Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2021 7:21:10 AM EDT
Iv had every emotion imagineable at one point or another while reading.  Except for being scared.  Anybody have suggestions for books that are legitimately, cant fall asleep level scary?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The ritual got me. I’m in your hot where I’ve never had a book that scared me until I read the ritual. There’s a moment in it that I won’t give away but it’s very good. Neville is a good horror writer in general.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw the movie.  It was good.  I'm assuming it was based on the book.

The scariest book I've ever read was 'It' by Stephen King.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried to read “it” but I couldn’t get past the dialog. I was half convinced Stephen King had never had a conversation with a human being before writing that book. “Beep beep Richie”.

I will say the book the ritual deviates a tiny bit from the movie. The movie was good, but they couldn’t recreate the specific moment in the book I’m referencing.

I will say the first couple chapters of “the stand” would have been interesting to read in March of last year.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The Bible is pretty terrifying. I like Koontz books.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Das Kapital
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
A lot of Ambrose Bierce short stories are very good (and free digital copies are available).

"The Spook House" is my favorite scary story.

Poe also has many classic scary tales of high quality.  Also free.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried to read "it" but I couldn't get past the dialog. I was half convinced Stephen King had never had a conversation with a human being before writing that book. "Beep beep Richie".

I will say the book the ritual deviates a tiny bit from the movie. The movie was good, but they couldn't recreate the specific moment in the book I'm referencing.

I will say the first couple chapters of "the stand" would have been interesting to read in March of last year.
View Quote

I would put Salem's Lot or Pet Sematary above IT for creepy, don't fall asleep, books. And yes, some of his dialog is pretty stupid.

There are a couple of really good short stories in King's Everything's Eventual collection, especially The Man in the Black Suit.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top