BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RED_5:
Every one I've made an offer on, listed VA as an option, so WTF?

its a valid way of buying a house.. it's not my first time using it.

I'm not making offers on shitty houses.  I just looked at one this afternoon
that in 5 minutes of being there, I decided it didn't meet my standards.

The market is so full of itself right now, people will pay top dollar for shit; and sellers know it and are taking advantage of it.

I'm not going down that road.
View Quote

With most homes going over asking, I’d hardly say that it’s sellers taking advantage of people. It’s just the market right now. We lost out on 6 offers due to using VA. Got the 7th place we looked at and put an offer on. It is what it is. I could have gone conventional but didn’t want to liquidate investments and guns to make that happen. Either be patient or walk away from buying right now. It’s not getting any better and will take a few years for the waves to subside.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
VA loans can be a bitch because the appraisal standards are much tougher.  

In this inflated market, it's not unusual for houses to not appraise for the price which the buyer and seller agreed upon in the contract.

From a seller's perspective, why dick around with the chance of the house not appraising when there are conventional buyers....
View Quote
This is correct - VA & FHA loans are more highly scrutinized on the appraisal.  There are certain things that will fail inspection on VA & FHA that won't matter in a conventional loan.  Roof being first and foremost - any leaking of the roof... it isn't passing the guidelines.  VA & FHA typically take around 10-15 days longer in underwriting as well since they are "government backed" loans.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top