical DA/SA and is leaps and bounds above anything Sig ever offered in the P22x series.

http://i.imgur.com/xKzeaY0.jpg

But it sure doesn't beat my Browning Hi-Power or Beretta 92/96 guns. Now my 527M is a work of art.

http://i.imgur.com/PA3eXfX.jpg

But like I said.... the CZ-75 series beats anything Sig Sauer could ever produce except the P230/232. The P22x line is just utterly worse than anything from the 75 line and guess what. Folks think the P22x series is good.
View Quote
That's the reason the P-07 DUTY was rebuilt with the improvements from the P-09 into the plain P-07.

Every Browning Hi-Power I laid hands on had a beautiful trigger.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:45:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Aside from the scorpion?

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:46:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Ha ha ha, look at OP's name and then notice he is asking why CZ's are the most awesome handgun in the world.

It is hard to educate a retard
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:50:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't know about the pistols but my CZ rifle is an easy sub moa shooter. Friend of min was able to put 7 shots on a target paster at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:56:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A P01 only weighs 5oz more than a g17. Low slide being recessed is what lends so well to the accuracy of the gun, the docker will wear with minimal use, and the rubber is for grip, which is exactly what people are trying to achieve with stippling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
no experience with the scorpion but i hate the metal frame p01/sp01 guns. very heavy for carry, gritty decockers, uselessly tiny slide profile. weird ass rubbery texture on the p01
A P01 only weighs 5oz more than a g17. Low slide being recessed is what lends so well to the accuracy of the gun, the docker will wear with minimal use, and the rubber is for grip, which is exactly what people are trying to achieve with stippling.
This.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:02:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I had a 550 Varmint in 22-250 that was a little bitch of a rifle.

The single set trigger was nice (when in tune), but the action wasn't very smooth, the bluing sucked, and the scope mounts were stupid relative to a stnadard pic rail. The thing also wouldn't shoot ANY bullets well, unless it was behind Reloader 10x. A buddy and I bought them at the same time; we had sequential SN guns, and they were both like this.

I sold mine, and he rebarreled his into 6XC.

That same buddy had a CZ-720 shotgun that was pretty cool. The wood and bluing were shitty, but he legitimately took that thing to Argentina twice, and it held up no problem through countless flats of shells. Nice little shotgun for the ~$400 he paid for it. That's not your traditional CZ being from Turkey though.

I can't ever recall shooting a CZ handgun, but I'm not exactly a pistol guy.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:10:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It won’t make sense to us, as we are not hipsters.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:13:40 AM EDT
[#25]
my p10c is better than any glock 19.  as a matter of fact it will replace it as my edc
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:18:41 AM EDT
[#26]
I like my CZ's. Find something you like if they are not for you. Lots of other handguns out there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:30:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Short slides that are hard to grasp w/o grabbing the whole gun.

Weird looking safety levers

Just overall ugly guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What am I missing?

Short slides that are hard to grasp w/o grabbing the whole gun.

Weird looking safety levers

Just overall ugly guns.
I find this statement amusing especially if it's coming from a glock fanboi.  They shit on the sig p320 high bore axis.  But all of a sudden a low bore axis CZ is tooow or bore axis isn't a big deal.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:36:35 AM EDT
[#28]
My pre B has a sharp trigger and flat head grip screws, I love it. My post B has a Softish trigger (still way better than a glock) and Goddamned Philips grip screws, it is ok but the older ones are spectacularly better.

I bought my first CZ 22 years ago, hopefully that precludes me from hipsterism
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:50:01 AM EDT
[#29]
I know teh arfcom only cares about modern Tier 1 hipster guns, but for something historical, here is what CZ was building during WW2 at the time that the Germans occupied Czechoslovakia and CZ and co-opted their superb firearms and munitions industry.  The CZ factory was located in Strakonice in Bohemia at the time.

It's a CZ27, developed from the earlier and rather similar CZ24.  They also had a CZ38 which was somewhat bigger, but the CZ27 was what the Germans continued production of.  This one was built probably early 1945 and since it appears to have saw almost no use I can only guess that it may have been taken from the factory by one of Patton's soldiers or from a supply depot.  Who knows though.  Its finished in a German developed phosphate finish, except a few small parts in blue that were still in the bins at assembly time.  CZ also built, under contract for Walther, P-38 barrels which were sent to both Walther and Spreewerk (a factory that was contracted to also produce Walther P-38's) and used in some of the P-38's assembled in those factories.  You can identify a CZ barrel by the "fnh" manufacturer code stamped on the bottom of the barrel assembly.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:03:42 AM EDT
[#30]
You're not alone, OP.

The only CZ pistol I think I'm going to find favorable is a P10C threaded as I cannot stand having only a little slide purchase to rack.  I vastly prefer slides which fit over frames.

There may be a bolt gun in the future too but that's probably in the next decade.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:13:29 AM EDT
[#31]
If I wasn’t poor and already committed to the Glock platform i could see myself picking up a p10 series gun. As far as polymer striker fire guns I would take anything these days from HK to M&P to beretta.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:16:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I've never had a chance to try out a CZ pistol, but I love the fuck out of my Scorpion. I'm not opposed to adding a 75b to the collection.

But seriously, I fucking love the Scorpion.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:26:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The phillips screws turn me off as well.  Even the custom shop ones are lacking slots or hex screws.

Hesrightyouknow.jpg

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:33:18 AM EDT
[#34]
CZ-75 series is still better than any Sig P22x series gun. But a Beretta 92/96 or S&W 3rd Gen beats the CZ line without question. Now, their attempts in Polymer suck.

But as a hammer fired DA/SA gun? They best Sig for sure.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:38:17 AM EDT
[#35]
i've never had a problem racking the slide on a cz and i think this arugment is full on tard-city. the safety is a liiiittle bit out of the way but you get used to it pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:59:17 AM EDT
[#36]
The BRNO firm made great stuff
CZ took them over & cheaply "copied" some of their designs

CZ sux ass
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:29:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
To each his own, I love my SP-01.
View Quote
This. My in house CGW customized SP-01 is tits.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:49:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have no idea what a hipster is....
View Quote
Neither do the vast majority of people using that term in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:21:27 AM EDT
[#39]
The best CZ yet . . .

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

CZ sux ass
View All Quotes
Quoted:

CZ sux ass
From CZ-USA;
In the second half of the 1980s, a corporate modernization and restructuring process began, with an emphasis on the firearms product range. As of July 1, 1988, the Company was split off from Agrozet Brno and became a separate state enterprise, once again taking it’s original name of Ceská zbrojovka, s.p.
On May 1, 1992, the National Property Fund of the Czech Republic established the joint stock company Ceska zbrojovka a.s., Uhersky Brod in accordance with a privatization project.
CZ products are imported exclusively by CZ-USA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the parent company, Ceská zbrojovka a.s. Uherský Brod, (CZUB) of the Czech Republic. Our firearms have been available through normal channels in the US since 1991, through such importers/distributors as Bauska, Action Arms and Magnum Research.
In 2005 a great opportunity came to Dan Wesson Firearms in the form of the world’s largest firearms producer CZ. CZ had been looking at Dan Wesson Firearms for its revolvers, innovative thinking and implementation of new products within the marketplace. CZ-USA in early 2005 acquired Dan Wesson Firearms and is now managing it as a part of the CZ corporate group.
Looks like CZ left BRNO before they became a private company. Only company they bought was Dan Wesson. They do market some BRNO products, or did, clearly marked as such in the catalog. Only design that I know they got from an outside source was the Scorpion EVO, which was orioginally designed by Luago, same people behind the new Alien pistol.

Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:44:08 AM EDT
[#41]
I kick myself sometimes for not snagging one of those when I had the chance. Not a huge 1911 fan, but I would have taken that one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:22:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
CZ-75 series is still better than any Sig P22x series gun. But a Beretta 92/96 or S&W 3rd Gen beats the CZ line without question. Now, their attempts in Polymer suck.

But as a hammer fired DA/SA gun? They best Sig for sure.
View Quote
It's hard to agree with that. It's also hard to disagree.

As a S&W DA/SA fanboy, and a Beretta 92FS fanboy, I'd honestly say all three guns are pretty equal for different reasons.

As a former SIG P6 owner, SIG makes a good gun, but it lacks some stuff that the others have in ergonomics, build quality, and form factor. And based on my experiences with other SIGs, quality and reliability as well.

It also depends on the gun. A CZ PCR beats the shit out of any compact pistol Beretta ever produced, but I'd take a Beretta 92FS over a standard CZ-75B.

S&W 3914 dominates the compact carry gun niche by far though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#43]
I much prefer the CZ long guns (Scorpion, Bren) over their pistols.

I can overlook a lot about the pistols but I just can't get used to that thumb safety.  It's always too far forward and often (on the standard 75s) way too slick to hit positively.   Even the various extended levers are tough to use because if you move the lever portion back too far, it's over the pin hole and the leverage disappears.  The best thing about the Shadow 2 is that they admit its worthlessness and demote it to a very low profile BHP-type lever.

However, those wild-eyed individuals claiming categorical domination over CZ by the S&W 3rd gens are baldly engaging in (possibly narcotics-fueled?) reckless hyperbole.   About the only area of superiority over CZ is their 10mm and .45 offerings.   Otherwise I would put them pretty close and on some points, pretty far behind.  I do think that S&W is way out in front of CZ in the polymer striker market; while the P-07,09,10 are serviceable, the M&P 2.0 is excellent.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#44]
I had two of their rifles, one in 17hmr and the other in 223. Both were a joke in the accuracy department. My AR was more accurate.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I had two of their rifles, one in 17hmr and the other in 223. Both were a joke in the accuracy department. My AR was more accurate.
View Quote
If you look at pistols, try the Shadow 2.  It’s amazingly accurate.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
well, the CZ75 is ergonomically perfect, so there's that.  For me any way.

Decockers on a CZ are stupid.

I don't have any trouble gripping the slide, but I'm a man.

I don't use one for carry, because of the weight and grip thickness.

An alloy commander sized single stack version  would be really tempting for a carry gun for me.
View Quote
Decockers are great, on a CZ it's either a decock or a safety and who wants a damn safety on their handgun
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
100 years from now those glocks Will look like those plastic lures in your tackle box and the CZ 75 sp01 wil still be chooting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's because CZ pistols are better than glocks
100 years from now those glocks Will look like those plastic lures in your tackle box and the CZ 75 sp01 wil still be chooting
Ask me how I know that you have never researched this topic. Even most factory all metal guns have plastic parts, even the AR15, gasp.

ETA @TEXASROOTERSBROTHER you are a electrician if I recall correctly, do you think the plastic coating on wire will do the same after 100 years and burn everyone's house down
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I know teh arfcom only cares about modern Tier 1 hipster guns, but for something historical, here is what CZ was building during WW2 at the time that the Germans occupied Czechoslovakia and CZ and co-opted their superb firearms and munitions industry.  The CZ factory was located in Strakonice in Bohemia at the time.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3497/3807295098_0dfff1ace5_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2550/3806476621_842327414d_b.jpg

It's a CZ27, developed from the earlier and rather similar CZ24.  They also had a CZ38 which was somewhat bigger, but the CZ27 was what the Germans continued production of.  This one was built probably early 1945 and since it appears to have saw almost no use I can only guess that it may have been taken from the factory by one of Patton's soldiers or from a supply depot.  Who knows though.  Its finished in a German developed phosphate finish, except a few small parts in blue that were still in the bins at assembly time.  CZ also built, under contract for Walther, P-38 barrels which were sent to both Walther and Spreewerk (a factory that was contracted to also produce Walther P-38's) and used in some of the P-38's assembled in those factories.  You can identify a CZ barrel by the "fnh" manufacturer code stamped on the bottom of the barrel assembly.
View Quote
To be fair it looks like crude machining has always been their thing, now they just paint over it
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm a little disappointed with my SP01 tactical and rarely shoot it over my G19 MOS. It's reset is horrendous, and I even fully Cajun'd it which didn't help much. It also malfunctions on 147 flat nose

The stock grips would let the gun move around like a slimy salamander in my hands. I did get bigger grips with an aggressive cut to fix that.

It's a pretty gun though and built like a tank. It just doesn't serve a purpose over my G19 and SBR.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I want a .22 Trainer and a scout stock to use to teach my kids to shoot.....and to enjoy myself.
View Quote
Do it, great shooters.
Attachment Attached File
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top