Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2019 11:00:52 AM EDT
My wife just got a job in Wilmington and will be moving down in January, with me to follow as soon as I can find either local or location independent employment. If it turns out to be a while before I can come down I plan to visit a lot. My schedule gives me most weekdays off.

It looks like there are three Blue lodges in Wilmington, if I'm reading that correctly. I plan to visit all three, hopefully a few times each, before choosing one to join.

I'm currently a Master Mason here in Michigan, and will probably keep my dues paid up here too if that's allowed both places.

If you're in Wilmington, I'd appreciate hearing from you either here or by PM with a little about your lodge and what you like/don't like about it. This is a big decision and I want to make it with as much information as possible.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 7:13:48 AM EDT
[#1]
We have members in that general area one of those for sure belongs to a lodge about 40 miles north of there I'm sure would be happy to provide you with some information.

So basically this is a tag to remind me to contact him
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have members in that general area one of those for sure belongs to a lodge about 40 miles north of there I'm sure would be happy to provide you with some information.

So basically this is a tag to remind me to contact him
View Quote
Appreciate it, brother.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#3]
@MikeSH

Can you provide this Brother with any info about lodges in Wilmington?
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#4]
My apologies Brethren I just saw this.

I’m a member & Tyler of Stump Sound Lodge #733 in Sneads Ferry, NC. I’ve not been to any of the Lodges in Wilmington I’m sorry to say. Actually I’ve only been to one other NC Lodge.

So I don’t know anything about Wilmington Lodges, sorry.

I’ll say this, Wilmington isn’t my favorite place. The traffic is horrible. There is currently a FB meme showing the gridlock in Wilmington. Wilmington only an hour away from Wilmington. Unfortunately true.

I’d be happy to join you in visiting a couple of the Lodges down there. Also my Lodge meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. Dinner and social at 6:30 PM

Email me at [email protected], but I don’t check it but a couple times a day.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My apologies Brethren I just saw this.

I’m a member & Tyler of Stump Sound Lodge #733 in Sneads Ferry, NC. I’ve not been to any of the Lodges in Wilmington I’m sorry to say. Actually I’ve only been to one other NC Lodge.

So I don’t know anything about Wilmington Lodges, sorry.

I’ll say this, Wilmington isn’t my favorite place. The traffic is horrible. There is currently a FB meme showing the gridlock in Wilmington. Wilmington only an hour away from Wilmington. Unfortunately true.

I’d be happy to join you in visiting a couple of the Lodges down there. Also my Lodge meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. Dinner and social at 6:30 PM

Email me at [email protected], but I don’t check it but a couple times a day.
View Quote
Thanks brother. It will be a couple/few months before I am down there, but I'll get with you.

I have no choice on the Wilmington part. Wife inherited a beautiful house and just got a really good job there. So I'm going.

I realize it's the one place in NC without a great economy and with a high cost of living. Story of my life.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I know one or two from the New Bern lodges and I’ve heard they’re active. I’m all the way on the other end of the state @#118
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to start visiting soon, I hope, and move down there sometime this year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top