Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2018 5:00:52 PM EDT
Here in Oregon all Booze goes thru the state and is sold by state licensed stores so they have a record of every bottle in the state for sale. Its very handy in finding the rarer stuff, but sometimes the owners will hide the good stuff to sale too high end bars and what not.

I just got a nice bottle of four Roses S/B Barrel Strength by running a bottle down using the app.

Oregon Liquor Search
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the only thing OR had going for it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's the only thing OR had going for it.
View Quote
Don't let Portland taint your view of the State.

Outside a very small area of commie control Oregon is pretty conservative and a sportsmans dream. I hunt over the counter tags for Deer, elk, bear, cougar ext. on massive tracks of public land.  My cars don't have to pass emissions and cost me about $50 a year to register. There isn't a Sales tax and so far we have managed to keep most crazy gun grabbing laws off the books.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
PA has a similar search feature.
I use it to locate bottles I'm  looking for. Most of the rare stuff is either online only or lottery.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Virginia does as well. Was thinking real hard about picking up a bottle of Remy Martin XO at CDG a few trips ago...duty free was running it for 220 Euro....something triggered me to check VA ABC...it was running $192. I passed on it.  To close the loop, went to Langley Class VI when I got back to CONUS...almost keeled over when the lonely box on the shelf was marked $132. I asked the clerk wassup....he said it was a slow seller due to fellows in Hampton/Newport News preferring Henny...they just wanted it to move.  It did....right home with me.   Since then, I always check out the Duty Free shops for fun...and it appears they are collaborating and it consistently shows up for 220 Euro everywhere in Europe.  Least Cuban ceegars are still a buy!
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
We don't have anything like that, as we don't let the state control our alcohol.   Free market FTMFW!

Eta: also, we don't get raped on alcohol taxes like most othe states.
Eta2: if you wanna talk class 6/PX pricing, then you can find a 1.75 of Johnny Black for $45 when they run a sale.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Idaho has a similar function, but for the most part I don’t use it because the lack of selection is so awful
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Pennsylvania has something similar.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd assume the majority of the states that have state liquor stores would have it, New Hampshire does.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Washington used to before the state stores died. Good riddance, one of the few "successes" of the initiative ballot processes. Now if we can nip off some of the taxes... At least now the taxes are on the label, at the states stores you never knew how much of the price was made of taxes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I found Four Roses Single Barrel all over the state (of Oregon), but it's overpriced. I can find it around here for about $42, found it in CA for $36 at Safeway. It's $50 in Oregon.

Also their search engine leaves a lot to be desired. Cool concept though.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I found Four Roses Single Barrel all over the state (of Oregon), but it's overpriced. I can find it around here for about $42, found it in CA for $36 at Safeway. It's $50 in Oregon.

Also their search engine leaves a lot to be desired. Cool concept though.
View Quote
Don't forget to factor in tax, Oregon has no sales tax on liquor, but they do have a $22.73/gallon liquor tax already priced in.

California, liquor is taxed $3.30/gallon (paid by retailer so already in the labeled price) + normal sales tax which iirc is about 6%, so still pretty cheap.

Here, Total Wine says they sell it for $47.99 https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/bourbon/small-batch-bourbon/four-roses-single-barrel/p/105323750, BevMo says it's $49.99 https://www.bevmo.com/catalog/product/view/id/11258... But after the consumer paid $3.77/liter ($14.27/gal) excise tax and 20.5% sales tax (not a typo) that's a $65 dollar bottle otd here . Been that way as long as I've been alive, liquor laws are fucking weird. That's probably also why liquor is less popular here than other regions compared to beer and wine and basically anyone that drinks that travels to places like CA bring booze back with them... Still better than the state stores were.

ETA:
I just checked a BevMo in CA and it was $51.99, so BevMo does price based on location, but I'm not seeing anywhere it was substantially cheaper retail price.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
AL is state run but I've not found a search function.
View Quote
@justsayin

Average guy in AL can't search.  Commercial accounts can see current inventory in their designated store and can hold it for something like 72 hours.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Don't forget to factor in tax, Oregon has no sales tax on liquor, but they do have a $22.73/gallon liquor tax already priced in.

California, liquor is taxed $3.30/gallon (paid by retailer so already in the labeled price) + normal sales tax which iirc is about 6%, so still pretty cheap.

Here, Total Wine says they sell it for $47.99 https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/bourbon/small-batch-bourbon/four-roses-single-barrel/p/105323750, BevMo says it's $49.99 https://www.bevmo.com/catalog/product/view/id/11258... But after the consumer paid $3.77/liter ($14.27/gal) excise tax and 20.5% sales tax (not a typo) that's a $65 dollar bottle otd here . Been that way as long as I've been alive, liquor laws are fucking weird. That's probably also why liquor is less popular here than other regions compared to beer and wine and basically anyone that drinks that travels to places like CA bring booze back with them... Still better than the state stores were.

ETA:
I just checked a BevMo in CA and it was $51.99, so BevMo does price based on location, but I'm not seeing anywhere it was substantially cheaper retail price.
View Quote
In Colorado we pay straight sales tax, so it varies by location.
One of my favorite places to shop is in the county, so the sales tax is 5.3%; that would be about $2.12-$2.50 on the Four Roses.
Also the Total wines near sacramento have them for $39.99- but out of stock.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So THAT's where all the Weller goes........

View Quote
@justsayin

Pretty much.  I haven't scored a single bottle at the store that has a commercial side.  The staff says MGM allocates it all to commercial.  I scored 1 at a different store though.  That store is a big one and I think goes through a ton of bourbon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top