User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Butternut:
Also, I got one of goofy feelings that we all love to make fun of each other over - I swear it seemed to really rev quicker after this last service. This was the first time they changed the engine air filter. The car's only got like 3Kish miles on it, and it was just a new MOPAR they put it. But you know how the ole seat of the pants mysticism can set it - I swear it felt like that new air filter did her good.

Man I'd love to hear how it goes if you mod the exhaust. If ya got a YT channel, please do tell and I'll follow.
View Quote

I would tend to believe it, getting more air in is important.  Even though they dont add as much as they do in other cars, I still want an intake.

I'll share here if I do anything.  This is as social media as I get lol.

I have options since I'm in NC.  Both Petty's Garage and National Speed are near-ish, as well as a bunch of other local shops.  National Speed also has a spot up in Richmond.

I got a couple quotes and I'd be looking at about 4k all in for headers, intake, pcm work/tune, dyno, labor.  Those additions would probably put ~470 to the wheels peak but the big gains for these 392s seem to be in the mid-range with gains ~50hp at just over 4k rpm where these cars dip on the dynos.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Lucky. Now I'm picky and OCD, and all I really know about Petty's is I got and loved their paint matched strut brace for our Charger - and from what I've seen on their site, and some shop pics someone here posted a while back. But my gut tells me I'd totally trust that organization with my baby.
View Quote

I'm the same way, it's hard to know who to trust.  I see the videos Petty's puts out and they seem like pros but then they get very few reviews online and a couple aren't good.  I like National Speeds videos on YT.  They seem pretty transparent about what they can do and their shop appears to be clean and professional looking.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

I'm the same way, it's hard to know who to trust.  I see the videos Petty's puts out and they seem like pros but then they get very few reviews online and a couple aren't good.  I like National Speeds videos on YT.  They seem pretty transparent about what they can do and their shop appears to be clean and professional looking.
View Quote

I wish National speed was closer to me
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:
So started the day finally ready to buy a Scat. Dealer with car I am interested in was playing games.

Went and looked at Mustangs. Base model mustang seats suck!

Tried the Recaro in a Mach 1, and much better.

Found a 21,  with 3k miles, and damn near brought it home. This was auction car, and appears to be owned by the dealership for several months now... Listed for 53k. Dealer played the usual games, then the manager came out and said are you sure we can't get a deal done. He asked if I would buy it for $45k. I think he was playing BS to try to get me to stay, so I said I'm gonna jet.  I could get a brand new one with zero miles, for 53k.

I looked at another Mach, and was running the car fax. I see original buyer, then an online listing/auto auction. Car dealer inventory, 2 months later another dealer. Then an auction, and the dealer it currently is at. Curious why it would be changing hands so much... Thoughts?
View Quote

Just buy new - then you get a full warranty.

Used cars from a dealer are not a good deal, and any savings is partially offset by a higher interest rate.

The dealer is anxious to sell that car because of their floor plan - it is costing them interest to keep it on the lot.

I would also be wary of an auction car - why did it go to auction?
What kind of hidden problems might it have?  

And why has it been on the lot for months?
It's not a good deal.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By tcmass:

I wish National speed was closer to me
View Quote

could take a mini-vacation and have work done while you see the town.  its what ill probably do since theyre still a few hours from me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Starts at the top of the hour.

2023 Dodge Last Call Powered by Roadkill Nights Vegas | LIVESTREAM REPLAY

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JuanPing:
Starts at the top of the hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abJ-CkuoxKA
View Quote

Interviewing a bunch of people nobody cares about instead of getting to it...
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I wanted them to come out with a 426 NA in that 600HP range right between the 392 and Hellcat. Would have traded my Scat immediately.  Never happened and now it never will.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#11]
New Demon

Runs on E-85
1025HP
975TQ
Banned by NHRA again

Carbon fiber & titanium wheels lighter than race wheels, no need for front skinnies now.

And nobody will be able to get one...
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:
New Demon

Runs on E-85
1025HP
975TQ
Banned by NHRA again

Carbon fiber & titanium wheels lighter than race wheels, no need for front skinnies now.

And nobody will be able to get one...
View Quote

Oh people will get them just not us regular folks
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Swoosh101:

Oh people will get them just not us regular folks
View Quote

Current Demon owners have first right of refusal - can get the new one vin matched to their 2018.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#14]
$97k?

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

With a $500K to $1M dealer markup...
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#16]
$96,666 to be exact.

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#17]
That was an amazing debut.

3300 being produced, 300 of those for Canada.

I seriously would try to get one for MSRP, but we know that is impossible. So Ill just live with Hellcat.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CFII:
That was an amazing debut.

3300 being produced, 300 of those for Canada.

I seriously would try to get one for MSRP, but we know that is impossible. So Ill just live with Hellcat.
View Quote

Probably close to 3,000 used Demons about to hit the market in a few months...
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:01:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#19]
thread in GD about it.  you can get a fucking factory parachute for it lol.  Optional wheels in the video cost $11.5k.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Dodge-resurrects-Challenger-SRT-Demon/5-2632009/

REVEALED! The 2023 Challenger SRT Demon 170 Ends Dodge's Era of Excess with 1025-HP V8
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:
I feel like I might go on a stabbing spree one day.

Went to GF's cousins house yesterday we're looking at eachothers cars, notice him leaning on my door and wince. Today at work someone leaving on the mirror.

Today I notice it looks like some asshole sat on my hood. Because I have no clue how else these scratches would appear

What the fuck is wrong with people.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/477522/20230321_170519-2754635.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/477522/20230321_170532-2754637.jpg

View Quote

its fucking mind boggling what people do.  I cant even count the number of times I've walked out of a store to find some asshole parked driver door to driver door right next to my car which is parked out in the middle of nowhere.  I have a scratch on my passenger pillar.  How the FUCK does that part of a car get scratched!?  Was probably my wife, the same person that will leave greasy finger prints all over the door when she opens and closes it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I just had a funny outing, felt like sharing.  Challengers are very popular in my area.  I mean REALLY popular.  I see them every minute or two when I'm on the road, all ranges of trim levels and years.  Always someone to chat with at the grocery store with one.  Tons of Mustangs and Camaros also.

Anyway, i just ran to the postal annex to ship the Scat Pack coolant cover to icecold1.  I see three challengers on my way.  While I'm there I see they have the pony car stamps for sale so I buy them.  Then I walk outside and see the General Lee theme (no flag on this one)  Then I get in mine to leave and I see a widebody (not sure if HC or SP) same color as mine, hellraisn.  He was cruising with another black standard body.  

First time I've seen another widebody in hellraisin in my AO.

I swear you can't go ten feet around here without seeing a challenger or charger.

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:22:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#25]
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#26]
People are or sure can be jealous assholes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I feel like I might go on a stabbing spree one day.

Went to GF's cousins house yesterday we're looking at eachothers cars, notice him leaning on my door and wince. Today at work someone leaving on the mirror.

Today I notice it looks like some asshole sat on my hood. Because I have no clue how else these scratches would appear

What the fuck is wrong with people.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/477522/20230321_170519-2754635.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/477522/20230321_170532-2754637.jpg

People are or sure can be jealous assholes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO48Vr4KIc8

FUCKIN A RIGHT.  It's against the rules.  It's a bitch move.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#27]
The WB SC I was looking at sold a while back. Been keeping an eye on a couple of Mach 1 mustangs, and Challengers.  

Not much out there right now for challengers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:10:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shocktrp] [#28]
The WB SC I was looking at sold a while back. Been keeping an eye on a couple of Mach 1 mustangs, and Challengers.  

View Quote

You can still do factory orders if you can't find what you want on the lot.
Dealers are getting more allotments.

https://www.dodgegarage.com/horsepower-locator
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

vehicle delivery is so cheap these days, I'd say looking nationwide is doable as long as you're getting the deal you want from a known seller.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks fellas!  I joined the club on Friday.  A scat Charger, still playing nice with it during breakin.  Definitely tell there is a lot there waiting to be unleashed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Trouble_shooting:
Thanks fellas!  I joined the club on Friday.  A scat Charger, still playing nice with it during breakin.  Definitely tell there is a lot there waiting to be unleashed.
View Quote
Awesome! Congratulations! Post pics when you get an opportunity.

The first 500 miles of break-in are tough, but the first 100 miles of break-in are almost cruel. I related the story here before, but it's worth repeating. I picked up my Challenger Scat Pack Widebody from a dealer in Connecticut and had to drive it back to Long Island. The car only had 5 miles on the odometer when I drove it home. Of course, because of the OEM recommended break-in procedure for the 392 (6.4L) engine, I had to keep it at 55 MPH for the first 100 miles.

You should have seen the sometimes nasty/mostly befuddled looks I was getting as I was poking down I-91/I-95 at 55 MPH to the get the beast to the ferry at Bridgeport, CT, before heading across Long Island Sound to bring her home to Long Island.

If not already, you will soon find out these are incredibly fun cars to drive, the last of the breed. You will also get to know which gas stations have the best price on Premium Unleaded, as well as how to hunt down the best prices on SRT oil filters (Mopar OEM No. 5038041AA, aka MO-041), and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 0W-40 (aka, PUP 0W-40).

Again, congratulations!
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Zak-Smith:
They didn’t tell me the break in limits before my test drive

View Quote

Doesn't matter, the cars are test driven, & driven by the delivery drivers that don't care about break in.

And they market these cars as going straight from the showroom to the drag strip.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 10:25:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zak-Smith] [#34]
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 4:50:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TLWrench:

The first 500 miles of break-in are tough, but the first 100 miles of break-in are almost cruel. I related the story here before, but it's worth repeating. I picked up my Challenger Scat Pack Widebody from a dealer in Connecticut and had to drive it back to Long Island. The car only had 5 miles on the odometer when I drove it home. Of course, because of the OEM recommended break-in procedure for the 392 (6.4L) engine, I had to keep it at 55 MPH for the first 100 miles.
You should have seen the sometimes nasty/mostly befuddled looks I was getting as I was poking down I-91/I-95 at 55 MPH to the get the beast to the ferry at Bridgeport, CT, before heading across Long Island Sound to bring her home to Long Island.

If not already, you will soon find out these are incredibly fun cars to drive, the last of the breed. You will also get to know which gas stations have the best price on Premium Unleaded, as well as how to hunt down the best prices on SRT oil filters (Mopar OEM No. 5038041AA, aka MO-041), and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 0W-40 (aka, PUP 0W-40).

Again, congratulations!
View Quote

Thanks for the info and the story!  That had to be a sight to see!
Glad you mentioned the oil filter, I am getting conflicting information on which one.

I see MO-041 and MO-899, which one is preferred?
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#36]

Glad you mentioned the oil filter, I am getting conflicting information on which one.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Again, congratulations!

MO-899 is the OEM filter from the factory. It's fine. The MO-041 is a better built, higher performance filter. But, given normal operation, there's probably little appreciable difference between the two. I'd describe it as nice to have.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

The SRT filters are apparently back-ordered so you should order a case or two now; or grab them when you can find them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#38]

The SRT filters are apparently back-ordered so you should order a case or two now; or grab them when you can find them.
View Quote

Amazon has them in stock, but 19 bucks each....

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Mopar-5038041AA-FILTER/dp/B006T08WXM
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

Amazon has them in stock, but 19 bucks each....

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Mopar-5038041AA-FILTER/dp/B006T08WXM
View Quote

I think I paid $9/each back in 2021.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#40]

I think I paid $9/each back in 2021.
View Quote

12 the last time I bought them in 2020. Either way, price is way too high.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#41]
MO-899 is the OEM filter from the factory. It's fine. The MO-041 is a better built, higher performance filter. But, given normal operation, there's probably little appreciable difference between the two. I'd describe it as nice to have.
View Quote

Makes sense, thanks for the details
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Thank you for the heads up, I am starting to shop for them now
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 10:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#45]
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Zak-Smith:
Does that have a market adjustment or is it just options?

I got mine for normal sticker about 6 weeks ago
View Quote

https://www.fairoaksmotors.com/api/legacy/pse/windowsticker/dodge?vin=2C3CDZFJXPH546059&accountId=fairoakschryslerjeepcllc

MSRP is $69K, they added a $10K market.
That dealer should be blackballed until they are out of business - plenty of other dealers will sell at MSRP or less.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I hit nearly 17mpg in the Redeye yesterday.
View Quote

I get routinely over 20 in my Hellcat Challenger
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top