Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2023 2:55:50 PM EDT
During my time at Riddle, I found the school to be fairly free from political indoctrination (and many of the professors were conservative leaning).  Apparently that is no longer the case.  While driving by their Prescott campus this morning, I noticed their electronic marquee sign is advertising that they are hosting a drag show.  

In this day and age, the only reason to host such an event is to signal political leanings.  I’m disappointed in the school, and the fact that they no longer care about their reputation.  I will be sending a scathing letter to their alumni relations board, and encourage any other alumni to do the same.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Boggles the kind that an institution like that finds the need to host a drag show.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Every ERAU grad I know is a die hard consevative.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Boggles the kind that an institution like that finds the need to host a drag show.
View Quote

Absolutely.  There is no need for a STEM heavy school to do this.  It can only hurt them.

Quoted:
View Quote

Same.  And so was almost every professor (the exception being the professors general studies required for graduation like speech or English)
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
(the exception being the professors general studies required for graduation like speech or English)
View Quote

And those were the likely instigators, probably having laid groundwork previously by doing what they could to make the administration bend to their demands.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not anymore.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I attended a Prescott ER graduation just a few months ago and it was pretty evident that woke/SJW stuff
had made some inroads during the ceremony. Not as bad as other universities, but it was there.

Wouldn't be surprised if institutions that don't have it get harassed by the accreditation organizations.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

The movement has billionaire backers.

One of whom is the pritzker family.

Plus, the ESG cartel controls a titanic amount of resources, and they won't come off the dime unless you're approved by the political kommisars.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Riddle always did need to increase their female student ratio.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a Prescott ERAU grad of 1995.
Thankfully I never experienced any political garbage my whole time there.
Thankfully I was also a newlywed because the female options were might few and far between.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow that’s disappointing
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Daytona, Dec. '81, BSAE. Absolutely no woke stuff back then, but that's no surprise. Absolutely no wimmins either.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#12]
The drag performers will be named parasitic and induced.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there a single college or university left in the country (world?) that hasn't gone batshit woke with the CDI banging hard against the left needle stop?

Aside from religious schools. There are a number of them still around. But not one secular school. I won't go anywhere near my alma mater, and I wouldn't, won't and don't give them a dime.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#14]
What is the date and location?
I've looked on their events calendar, and can not find it.

Jay
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#15]
maybe its an old fashioned show

where it really is dudes cross dressing

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I’m ex Riddle guy. Pretty conservative especially with 2nd amendment. I’ve been to drag shows…they are pretty entertaining. I would not put too much into Prescott Campus hosting one. I graduated in 86… those were good times.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#17]
If they receive federal funding, they are probably being pressured by the current administration to be "inclusive" in order to continue receiving said funding.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’m ex Riddle guy. Pretty conservative especially with 2nd amendment. I’ve been to drag shows…they are pretty entertaining. I would not put too much into Prescott Campus hosting one. I graduated in 86… those were good times.
View Quote

Are you saying it's conservative today or was conservative in 86?

Because today, except for religious universities, there isn't a non-woke campus in Amerika.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I finished up there in '96 after doing 2 years at a community College.  I should have saved the money and gotten a Bachelor's degree anywhere else, but I digress.

Politics, religion, and your sex life are not topics of conversation for the cockpit...and they shouldn't be featured at a STEM-heavy organization like Riddle, either.

However, in today's day and age...ask me if I'm surprised.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 4:48:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are you saying it's conservative today or was conservative in 86?

Because today, except for religious universities, there isn't a non-woke campus in Amerika.
View Quote

Hillsdale College is a non-religious "Liberal" Arts school - Liberal in the traditional sense of the word, not the current co-opted by Marxists definition.  They're really very conservative.  They refuse to take any Fed money, including student loans.  Only one I know of.  Check their web site http://hillsdale.edu.  They offer free online classes on the Constitution, same as every student is required to take.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 5:14:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:29:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Hillsdale College is a non-religious "Liberal" Arts school...
View Quote
They are a religious school. It says so right on their website: "Hillsdale College is a small, Christian, classical liberal arts college in southern Michigan".
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Daytona, Dec. '81, BSAE. Absolutely no woke stuff back then, but that's no surprise. Absolutely no wimmins either.
View Quote

Daytona '94 here. Agree completely on both counts.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I graduated from Prescott about 20 years ago. That's pretty disappointing!
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#26]
My son is there now. I can tell you that one of their spokesmen students is trans.

EDIT: I am being told the event was cancelled because of "security issues".
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:49:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Class of 2007 at the Daytona campus.

Very conservative back then.  Had to take a few humanities classes for the degree and those professors were pretty liberal but we often argued with them enough they mostly kept quiet.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is there a single college or university left in the country (world?) that hasn't gone batshit woke with the CDI banging hard against the left needle stop?

Aside from religious schools. There are a number of them still around. But not one secular school. I won't go anywhere near my alma mater, and I wouldn't, won't and don't give them a dime.
View Quote

Auburn U enters the chat. It's got a few progressive cracks in the stonework, but still pretty conservative. Head BB coach, who has had his BLM moments, even Tweeted congrats at the GOP for stopping the Squad's anti-semitic event, and has also gone on record supporting free speech WRT to the vax.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:31:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Auburn
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I finished up there in '96 after doing 2 years at a community College.  I should have saved the money and gotten a Bachelor's degree anywhere else, but I digress.

Politics, religion, and your sex life are not topics of conversation for the cockpit...and they shouldn't be featured at a STEM-heavy organization like Riddle, either.

However, in today's day and age...ask me if I'm surprised.
View Quote

What else is there to talk about?        I enjoy Investing/Economics talk, but inevitably, that drifts into the Political.          You can have some good conversations when you’re parked next to an intelligent, interesting person, for days at a time.  You Do have to be careful that you aren’t accidentally speaking with an idiot, though.

One used to be able to safely assume everyone was pretty much on the same page, but now you have to be careful not to offend the snowflakes.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 1:01:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
During my time at Riddle, I found the school to be fairly free from political indoctrination (and many of the professors were conservative leaning).  Apparently that is no longer the case.  While driving by their Prescott campus this morning, I noticed their electronic marquee sign is advertising that they are hosting a drag show.  

In this day and age, the only reason to host such an event is to signal political leanings.  I’m disappointed in the school, and the fact that they no longer care about their reputation.  I will be sending a scathing letter to their alumni relations board, and encourage any other alumni to do the same.
View Quote

not an alumni but just from what I see in the airline industry, I would fully expect the majors are putting pressure on the Aviation schools to kick the DE&I stuff into full gear so they have the pipe line to hit their, IMO unrealistic, goals.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Every controller that I've met that went to Embry-Riddle for CTI aren't that great at ATC.  I had a supe once who went there and she was a great person but I don't know how good of a controller she was because they basically get a paper checkout and never work traffic.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Every controller that I've met that went to Embry-Riddle for CTI aren't that great at ATC.  I had a supe once who went there and she was a great person but I don't know how good of a controller she was because they basically get a paper checkout and never work traffic.
View Quote
I know a couple controllers who went to ERAU for CTI, and both washed out from DAB. There's no real advantage for CTI programs no matter how expensive/renowned the school is.
I'm curious how their flight school is compared to all the rest in FL who have lots of Chinese students.
@FaygoJoe
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#34]
ER has been sending my son the yellow envelopes for a couple years.

I hear UA had a pilot program…. Which is better?

embry riddled or U of A?

10 year commission has faded his USAF grandpa’s footsteps.  ( I guess that’s the investment + active duty time / commercial carrier ship jump time USAF adjustment) zero sum gubmint investment!  
P
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
ER has been sending my son the yellow envelopes for a couple years.

I hear UA had a pilot program . Which is better?

embry riddled or U of A?

10 year commission has faded his USAF grandpa's footsteps.  ( I guess that's the investment + active duty time / commercial carrier ship jump time USAF adjustment) zero sum gubmint investment!  
P
View Quote
I don't know much about the flight program. My son is an engineering student. [Cough] Dean's list and straight A's second semester [\cough]

His roommates are pilots. They bitch about the flight program BUT one is too busy smoking pot, screwing chicks, and blowing dad's money at Snowbowl every weekend (God bless him). One can't seem to get out of bed early enough in the afternoon to make it to class. The other is an average freshman of little motivation who does okay in his classes. I don't think any of them will be back next semester.

The okay student's biggest complaint is not enough flight time. His dad is a pilot and he had hours before he started. He will show up at his scheduled time and the instructor will say that the weather is no good or that they overbooked the planes. They are willing to do "ground work" for the same cost of flight time. Early in the first semester, when they would go up, the instructor was hesitant to relinquish the stick.

This is hearsay from a first year student so take it with a grain of salt. I figure they prioritize the second year students. They see a lot of dropouts the first year. There are a lot of wealthy kids that aren't used to taking care of themselves.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I know a couple controllers who went to ERAU for CTI, and both washed out from DAB. There's no real advantage for CTI programs no matter how expensive/renowned the school is.
I'm curious how their flight school is compared to all the rest in FL who have lots of Chinese students.
@FaygoJoe
View Quote

Hey now, those two don’t count haha
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hillsdale College
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They are a religious school. It says so right on their website: "Hillsdale College is a small, Christian, classical liberal arts college in southern Michigan".
View Quote

they were founded as a religious school they ARE a secular school.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#39]
I’ve never had any problems with ERAU pilots and they are usually pretty good except they love to touch the screens and leave fingerprints.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top