Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2020 9:52:28 AM EDT
I need to see page 209-210 and any endnotes/footnotes.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#1]
For $10.75 you can get a copy...  
BookFinder
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  Turns out the school library has a copy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 1:21:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you get it because I have the book if you need anything.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks carriergas.  I brought the library copy home yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks carriergas.  I brought the library copy home yesterday.
View Quote

You're welcome, I have a bit of a library and am a WWII junkie so if I can help in the future......
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#6]
@CarrierGas - did you read Omar Bradley's A Soldier's Story?  I'm reading Ike's Crusade In Europe right now.  I'm curious what Bradley had to say about Hurtgen Forest.  What a mess or green hell on earth that was.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Have read neither of them, I'll put them on the list! Forgotten the book I read about the Huertgen, it was about the 28th, "The Bloody Bucket". It was hell. I analogize it to Peleliu, the theater probably could have been won even if the battles were not fought.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Concur with you on Hurtgen. What a waste but like some admiral once said, "These soldiers seem to go for the thickest part of the fence."

What I'm trying to figure out is the sudden shift.  The First US Army was the northernmost army and south of the British and Canadian armies.  Then by battle of the Bulge the Ninth Army was the northernmost and the First Army moved slightly south around the Ardennes.  I know many units like the 28th, 2nd were sent to the "quiet" sector after the Hurtgen to rest & recover.  Did the US simply shift the command structure and add a new/fresh corps from the coast to the Ninth?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top