Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]
According to the other thread on this, it was only a little destroyed.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 8:27:37 AM EDT
[#3]
This is what happens if you're stupid enough to leave a one-of-a-kind aircraft in a war zone.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is what happens if you're stupid enough to leave a one-of-a-kind aircraft in a war zone.
View Quote
That plus it was a huge status symbol for Ukraine. Should have been flown to a different country.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That plus it was a huge status symbol for Ukraine. Should have been flown to a different country.
View Quote

Read somewhere it was down for maintenance.  May not have been flyable.  I could see that thing being a maintenance hog.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If this is it and not one of the blue/yellow AN-124s last seen in Ukraine, it's more than damaged.
https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status/1499348790033240065
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 5:52:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Its dead jim.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Just a flesh wound!
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:28:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Can't believe people are falling for this blatant Ukrainian propaganda
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn. I've seen airplanes get rebuilt around a data plate before, but I don't see that happening here.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Damn. I've seen airplanes get rebuilt around a data plate before, but I don't see that happening here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#13]
The Warbird people know a little about this. They are saying another 225 was partially built and if enough remains of the destroyed one they should be able to make 1 out of 2. It was supposedly down with an engine issue and couldn't be repaired and flown out in time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Read somewhere it was down for maintenance.  May not have been flyable.  I could see that thing being a maintenance hog.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Intakes are sealed. Unless I’m mistaken that is a primary indicator for either long term storage or MX
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#16]
New footage shows wreckage of world’s largest plane An-225 Mriya
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:05:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I got to see it one time flying into Denver airport.. that thing was huuuuge. sucks its gone, but i heard they have a second one that was never finished and someone is stepping up to rebuild it.  poland or germany or someshit i cant remember who.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I got to see it one time flying into Denver airport.. that thing was huuuuge. sucks its gone, but i heard they have a second one that was never finished and someone is stepping up to rebuild it.  poland or germany or someshit i cant remember who.
View Quote

Sitting at Antonov's plant near Kiev.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I think it was on a show called "Mysteries of the Abandoned"?

Showed the fuselage, wings, and maybe the tail section sitting in a semi-abandoned hanger.

Maybe theres enough pieces to put one back together.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think it was on a show called "Mysteries of the Abandoned"?

Showed the fuselage, wings, and maybe the tail section sitting in a semi-abandoned hanger.

Maybe theres enough pieces to put one back together.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top