Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2022 10:56:44 PM EDT
I was excited when Subnet showed me that there was a book topic here. But disappointed when I figured out it’s basically a dead topic.
So I wanted to start something to try and bring it back to life. Lol
I also would like to find beta or ARC readers when I eventually finish writing my book.

So anyone read spicy books aka romance? Who are your favorite authors? Favorite genre?

I usually read indie authors. Some of my favorite authors are:
Charlie Nottingham
Michelle Dare
Quell T. Fox
Leeah Taylor
J.M. Walker
Alex Grayson
Michelle A. Valentine
Candace Wondrak
Kerri Ann
Yasmine Galenorn
L. Ann

My favorite genres are:
Paranormal
Dark
Rockstar

So what’s yours?

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be very surprised if the demographics on this site match your reading genre.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:10:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve read mostly Lee Child (Jack Reacher) and Stephen Hunter books (Bob Lee Swagger). It’s been about 10 years since I read those, but they were entertaining. Not real spicy, but had some.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:44:39 AM EDT
[#3]
In our house we call those "Thrust Novels" and I always chuckle at the Fabio Guys on the covers.

This is more of a Chilton's Manual Crowd here at Arfcom but hopefully you will find a few closet romantics in the bunch.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Reload_em:
In our house we call those "Thrust Novels" and I always chuckle at the Fabio Guys on the covers.

This is more of a Chilton's Manual Crowd here at Arfcom but hopefully you will find a few closet romantics in the bunch.
View Quote

I Love a good Chilton's!  I have lots of them.  Toyotas, Fords Chevys Dodge and some Hondas
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:55:28 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife used to read janet evonovich all the time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:59:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan] [#6]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#7]
RIP to your DMs.

I’m not so sure this is the right demographic for spicy romance readers.

I like to read and am usually reading 2-3 books plus audio while driving but last time I read something “spicy” I was in junior high and it was my moms Jackie Collins novels and I was just skipping around for “research” purposes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I read books with it in there,   might have a couple I got for free.  Don't make it a habit to read romance only.

I have a few I also got on the dreame app.    Though they are pretty militant about discussions over there.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#9]
So one time my wife asked me to pick her out a silly romance novel from the library.  I had been telling her about how goofy the cover art was.  Basically just some dude with abs and no shirt on, but with varying themes to suit whatever the reader is into.  
Cowboy abs, Native American abs, medieval knight abs, soldier abs, jacked black dude abs, pirate abs, and occasionally just an extreme close up of abs with no real context.  
So I grabbed some random book with medieval knight abs.  Something about “the lord of the fading lands”.  She said it was the greatest book she had ever read and she devoured the whole series.  I just looked it up and the author is C.L. Wilson.  I guess they’re pretty great books?
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:51:52 AM EDT
[#10]
@RavenAnnJade

I enjoy tons of different literature but have had trouble finding mainstream published works of erotic fiction which appeal to me. Most tend to be either too tame or too bizarre and niche. I’ve had better luck looking on places like literotica for some of their most highly reviewed contributors. I’m not a female reader, but I enjoy a well written story and well written erotica. Sadly, the genre seems to be underrepresented.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:37:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Joey reads Rachel's dirty book.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#12]
While not strictly romance, I wrote two books that could lightly fall into the guilty pleasure category. May be worth the read for the women in your lives or any dude that doesn't mind seeing a decent "chick flick" with your significant other once in a while.

Amazon author page
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I like Michael Scott-Earle.
Most of his books are fantasy or science fiction.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not sure these will fill the need for "spicy" but the author plainly states that he's NOT a nice man, and the books have passages that are rather rough in a spicy way.  
Fair warning these passages are unexpected and not what you might think as belonging in a Sci-Fi series.

The books are a series by John Ringo.  The spicy parts are mostly in the middle books.
The synopsis is too long to post, but a retired Navy SEAL in Eastern Europe becomes the Lord of a isolated valley of warrior people.
The books are the Kildar series, also known on Amazon as The Paladin of Shadows.  Also available from Baen.
"Ghost"
"Kildar".
"Choosers of the Slain".
"Unto the Breech".
"Deeper Blue".
"Tiger By the Tail"
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top