Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2018 5:42:23 PM EDT
I recently dusted off my old TC3, replaced the parts that needed it, and swapped in modern electronics and a brushless motor.

Well, it didn't make it through two LiPos before the rear diff melted.

I've ordered steel outdrives, but am curious if anyone has experience with the molded ones.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
molded are generally fine for the newer power plants.... You may need to shim the gears.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File
Freshly assembled.  I also added some grippy Rally tires too...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a repop RC10 World's Car (think golden chassis RC10 except anodized black, and with the Stealth tranny iirc, and some other minor upgrades/updates) and it's been sooooooooo long since I've done RC...I need to learn up on all this shit
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I want a TC-3 to mess around on the street. too bad they quit making them. Im sure there are knock offs out there. they where popular
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 7:45:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I loved my TC3 so much, indoor racing was fun.  When I feel out of R/Cs, i converted the car for street use with the rallycar kit.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want a TC-3 to mess around on the street. too bad they quit making them. Im sure there are knock offs out there. they where popular
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I checked out petitrc.com and they have the TC3 manual online. Looks like the "racer" kit came with composite outdrives and composite MIP CVD's. This makes me want to get my TC3 going again.

ETA: What turn motor are you running?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I checked out petitrc.com and they have the TC3 manual online. Looks like the "racer" kit came with composite outdrives and composite MIP CVD's. This makes me want to get my TC3 going again.

ETA: What turn motor are you running?
View Quote
Brushless 3300kv

http://www.reedypower.com/products/details/907/

Reedy 540-SL4
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Updates?  Did you get this worked out?

I have a TC3 sitting in my basement.  My buddies and I bought them a long time ago to mess with, but they eventually wound up on the shelf.  We went a 2nd round with them at some point, upgrading to brushless setups with better radios, but then our track closed down

I'd like to get this back out and going again just for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Nah, got distracted with other things.

May fiddle around with it once I get caught up on some other things
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 2:41:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I went through this very issue a few years ago. There is an excellent thread on RCTech.net that tells you exactly what you need to do:

https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/894999-associated-tc3-shredding-ball-diff-3s.html

Front spool is pretty much required.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top