Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2023 12:24:21 PM EDT
When I do runs on my treadmill it's very easy to maintain pace, because I can set it on the treadmill.  

However, when I run outdoors it's much harder for me to maintain consistent pace.  Are there any Apps that can help track my speed/pace? Could I perhaps use any cadence device and app to tell me via my headphone to slow down or speed up to maintain a certain cadence that I want?  

As I move out of my indoor treadmill winter running to outdoor running I want to make sure I'm staying a good cadence throughout my run.  Thanks for any advice guys.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I use my Garmin watch to track it. It shows it real time (slight delay, maybe 2-3 second delay as you speed up or slow down) then saves it in the app.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Garmin forerunner that tracks my pace and distance using GPS.    It can display current speed, average pace, time, mileage, cadence, and a few other parameters that I forget.   I usually have it scroll through my heart rate, current pace, average pace for current mile, time, and distance.   It combines a few of these on the screen and I think it scrolls through 3 different screens.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
For a free app, you can use Strava on your phone
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Find a spotify playlist curated for your desired cadence. Tons of options.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find a spotify playlist curated for your desired cadence. Tons of options.
View Quote

cadence =/= pace
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top