Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2019 1:25:34 PM EDT
I am getting rid of satellite soon. I have an inexpensive amazon antenna that works with my tv. It only gets about half of the local channels that i should get in my area and it says some are not good reception. What antenna should i look at? Should I oput  one in the attic? Any way to use the coax that will come from the old satellite location and mount an antenna there. I do not want some giant tv antenna from my youth but I do want to get as many channels as I can.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
once you get rid of the dish, then the coax should work for an antenna

attic antennas can work, depends on roofing and other factors
outdoors is always best, and the higher the better, depending on terrain and distance to towers

try a site like tvfool
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am getting rid of satellite soon. I have an inexpensive amazon antenna that works with my tv. It only gets about half of the local channels that i should get in my area and it says some are not good reception. What antenna should i look at? Should I oput  one in the attic? Any way to use the coax that will come from the old satellite location and mount an antenna there. I do not want some giant tv antenna from my youth but I do want to get as many channels as I can.
Thanks
View Quote
Those work best.

Start with antennaweb.org and give us a general idea of the direction and distance to the transmitters.  Also post the channels that you want to pick up.  Not the display channel but the broadcast channel.  For example, here channel 5 broadcasts on VHF channel 5.  But channel 3 broadcasts on UHF channel 24.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote
I have my cheapo Amazon antenna in the attic hanging from a rafter; from there it connects to the coax that run to my tv. Works really well for my area.

Before that in a previous area I used a larger modern antenna mounted outside where the previous homeowner had Dish set up.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 3:34:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those work best.

Start with antennaweb.org and give us a general idea of the direction and distance to the transmitters.  Also post the channels that you want to pick up.  Not the display channel but the broadcast channel.  For example, here channel 5 broadcasts on VHF channel 5.  But channel 3 broadcasts on UHF channel 24.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks
Those work best.

That's handy.  I was wondering what stations I wasn't getting and they are ones I don't want as it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top