Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2021 9:48:37 AM EDT
I haven’t been on a plane since the virus hit so please forgive my ignorance.
If one were to fly first class with a carry on pet, can the pet carrier sit on your lap during the flight?

Thx in advance
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, when I flew Delta First Class about a month ago, they were only using 50% of the seats, so if that's still the case you'll have an empty seat next to you.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Wife is a Delta flight attendant.  I believe she said that pets have to be in a carrier under the seat in front of you during take-off and landing but can come out of the carrier during flight.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wife is a Delta flight attendant.  I believe she said that pets have to be in a carrier under the seat in front of you during take-off and landing but can come out of the carrier during flight.
View Quote
Like the "emotional support" pig did?

Linky

ETA: I hope that post isn't out of order here. I can't imagine being on that cabin crew.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude, do you seriously think you have to ask a Delta crew member to get answer to this question?

https://www.google.com/search?q=delta+air+lines+pet+policy
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dude, do you seriously think you have to ask a Delta crew member to get answer to this question?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"Dude", yes.  One thing I've learned in 51 years is that published policies often differ from in practice policies, ergo my question here.

From one of your links (which I read before posting this thread BTW)

Originally Posted By Delta Airlines:
Your pet must remain inside the kennel (with door secured) while in a Delta boarding area (during boarding and deplaning), a Delta airport lounge and while onboard the aircraft

Yet, as evidenced in this thread, someone whose wife is a Flight Attendant on Delta says that the pet may actually come out of the kennel in flight.

Thanks, however, for your constructive input.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#6]
What kind of "pet" is OP talking about?

"Pet" is a bit vague.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What kind of "pet" is OP talking about?

"Pet" is a bit vague.
View Quote

Sorry, my bad for lack of clarity.

Shih Tzu

I promise not to bring any crawfish on the plane

Attachment Attached File

He’s a good flyer... if he’s not crammed under the seat.

I’m trying to make a decision on a trip.

Under seat?  He stays home.  I don’t like to annoy other people.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sorry, my bad for lack of clarity.

Shih Tzu

I promise not to bring any crawfish on the plane

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136311/116E1B2A-70E9-46B9-A3E4-3F6747C4694F_jpe-1849984.JPG

He's a good flyer... if he's not crammed under the seat.

I'm trying to make a decision on a trip.

Under seat?  He stays home.  I don't like to annoy other people.
View Quote
How long is the trip?

Sorry if I missed it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How long is the trip?

Sorry if I missed it.
View Quote

KVPS—->KATL

KATL—->KSAN
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"Dude", yes.  One thing I've learned in 51 years is that published policies often differ from in practice policies, ergo my question here.

From one of your links (which I read before posting this thread BTW)

Yet, as evidenced in this thread, someone whose wife is a Flight Attendant on Delta says that the pet may actually come out of the kennel in flight.

Thanks, however, for your constructive input.
View Quote

And she is wrong. You take your pet out at the sufferance of the crew you have. If that crew goes by the book then too bad, so sad.

So good luck, I wish you the trip you want to have. Maybe you'll get "someone's wife" as lead FA on that flight. Maybe not.

eta: I'm a million mile flyer on two airlines. I've seen your exact question go both ways, but mostly by the book.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#11]
That's why I'm driving down to Houston on Monday with my Jack. He'd be in a kennel all week by himself, and as much as I love him, he'd be a PITA on a plane.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And she is wrong. You take your pet out at the sufferance of the crew you have. If that crew goes by the book then too bad, so sad.

So good luck, I wish you the trip you want to have. Maybe you'll get "someone's wife" as lead FA on that flight. Maybe not.

eta: I'm a million mile flyer on two airlines. I've seen your exact question go both ways, but mostly by the book.
View Quote

Well, I did say "I believe" which means maybe....  She confirmed that taking the pet out is at the crew discretion but also said if your not a douche to her or other FA's she'll let you take it out of the carrier.  Chocolate gifts help your odds!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top