Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2021 11:44:48 PM EDT
Would prefer west area. Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:38:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Not certain about those states but most agencies in the US are hiring now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:00:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I know mine in WA is.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Tons of places are hiring.  Go to police1.com & click the career tab & you can select which state you want to check.  It won't list every department that's hiring but it gives you a start.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks boys.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#5]
fire or law?

Spokane fire should be opening up a bunch of spots soon considering what their overtime costs are lately. Check public safety site for one or two in Kennewick and somewhere in north idaho
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 1:06:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Las Vegas

Little further south than what you’re looking but the pay is decent.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw a fucking BILLBOARD saying the FBI is looking for special agents.

Does that say anything?

Saw it about 10 days ago.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Interested in Minnesota?

I hear Minneapolis might be looking
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know about further west, but here in my part of Ohio, people aren't even applying. As an example, we got a new Sheriff at the first of the year. He poached several from surrounding PDs to go work for the Sheriff's Department, including 1 from us. The closest PD that he poached from just gave a civil service test. They are going to hire 5 full timers. Their pay and typical work hours are the best in the County. They only had 6 apply. My PD just gave a test in the fall, we were going to hire 2. We only had 4 apply, then 1 quit a month after being hired. Most of the applicants, both at my PD and elsewhere, either don't have the required qualifications or are losers that have been fired/asked to resign from other PDs that we wouldn't have hired anyway. No one decent is applying at all. My PD has numerous part time positions available, no one is even applying for those at all. Law Enforcement is in a bad way right now for applicants, and I can't imagine that it is much better elsewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top