Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2023 4:25:36 PM EDT
I lift or exercise just about everyday in a pretty standard rotation. I haven't changed my routine much if at all recently. This past week I've had this crazy weird burning sensation right at my tricep when I either fully extend my arm quickly, or fully close my arm quickly. It started on my left side but now same thing on my right. It feels exactly like a really bad "Indian burn" for those of you that used to do that as kids. It's definitely at the skin and not a muscle or tendon thing.

Just curious if anybody else has had this happen? I don't know if it's lifting related or not. Am I going to die? Weird.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Go up a size with your T-shirts maybe?

Ever had chaffed nipples from running? Could be the same thing....but your tricep nipples.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Could have also caught some fungus from the gym equipment. Someone didn't wipe the bench down properly when they were done.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could have also caught some fungus from the gym equipment. Someone didn't wipe the bench down properly when they were done.
View Quote

Nah, home gym all the way. Unless of course wifey.....haha. RE: Chafing, no it's like a full on burning sensation.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:10:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Pinched nerve?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pinched nerve?
View Quote

I thought that too when it was just one side, but then it happened in the exact same spot on the other arm. Huh. It's gone now. Human bodies are weird.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I had the same exact thing!  Started early March and lasted about 3 weeks, only on the left side.  "Indian burn" is exactly how I tried to describe it to my wife.  Very bizarre & hurt like hell if I moved my arm the wrong way.  Didn't ever effect my lifting at all, just random moments going about my day.  I chocked it up to most likely a nerve thing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Probably a shoulder issue radiating down the arm. Stretch, warmth, ice, whatever you think you need
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like nerve pain.

Whenever we have the same pain on both sides we want to look at the spine. Could be some inflammation around a disc bulge putting some pressure on the C7 nerve roots at the base of the neck.

I'd recommend going to see a chiropractor or physical therapist to work through it. Should only take a handful of visits and up to 2 weeks or so to resolve. Last thing I'll say is you likely aren't making it worse by continuing to train so don't worry about that.

I'm a chiro so take that biased opinion as you wish.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Shingles?
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had the same exact thing!  Started early March and lasted about 3 weeks, only on the left side.  "Indian burn" is exactly how I tried to describe it to my wife.  Very bizarre & hurt like hell if I moved my arm the wrong way.  Didn't ever effect my lifting at all, just random moments going about my day.  I chocked it up to most likely a nerve thing.
View Quote

I'm glad I'm not the only one lol. I actually forgot about it, it just went away on it's own. I thought it was a nerve thing when it was just one arm, but then when it happened to both I thought maybe it was a deeper issue. Anyhow, I'm super glad it's gone, it did hurt like hell like you said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top