Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2018 10:12:44 PM EDT
The money sounds amazing, but how is the actual job?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Just pay my way to be in the Czech Republic.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 3:14:57 AM EDT
[#2]
When I worked with a Big contractor the medics were basically doing sick call duties. They were also administering breathalyzer and drug tests. If personnel required shots or profilaxis they would perform this too. When the job accident occurs they are there to provide treatment. They would also keep up on personnel medical files as well.

Before the contractor could get care at the .mil hospital, now unless they have tricare they do not get treatment unless life or death and on a rembursable basis. So contractors must get care on the economy. The med staff would find and vet Treatment centers and dental care for KBR personnel.

Granted Big Contractor also had firefighters too who worked the flighline and other assigned areas on camp. Not sure on the medics though.

As far as medics going out and being in combat I do not think that happens unless you are in an area that is actively taking direct or indirect fire, say like in camp when rockets of mortar start falling. Then I am sure that it would be a lifesaving thing and the .mil would take over ASAP.

That is my limited experience. Smaller contractors are on their own. Sometimes being with a small contractor is good as you are autonomous and do not get bound in company policy, sometimes it sucks because you are on your own. The larger contractor can help to a small extent but only so far.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#3]
We had issues with contractors thinking they could use our BAS.

So, basically,  I didn't care that they were Tricare for Life or VA.  Overseas, they have contractual obligations to use a designated health care facility for their needs.  So, even though we were next door, we turned them away (and they were pissed).

Rare exceptions were made for acute cases, like active chest pain.  Then we stabilized and transferred.

Civilian contractor medics functioned much like the posy above, IME.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top