Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been in this sector since 2020 and if I was just sitting on my original positions, I'd still be way up overall. However, I have been buying all along during dips and a couple fomo buys as well and this pull back has certainly hurt.

Having said that, I would love to be finding out about this whole uranium thesis today.  Many of the top uranium names are down near 50% off their 52 week highs. It's a great entry point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl9yX_yxx-I
View Quote

Bought more ccj today. If i had more cash it would go all in...
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I keep a bar of that with me in my back pocket.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought in URNM because of this thread.

It's all OPs fault.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought again today. PALAF and CURUF. I just opened a Schwab account so I can buy more SRUUF.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought again today. PALAF and CURUF. I just opened a Schwab account so I can buy more SRUUF.
View Quote

Can't decide if I should buy more SRUUF yet. it was at -15% to NAV yesterday and is only getting more discounted.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just opened a Schwab account...
View Quote

Klaus Schwab?

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The State Of The Uranium Market - With John Ciampaglia, on SmallCapSteve LIVE!
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Are we having fun yet? Sput @0.44% premium over NAV today.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saw that. I opened a Schwab account so I could buy more SRUUF. Managed to get it at a 9% discount to NAV.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

That makes me very hopeful
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#11]
This is big.

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Kevin Bambrough is the former president and CEO of Sprott Inc.

Click the link to read the whole thread.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1500604313361600513.html

Bottom line… less spot #uranium available for sput or fuel buyers that are desperate for spot supplies because they have uncontracted needs. Oh..and there’s also miners that have over contracted that also MUST buy spot material to fulfill contact obligations.
I continue to believe that we are about to see a steep spike in the #uranium price. Steeper and also greater in magnitude than the last bull market (when I correctly predicted it would spike to $140/lb). Look back at the old charts of the 2007 run up….

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice day. See some small news, Japanese plant restart, but nothing really to explain 18%+ on UEC, whole sector up 7-20%.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#15]
This news went out and uranium stocks lit up!!

These were all flat to down a little this morning. Sprott is sitting on about $100M to purchase U308, if they start buying now, look out above!

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Yesterday’s market minute.

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 135: Doctor, we have a PULSE!
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#17]
The uranium thesis has never been stronger and U stocks are on a 50% off sale.

Fireside Chat: The Buy Side Investor Perspective | Red Cloud Summer Uranium Conference 2022
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I invested in Uranium and Luna.
Second one looks dead now. Planning to purchase here a crypto license and become a trader myself in the future.
This way i not gonna depend on ups and downs of particular currency but get paid from every single operation.
Sounds not too complicated and absolutely makes sense.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#19]
This is great news. It allows EU nuclear to access $350B dollars of funding for green energy and it also frees up many billions of investment dollars that are hamstrung by ESG rules to invest in nuclear.

Nuke stocks are on sale right now if you aren't in already. A lot are at or near to 50% off their recent highs. The general market has dragged all equities down with but the case for nuclear has never been better.

Today's decision by the European Parliament to include nuclear energy in the EU taxonomy will help the fight against climate change and accelerate progress towards a sustainable low-carbon energy system by stimulating investment in new nuclear projects, not just in Europe, but worldwide.Reacting to the vote, Sama Bilbao y León, Director General, World Nuclear Association said,"The European Parliament's positive vote sends a clear endorsement of nuclear energy to the financial community. It has listened to the science and recognized that sustainable investment in nuclear energy will help the EU reach net-zero by 2050. Now governments, investors, and industry must act urgently and accelerate the deployment of new nuclear capacity to achieve this goal.”Nuclear is the largest single source of low-carbon electricity in the EU, and this decision with help ensure that nuclear will play a key part in Europe’s clean energy future. Nuclear energy helps secure energy supplies by reducing demand for imported fossil fuels and will be the foundation of a clean and reliable net-zero electricity mix.
View Quote

https://www.world-nuclear.org/press/press-statements/european-parliament-has-chosen-to-listen-to-the-sc.aspx#.YsV5EM0KDBg.twitter

This was recorded a week or so ago. It's a must listen to.

Fireside Chat: The Buy Side Investor Perspective | Red Cloud Summer Uranium Conference 2022

ETA: FWIW I think man made, carbon caused, climate change and ESG is BS but the watermellons seem to have taken over so it is what it is.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is great news. It allows EU nuclear to access $350B dollars of funding for green energy and it also frees up many billions of investment dollars that are hamstrung by ESG rules to invest in nuclear.

Nuke stocks are on sale right now if you aren't in already. A lot are at or near to 50% off their recent highs. The general market has dragged all equities down with but the case for nuclear has never been better.

https://www.world-nuclear.org/press/press-statements/european-parliament-has-chosen-to-listen-to-the-sc.aspx#.YsV5EM0KDBg.twitter

This was recorded a week or so ago. It's a must listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_KLgPmLu3Y

ETA: FWIW I think man made, carbon caused, climate change and ESG is BS but the watermellons seem to have taken over so it is what it is.
View Quote

Just saw this news. Great news, and supports the thesis.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just saw this news. Great news, and supports the thesis.
View Quote

With this pullback, the whole sector's market cap is now only about $30B. It won't take much to move it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#22]
So what are the companies people are investing in with all this good news?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am keeping it simple with UROY, SRUUF, and URNM

I think I want to wait a bit more though before adding as the dollar keeps ripping higher.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

URNM is a pure uranium ETF, URA is a mostly uranium ETF and a bit of related stocks and SRUUF is physical trust that buys but doesn't sell U308.

Here is the page with Sprott's URNM holdings:

https://sprottetfs.com/urnm-sprott-uranium-miners-etf/

SRUUF

https://www.sprott.com/investment-strategies/physical-commodity-funds/uranium/
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks guys. I’ve been reading up on these companies and etf’s all day.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#26]
I have dnn, ccj, urnm, ura, uec and urg and in that order most to least
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#27]

It’s a renaissance. It’s the dawning of a new age. It’s the stuff inside the briefcase in “Pulp Fiction.” However you phrase it, uranium is, again, a highly sought-after commodity. Political power brokers all over the world, feeling the heat at home as war in Eastern Europe continues to constrain global fossil fuel supplies, are recognizing nuclear’s ability to satisfy baseload energy demand on a relatively clean basis. Also, uranium supply and production is limited right now. These are the makings of a generational wealth-creation opportunity, as Ocean Wall CEO Nick Lawson explains to Real Vision’s Maggie Lake. Nick and Maggie talk about nuclear power’s history, including the high-profile accidents. But Vladimir Putin’s weaponization of energy commodities threatens even wider, longer-lasting damage. It’s going to take discipline and patience. But the uranium trade has a new glow, and Nick has the scoop on how to build a position. Recorded on June 15, 2022
View Quote

https://www.realvision.com/vetfjyqrvngfgayf?utm_source=contributor&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=20220621_NLML_AE_CONT_W1_LINK

With the general downturn in the markets, uranium stocks are now selling at the prices they were at when uranium was $30 a pound. The fundamentals of this trade have not changed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Five up days in a row. Are we making the turn?

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 155: CAPEX & Production Costs Will Support MUCH Higher Prices
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Five up days in a row. Are we making the turn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gubCPXb17sc
View Quote

Up even on the market down days, that's mighty encouraging.
Watching the volumes like a hawk. Things should be getting better, but it's going to take some higher participation to get back to April numbers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Today’s market minute.

I’m looking forward to the members only webinar tomorrow but I’m traveling during the day and will watch it tomorrow evening.

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 156: Conversion is Pointing the Way
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Kind of a brutal ending to the week.
Unfortunately, I own no Silex. There was another stock having a good day, also not in my portfolio, can't remember who it was.

The answer to Europe's energy problem is right in front of them. I hope they figure it out soon.

@Captainpooby  Did the members only info give you any hope?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Hello!

Cameco earnings report this morning.

ASX stocks at the open.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Great week for U stocks.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#34]
I sure hope we can hang on to last weeks gains.
It put the portfolio half way back to the highs.

I wonder what India plans to do about the processing?

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I sure hope we can hang on to last weeks gains.
It put the portfolio half way back to the highs.

I wonder what India plans to do about the processing?

View Quote

They either build their own processing/enrichment facilities or go to Russia for it and $380M won't cover that. That's hardly enough to put one mine into production let alone build anything else downstream in the fuel cycle. The rest of the world is sorely short of processing/enrichment capabilities at the moment and not much in the pipeline ATM. Even if it goes forward, you're looking at years out for first production.

Converdyne is looking to increase it's capabilities and Silex may have their laser enrichment up and running in a few years but nothing near term.

Today's MM

Uranium Market Minute – Episode 162: Kazatomprom Q2 Operational Update

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Welp, the monstrous "Inflation Reduction Act" (lol) has passed the Senate. Bend over and prepare for your new taxes and audits.

But wait! There's more!!!

All clouds have a silver lining and if you're a uranium investor this cloud has a uranium lining. There is is plenty to be happy about related to the uranium sector due to all the ESG, Climate Change and Green New Deal bullshit that's in it. Truth is, and even the water melons are starting to come around to it, is that none of their net zero carbon goals can be met without nuclear power. Nestled inside the bill are subsidies/tax credits for existing and future nuclear power generation and enrichment. While I believe this bill is an abomination I am a realist and these provisions are good for the uranium sector.

The thesis just keeps getting better and better.

https://thebreakthrough.org/blog/the-inflation-reduction-act-how-does-it-impact-the-nuclear-energy-industry

https://www.engage.hoganlovells.com/knowledgeservices/news/summary-of-the-nuclear-related-provisions-in-the-inflation-reduction-act-of-2022/

In other news, Morgan Stanley ranked uranium #1 on their "commodity thermometer"

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#37]
I bought dnn, uroy, and uuuu three weeks ago and they are up 30% so far.  I’m thinking uranium stocks have a long ways to go up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I bought dnn, uroy, and uuuu three weeks ago and they are up 30% so far.  I’m thinking uranium stocks have a long ways to go up.
View Quote

I think you are right.

There are people far smarter than I am that think so as well. I am not kind of guy who is smart enough to discover the thesis, but I'm smart enough to "check their work" and the reasoning is sound and gets  sounder every day. The more I look into it, the more convinced I am of it. "The price has to go up or the lights go out." Rick Rule.

A guide to those new to the sector:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1137894315944841217

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I keep a bar of that with me in my back pocket.

View Quote

Keep mine under my pillow with my gold bars.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#40]
What is the preferred uranium stock?  Is it one of the ETFs, are there companies better poised to meet immediate market demands of all the Small Modular reactors?  

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What is the preferred uranium stock?  Is it one of the ETFs, are there companies better poised to meet immediate market demands of all the Small Modular reactors?  

View Quote

The big dog is Cameco, CCJ. Of all the U stocks they are probably closest to starting their mines back up producing.

The ETFs are URA, URNM, and for physical exposure the Sprott Physical Uranium Trust, SRUUF. Not all exchanges allow purchase of SRUUF because it’s Canadian or something like that. URNM is a pure uranium play while URA also holds some “uranium related” stocks.

First mover in the SMR space would be NuScale Power, ticker SMR. SMR just went public last May I think and is already up about 50%. There are SMR warrants trading as well. $11.50 warrants are trading at about 3.50. On TD the warrants are listed as SMR+ but on TradingView  they show as SMRW.

Easiest play is just buy the ETFs.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Derek is another "must follow" on Twitter.

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#43]
After this recent runup, and the passing of some funding for the industry, I set tight stops under all of my U stocks.
I've been tripped out on LEU, UEC, UUUU, and DNN. Still holding CCJ and SRUUF but they're near their stops too.

I'm still on board with the thesis but U has been very much acting with risk-on investments. Headwinds for those include the upcoming inflation data and Septembers Fed decision on rates. For U specifically, I don't know what good news might drive it higher but Russia's weekend shelling around the Zaphorizhia plant makes me nervous. An accident there could set the industry back Fukushima style for longer than I can wait.  

I'll be looking to get back in at lower prices, and I'm disappointed that the sector hasn't moved higher under current conditions. I just can't see what will move it higher in the short term that recent news hasn't done.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I’m not a trader and this is certainly too volatile for me to even think about trading in and out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I’m not a trader and this is certainly too volatile for me to even think about trading in and out.
View Quote

I don't consider myself a trader. I watch a few niche markets closely, and rotate funds based on what I perceive to be opportunities.
I've been rotating into gold stocks the past week. Money supply has exploded, and share prices are currently at pre fed printing lows right now.
Mining shares relative to spot price are also the best they've been since the last peak in March, when I got stopped out of that market.

Trailing stops for volatile stocks aren't really "trading". These things can crash hard and stay there for a long time. You should have a limit to the loss you're willing to accept in these.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Tag.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I have to ask why not buy centrus energy.  All of this uranium that will be mined has to be purified to HALEU for the triso fuel models.    Centrus is the only American technology capable of meeting these demands.    Further more the nuclear producers don’t want to us “tainted” uranium from other sources because they possess impurities that make management of spent fuel that much more complicated.  Centrus again offers the only capability to produce the required feed stock.  

Just a question @captinpooby

Edit - looks like LEU has popped in the past 30 days….
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have to ask why not buy centrus energy.  All of this uranium that will be mined has to be purified to HALEU for the triso fuel models.    Centrus is the only American technology capable of meeting these demands.    Further more the nuclear producers don’t want to us “tainted” uranium from other sources because they possess impurities that make management of spent fuel that much more complicated.  Centrus again offers the only capability to produce the required feed stock.  

Just a question @captinpooby

Edit - looks like LEU has popped in the past 30 days….
View Quote

LEU has been the star performer of those I track, post 4/8/22 uranium spot peak price. But it isn't as dependent on or correlated to spot for its value as the miners are.
Miners typically not only follow spot, they amplify it. Up moves are outsized, as well as down moves.
That isn't happening with Uranium miners really, and one of the reasons I think that spot either has to jump, or miners will fall.
Here is an overlay of SPUT (SRUUF for USA) with the miners since the April peak. Peak is the baseline where all are equal.
Do this same comparison using a peak or trough as base line for ANY other mined commodity, and you will see the outsize moves of the miners vs the commodity.

Attachment Attached File

It doesn't inspire confidence for me in the current price of miners. Again, LEU is only there to show how much better it has done, but it's relationship to SPUT has much less meaning than miners. Increasing demand for conversion (see the whole underfeeding vs. overfeeding issue too) will drive LEU much more than spot. In fact, LEU can be more profitable when raw material costs falls.

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Here's the same chart for gold (XAUUSD) vs miners since the early March peak of gold.
Miners (and royalty) dropped much more percentage wise. This is normal.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Full disclosure, I'm not a professional. I don't regularly beat the S&P500. In fact, I am woefully behind it over 40 years of investing.
Ergo, I could be and likely am, wrong.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top