Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2020 9:54:39 PM EDT
Just picked one up with the 12-40 2.8 The IS is AMAZING in low light.  I'm still learning the menu system and need to figure our hot to activate the star AF mode?

I've shot Olympus since 2004 and love the small form factor and weatherproofing.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot the org EM-1. Had it about a year now, still learning the menus.
I still shoot Nikon D7000 as well, but grab the Oly 95% of the time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#2]
ME ME ME

I had the original E-M5 shortly after they came out. The 12-40 f/2.8 is THE fucking lens to have. I got mine in 2013 I think and it is my favorite lens overall.

I had the E-M5 MkII and now have the MkIII. I really dig the size, and I don't really care that the body is made with polycarbonate. Recently I got a 17 f/1.8 and a 12 f/2, although the latter's MF clutch ring is busted. The eBay seller refunded me a bit for that. Other than that it's in perfect shape.

I'm a LITTLE bummed that the 5MkIII came out in late November, and the E-M1MkIII came out just 2 months later... but the 5 didn't get the new processor or a USB C port. I really would have loved it if Olympus put the new processor in the 5MkIII then 'detuned' it a little bit. I'd really like having a USB C port... since ALL THE THINGS SHOULD BE USB C NOW.

But yeah, the 1mkIII is a damn nice looking camera. If I had any pro leanings in me, I'd want to get one. The 5MkIII does everything I want, though.

My favorite lens is the 12-40 f/2.8. I've got one of the cheap plasticky 40-150 f/4-5.6 and it is way better than it should be for $105 that I paid for it years ago. I've also got a 14-42 f/3.5-5.6 EZ that is also way better than it should be. I use the latter for 'compact mode'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top