Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2021 7:30:56 PM EDT
Ogden, Utah  On February 5th, 2021 at 7:11 pm Ogden Police received a report of an Aggravated Robbery, Sexual Assault, and Vehicle Theft. The suspect displayed a handgun during the assault. The suspect took the victim's vehicle and fled the scene. At 11:37 pm an Ogden Police Officer spotted the suspect in the stolen vehicle near 30th and Washington Boulevard. As the Officer approached the vehicle the suspect ran from the car. Officers gave chase on foot and began searching a backyard in the 2900 block of Gram. The suspect stood up in the bed of a pick-up truck and produced a firearm. Two Ogden Police Officers fired their guns, the suspect was struck by the gunfire and died at the scene. Neither officers were injured. The Weber County Attorney's Office Officer Involved Critical Incident Team is conducting an independent investigation and the Ogden Police Department will conduct a separate internal investigation. Both officers have been placed on paid administrative leave. The suspect has been identified as Dino Raul Morales from California. He was a convicted felon and possession of a firearm on a restricted person.
Bodycam Shows Cop Shooting Armed Suspect Hiding in The Bed of a Truck

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
He's been shot alot here lately.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw it earlier here and on r/gunfights
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

He doesn't know when to give up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Searching is for PHAGGS.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Bye stain.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I agreed w/ it earlier & I still do... Good shoot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm ok with this.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems to be a good shoot.  Can’t fault the cop for shooting an armed suspect refusing to drop a firearm.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#9]
That pesky gun-show loophole.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Goblin down
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Once he told the cop, "Nope", that is a clear message as to his intentions. Bye, fucker!

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Holy shit the guy was still alive after all those rounds?  

Good shot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep. Once he told the cop, "Nope", that is a clear message as to his intentions. Bye, fucker!

View Quote

Ogden PD aint the ones to screw with.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#16]
“Show me your hands”

“Don’t move”

“Get up”

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Sounds like good shoot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#18]
he made his bed?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#19]
How much trouble will the cop get in for using the “F-word”?

Feelings are important after all.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#20]
“Show me your hands”
“Don’t move!”

Make up your mind.  

Good shoot.

Edit- beat lol
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#21]
question..

lets say you was wild bill hickock, cool under fire and a deadly shot (or at least you believed you were). dude stand there with the gun in his hand. wild bill shoots the gun out of his hand or wings the bad guy who drops the gun and then moves away from the gun. would the cop get in trouble for trying that sort of trick shot? obviously doing so is taking a serious chance of things not going the way you thought they would..
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#22]
then the truck would be at risk...property damage is something the police have grave concerns for

personally I would have shot the gas tank with my incendiary rounds.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#23]
That looked like an Emptive , Preemptive shooting . Good job !

Cop thought ... "nope"....  nope my asshole bam , bam , bam
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Poor verbal commands.

Still a good shoot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would have dumped him long before the words “Nope” came out of his mouth.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
“Show me your hands”
“Don’t move!”

Make up your mind.  

Good shoot.

Edit- beat lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't get these clowns. If you've got a gun and you're not going to put it down that suggests to me that you're willing to shoot the cop. Ok, then why the fuck do you wait until the cop has the drop on you? Wouldn't it make sense that if you're willing to shoot the cop you'd do it before he's got the drop on you? And if you're not going to shoot the cop, then why are you holding a gun? It's not a bullet proof shield FFS.

No, I'm not advocating shooting cops, I'm just trying to fathom the criminal mind. I realize that they're not the sharpest tools in the shed, but sheesh!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't get these clowns. If you've got a gun and you're not going to put it down that suggests to me that you're willing to shoot the cop. Ok, then why the fuck do you wait until the cop has the drop on you? Wouldn't it make sense that if you're willing to shoot the cop you'd do it before he's got the drop on you? And if you're not going to shoot the cop, then why are you holding a gun? It's not a bullet proof shield FFS.

No, I'm not advocating shooting cops, I'm just trying to fathom the criminal mind. I realize that they're not the sharpest tools in the shed, but sheesh!
View Quote

I’m going with suicide by cop.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I hope the truck wasn't hurt.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#30]
If you don't listen you will hurt.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I hope the truck wasn't hurt.
View Quote

Looked like a bullet hole high up on the side of the bed as the cop was moving in after the shoot.
At about 1:40 in the spray on bed liner.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Looked like steam rolling out of perps wounds , no fucks given.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're stupid. They don't have the mental capacity to implement critical thinking. Probably have an IQ of 90, tops.  They just act or react, mostly. Prefrontal cortex is probably underdeveloped as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:28:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They're stupid. They don't have the mental capacity to implement critical thinking. Probably have an IQ of 90, tops.  They just act or react, mostly. Prefrontal cortex is probably underdeveloped as well.
View Quote

I have it on good authority that the perp was doing his neurosurgery residency at Walter Reed. He was just getting his life together when this cop callously decided that he wouldn't take "Nope" for an answer.

RIP Dino Raul Morales, MD.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:54:14 AM EDT
[#35]
No humans were harmed in the making of this film.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:11:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

in that post that you took 30 seconds to write, you've exhibited more conscious and deliberate thought than most of these dudes will ever do in their entire life time
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks like a good shoot to me
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Kids have been being taught for years now that cops CAN'T shoot or assault you, or they're breaking the rules. ESPECIALLY if you're a minority. Contrary to arfcom opinion, almost all cops actually follow the rules, essentially all of the time. So these punks grow up saying and doing things to cops, from the time they're children, that would get them killed if they did it to another punk on the street. They're like that kid in school who figured out that no matter how bad he acted, the worst thing the teacher was going to do was send him to the office. They come to believe that authority figures are actually impotent. Once you can live with going to the office (or to jail overnight), you're free to act however you'd like.

I'd like to think that the last thing that passed through his mind (except the bullet) was, "wait!...They're SHOOTING at me! But that's against the rules!"
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Just hope he never had the chance to reproduce
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:46:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Kids have been being taught for years now that cops CAN'T shoot or assault you, or they're breaking the rules. ESPECIALLY if you're a minority. Contrary to arfcom opinion, almost all cops actually follow the rules, essentially all of the time. So these punks grow up saying and doing things to cops, from the time they're children, that would get them killed if they did it to another punk on the street. They're like that kid in school who figured out that no matter how bad he acted, the worst thing the teacher was going to do was send him to the office. They come to believe that authority figures are actually impotent. Once you can live with going to the office (or to jail overnight), you're free to act however you'd like.

I'd like to think that the last thing that passed through his mind (except the bullet) was, "wait!...They're SHOOTING at me! But that's against the rules!"
View Quote

Great analysis. It takes a level of abstract reasoning to understand things not directly experienced. The average "person" that finds themselves in a situation like the guy in the video is probably a dozen iq points shy of the capable of abstraction threshold.

It's probably better to think of them as poorly trained dogs than people when predicting behaviors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top