Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2023 1:08:09 PM EDT
I'm thinking about selling my Canon R6 to B&H . I want to upgrade to the R6 mkII. So I'll use the funds from the sale to help offset the upgrade cost.

Has anyone sold a camera to B&H? Did they end up giving you close to what they quoted you?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't, but have had good dealings with the folks at KEH.

I have the r6 mk ii, and I love it. Not sure of the differences between the regular r6.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Another vote for KEH. Upgraded from an A6 to an A7, and while I got less than I had hoped, their estimate was spot on.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I've sold to KEH, and as long as you properly describe the condition they'll give you what they offer in the submission process.

It'll be about 75% of what you might get if you go private sales, but it's hassle free with no shenanigans.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm...The KEH Quotes are a couple hundred more than the B&H quote.

I might go that route.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I have sold to KEH and MPB.  And I buy from MPB.  Both have been very fair with the quotes and keeping their quotes.  The only time I had a quote decrease it when I sold a camera and it did not have the original battery charger.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had good luck selling my camera bodies to MPB.    As others have said, you won't get "top dollar" as they need to resell and make something themselves, but, you will get paid and avoid all the #$%^@ tire kickers.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Try Adorama too. Good to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blob:
Try Adorama too. Good to deal with.
View Quote

I've sold and traded in gear with B&H and Adorama. Both were good to deal with. You get less for your stuff but don't have the bullshit of selling privately.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top