Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2020 8:22:56 AM EDT
Just dropped $1,000 in an index fund (VTSAX) I'm using my brokerage account rather than my Roth IRA incase I want to pull out or make changes.

It will more than likely go down more but I figure its a good buy at these prices.

Planning to dollar cost average by put a little in each week, figured there is no realistic way to time the bottom of the market.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a long talk with my Investment Advisor yesterday. The result is that he is selling off a couple dogs that have been underperforming for years. I will lose a little money compared to the base purchase price but that will help tax wise against a gain I realized in January. With those funds I am buying some blue chip stocks at a price that would have had buyers drooling over six months. Infrastructure is fine, I predict the markets will rebound sooner than later and when they do, they will come back like a tidal wave.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:01:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in rough shape from the crash.  I haven't cashed out yet so I'm in it for the long.  I think if this things carries on through August or longer, real-estate will be looking tasty.  Transit/logistics firms are tanking heavy but will be backed by the federal government.  I'm about to make a move on some rail/airlines but I keep buying guns
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, sinking tons of money into the market.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Every single month as I have been for years
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Every single month as I have been for years
View Quote
My 401k is still maxed, but I'm trying to come up with some money above and beyond that.

Been watching the price of ammo and might unload some M855 and M193 if the price get close to $1 a round and buy stock with that as well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been investing more lately as well.  Good time to be buying.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 2:02:22 AM EDT
[#7]
have been scraping together every bit of spare cash i can find to toss into the market

I am even looking and maxing the cards on balance transfers 0% until 2021 to throw into the market as well
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the greatest discount sale on stocks in my investing career- I’ve thrown every spare bit of cash I have into the market save the emergency fund
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top