Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2021 9:46:05 PM EDT
Around day 8 or 10 after contracting the virus, I lost almost all feeling in my thumb, and grew to my ring finger. Do I just have a pinched nerve or was it coronavirus's fault? Also. thumb and fingers seem to get colder than my right hand, and I catch myself trying to warm my left hand fingers in my palm or armpit. It has driven me nuts this week, as tuesday i returned to work  (power plant mechanic).

This isnt my first time dealing with the numbness/tingly feeling in my fingers. In 2005 I broke my neck and my fingers/hand feel almost exactly the same. I never felt like they were cold though, and every time I touch something it almost hurts with my left thumb. Never experienced that.

I think it took me 20 minutes to write this post, mostly editing out extra characters my left hand fingers hit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, peripheral neuropathy is indicative of extra red blood cells. Google polycythemia.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#2]
No. Prayers for a full recovery OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top