Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2021 9:58:28 PM EDT
I'm trying to find a classic car to buy, but all the forums I know of are dead or close to it.

Any active forums for classic American cars I should visit? I'm not looking for MOPAR.

Mainly looking for a 67-70 Chevelle or 68-72 Cutlass or maybe other 60s muscle. No Mopar, no Mustangs, no Cougar....

I'm looking for a driver to do my resto mod project. The more already done that better, but not looking for an expensive show car/garage queen or something completely restored.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're talking about buying a classic car, check out www.bringatrailer.com .
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Hard to tell what "classic" means anymore , usually putting a year in helps, classic as in post ww2 to 1960?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hard to tell what "classic" means anymore , usually putting a year in helps, classic as in post ww2 to 1960?
View Quote

True.  I have  heard 1990s vehicles being referred to as "classic."
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

True.  I have  heard 1990s vehicles being referred to as "classic."
View Quote

It changes, my interpretation is that pre ww2 is vintage, 45 to 60 is classic, 60 plus gets you into muscle cars, then there's anything older than 20 years is an antique, it gets very confusing at times
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
It is confusing.  Especially once you start talking 1960s - Early 2000s cars that are not muscle cars.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Everybody has there own interpretation, should be by years of the era, i left out brass and turn of the century also
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Craigslist, E-Bay, or the Facebook groups for whatever brand/model you want to buy are going to be the best places to look.

what are you looking for?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Vintagemustang.com was one I use to visit all the time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you're talking about buying a classic car, check out www.bringatrailer.com .
View Quote

That's where all the overpriced stuff sells.

Mainly looking for a 67-70 Chevelle or 68-72 Cutlass or maybe other 60s muscle. No Mopar, no Mustangs, no Cougar....

I'm looking for a driver to do my resto mod project. The more already done that better, but not looking for an expensive show car/garage queen or something completely restored.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top