Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2022 3:14:32 PM EDT
Finished the terminal list the other day, just in time for the Amazon series.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm just starting his last book that came out and have heard a few of his podcasts.

I like him but I'm sure there is some reason for some people to not
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have all of his books and like them,that said the last book was my least favorite
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

I met him in Vegas. Is as good an orator as an author. Very nice and humble.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad there is some good feedback. No one is perfect, but he kept me flipping the pages. The short chapters made me look forward several times and think “ah hell I can read another 3 pages before I go to sleep..” 40 pages later.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
In the last chapters of Terminal List now.   Very engaging story.  I never felt it got off track and kept the plotline moving.   Couple serious plot twist moment that I didn't see coming.

Eager to see the Prime Video adaptation!
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I listened to all his books. Good stuff. Im excited for the Amazon series.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Read Terminal List, liked it well enough. I've been meaning to get the next one, it's high on my list.

I also follow him on social media, he comes across as a very intelligent and capable patriot.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I read all of his books.  I even have some that are signed by him.  I really enjoyed all of them but the latest one was my least favorite so far.  It was still good but not quite as good as the first ones in the series.  I think it does do a good job of thinking about the future of technology and how it's used for good or bad.

His podcast is also really good.  He does a good job of letting the guest tell their story and take things in the direction they want to go.  I don't listen to every one but will when the guest looks interesting.  His posts on Instagram are also really good.  He posts a lot of history stuff that's neat to read about.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:25:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Great books
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Saw the show, loved it. Just ordered The Terminal List book. Looking forward to reading it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:48:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Loved the series. Listened to them all one right after the other. Savage Son is my favorite.

Now I’m on book 9 of the Gray Man series. Need a recommendation for a new series after I finish.

I’ve read all the Vince Flynn. Anything similar for recommendations like these mentioned?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#12]
They're good but not much other than literary fast food.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:37:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charlie_Bronson] [#13]
I watched the show first- which I really enjoyed. Now I wish I'd read the books first. Gotta read 'em now though...after I finish Chaos and Heat 2.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RustyKnifeUSMC:
Loved the series. Listened to them all one right after the other. Savage Son is my favorite.

Now I'm on book 9 of the Gray Man series. Need a recommendation for a new series after I finish.

I've read all the Vince Flynn. Anything similar for recommendations like these mentioned?
View Quote
What about the Reacher books?
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Charlie_Bronson:
I watched the show first- which I really enjoyed. Now I wish I'd read the books first. Gotta read 'em now though...after I finish Chaos and Heat 2.
View Quote

Heat 2 was fantastic especially if you were a fan of the movie.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Now I’m on book 9 of the Gray Man series. Need a recommendation for a new series after I finish.

I’ve read all the Vince Flynn. Anything similar for recommendations like these mentioned?
View Quote

@RustyKnifeUSMC

The ORPHAN X series was phenomenal. I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:

@RustyKnifeUSMC

The ORPHAN X series was phenomenal. I highly recommend it.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I like Jack carr. It seems like he's gotten a lot better.  I wonder if he has a ghost writer, or if he's getting a lot of coaching. There was a huge difference between book 1 and 2.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I enjoy the novels, but I sometimes find the detail to be a little excessive.

That being said, there is nothing I like better than sitting down in my brown La-z-Boy Gibson rocker-recliner under my gray Pendleton Yakima Camp Blanket to read my latest Jack Carr novel by Emily Bestler Publishing. I usually make up some Ghirardelli Double Chocolate hot chocolate to sip out of my green Longaberger Woven Traditions mug while I read it. I load up my Pacific Energy Summit woodstove with several 3-year-old 16-inch splits of red oak. I fondly remember cutting that firewood with my Echo CS590 chainsaw and splitting it with my Fiskars X27 Super Splitter Axe, and just soak up the warmth while reading my novel by the light coming through my Andersen 400-series picture window. Occasionally I will also have a snack, such as some Orville Redenbecher Movie Theater Butter Classic Gourmet Popping Corn, which I eat out of a Corelle Ware Country Cottage bowl. It’s one of my favorite things to do.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

That being said, there is nothing I like better than sitting down in my brown La-z-Boy Gibson rocker-recliner under my gray Pendleton Yakima Camp Blanket to read my latest Jack Carr novel by Emily Bestler Publishing. I usually make up some Ghirardelli Double Chocolate hot chocolate to sip out of my green Longaberger Woven Traditions mug while I read it. I load up my Pacific Energy Summit woodstove with several 3-year-old 16-inch splits of red oak. I fondly remember cutting that firewood with my Echo CS590 chainsaw and splitting it with my Fiskars X27 Super Splitter Axe, and just soak up the warmth while reading my novel by the light coming through my Andersen 400-series picture window. Occasionally I will also have a snack, such as some Orville Redenbecher Movie Theater Butter Classic Gourmet Popping Corn, which I eat out of a Corelle Ware Country Cottage bowl. It's one of my favorite things to do.
View Quote
Well done, Sir, very well done!
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#21]

That being said, there is nothing I like better than sitting down in my brown La-z-Boy Gibson rocker-recliner under my gray Pendleton Yakima Camp Blanket to read my latest Jack Carr novel by Emily Bestler Publishing. I usually make up some Ghirardelli Double Chocolate hot chocolate to sip out of my green Longaberger Woven Traditions mug while I read it. I load up my Pacific Energy Summit woodstove with several 3-year-old 16-inch splits of red oak. I fondly remember cutting that firewood with my Echo CS590 chainsaw and splitting it with my Fiskars X27 Super Splitter Axe, and just soak up the warmth while reading my novel by the light coming through my Andersen 400-series picture window. Occasionally I will also have a snack, such as some Orville Redenbecher Movie Theater Butter Classic Gourmet Popping Corn, which I eat out of a Corelle Ware Country Cottage bowl. It’s one of my favorite things to do.
View Quote

He’s admitted to being a gear nerd and also thinks it is part of a character’s story - do you develop a thought about a person when they show up to the range with Aero Precision AR versus a Knight’s AR?
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Jerry Ahern would be proud of that paragraph.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes!

Already read Terminal List & True Believer. Now I'm a quarter way through Savage Son. Really into them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Yep, really enjoying his stuff. I'm a big fan of the Scot Harvath series by Brad Thor and decided to give Carr a shot when I heard about the Amazon series. I'm on book 4, The Devil's Hand, now. Listened to the first two on audible and pick up hard copies of 3 and 4. Will probably get the rest on audible too, just to have, along with hard copies of them all. The narration for these and for Thor's books are great.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:16:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Surf] [#27]
Can’t wait!  Preamble only.

First Look: ‘Only the Dead’ - Danger Close with Jack Carr
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I am a fan! Read all his Terminal List series a while back, kind of disappointed  in the Amazon series- didn't  really follow the first book to well but if you`ve never read the books it would probably be OK. Why have the character  of Katy Buranek who is of eastern European  decent  in the book  be Chinese in the Amazon series???? Why does everything have to cater to certain "things" if you follow my drift-----
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#29]

That being said, there is nothing I like better than sitting down in my brown La-z-Boy Gibson rocker-recliner under my gray Pendleton Yakima Camp Blanket to read my latest Jack Carr novel by Emily Bestler Publishing. I usually make up some Ghirardelli Double Chocolate hot chocolate to sip out of my green Longaberger Woven Traditions mug while I read it. I load up my Pacific Energy Summit woodstove with several 3-year-old 16-inch splits of red oak. I fondly remember cutting that firewood with my Echo CS590 chainsaw and splitting it with my Fiskars X27 Super Splitter Axe, and just soak up the warmth while reading my novel by the light coming through my Andersen 400-series picture window. Occasionally I will also have a snack, such as some Orville Redenbecher Movie Theater Butter Classic Gourmet Popping Corn, which I eat out of a Corelle Ware Country Cottage bowl. It's one of my favorite things to do.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#31]
For being a bdbt super operator with hundreds of better books under his belt (allegedly), his books are dry as fuck. I wish they came with Frog Lube to make the experience smoother.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 12:31:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Im also a fan.read all the books .Really like James Reece.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#33]
This last book in the series hits a little close to home, doesn't it?
If so, try the latest Mitch Rapp book: Oath of Loyalty
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Ever read any Craig Johnson books? Longmire series is pretty good, also on Netflix
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Matthew Bracken
Brad Thor (Who helped Jack Carr get his start.)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Surf:

Matthew Bracken
Brad Thor (Who helped Jack Carr get his start.)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64530/IMG_4014_jpeg-3089526.JPG
View Quote

@Surf where did you get that car art piece?  I need one, but of a Corvette.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:25:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#37]
Originally Posted By phil3333:
I have all of his books and like them,that said the last book was my least favorite
View Quote
you could have just read online news stories, or peruse GD  
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:31:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#38]

Now I'm on book 9 of the Gray Man series. Need a recommendation for a new series after I finish.

I've read all the Vince Flynn. Anything similar for recommendations like these mentioned?
View Quote
It's not "similar" but Harry Bosch detective series is fantastic.  Connelly kept the series going forever, and the last ones aren't as good as the early ones, but there are about 20 books in the series now. The first 10-ish are fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:36:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Just an FYI, and this is public information available in multiple articles so I'm not outing him or anything, the SEAL who has the YouTube channel and co-wrote the books is George Peterson.
He co-wrote the first three (? I think) with attorney and government relations expert Keith Wood.  I believe he has a different co-writer now.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top