Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/3/2018 12:12:59 PM EDT
Total of seven victims, two of which have died. They have been identified as Nancy Van Vessem and Maura Binkley. TPD has identified the shooter as Scott Paul Beierle, 40, of Deltona, Florida. Florida State University confirmed that Maura Binkley was a student at FSU and that Dr. Van Vessem was a faculty member of FSU's medical school.

President John Thrasher provided the following statement this morning:

"There are no words to express the shock and grief we feel after learning of the deaths of Maura Binkley and Dr. Nancy Van Vessem. To lose one of our students and one of our faculty members in this tragic and violent way is just devastating to the Florida State University family.

We feel this loss profoundly and we send our deepest sympathies to Maura's and Nancy's loved ones while we pray for the recovery of those who were injured.
"

Current Mayor and Democrat Candidate for Governor, Andrew Gillum pushed gun control.

One victim tried to stop the attack and was pistol whipped by the subject. Another was possibly shot 9 times.

Florida Democrat State Representative Kristin Jacobs (who's district covers Parkland) was a witness to the shooting.

"One of the first things I heard is there was a shooting. That was in my head when a girl ran into the bar. She could hardly talk. She was hyperventilating. I heard her say shooter. Two other women came in, and I kept hearing the word 'Shooter'. The girl at the bar says everyone come this way, but everything inside me just says find the exit and bolt." Jacobs went on to talk about how she had just undergone an active shooter training scenario. Jacobs said that she was thinking about ways to stop the shooter if she encountered him, thankfully that did not happen.
View Quote
The shooter is an Army Vet and connected online to various Conservative groups through social media. Including FSU College Republicans.

Yoga studio gunman had prior arrests for grabbing women

The judge in 3 of those cases is a woman who is married to Curtis Richardson who is a former member of the FL House of Representatives, he is currently a member of the Tallahassee City Commission and a Anti-Gun Democrat of course. The seat he currently holds was held by Gillum prior to his election as Mayor of Tallahassee.

Victims killed.

Nancy Van Vessem M.D. - FSU

FSU student
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Saddening.
It always happens at the most crucial moment.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]

My new pen says it all.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
funny what those who seek power will do to get it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Saddening.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Saddening.
View Quote
Ironic..
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Ban guns for the military!!!!

How does this help their narrative?  If anything, it proves the gun isn't the problem, people are.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Or at least an audition
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#8]
That dude should have been a prohibited person.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]
So wast this a domestic thing, did he know these women, or was he just  misogynistic sick fuck?
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Never let a crisis go to waste...
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guess I'll get my tinfoil. I truly believe this. The timing of these events are very...timely.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
If he was placed on probation, as what would have happened if his cases weren't dropped, he would not have been able to pass FDLE's Firearm Purchase Program background and not been approved.

Much like with Parkland, a system is in place to prevent such from occurring. But the system doesn't work when the government doesn't actually enforce the laws on the books and put the information into the system.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is often the case. Our courts often don’t pursue charges or always allow them to plea down; such as armed robbery to simple battery still allowing possession (this happened to a high school classmate).

The courts are not doing their job to protect people from the dangerous and then wonder why we have gun violence. It’s people, not the tool.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Saddening.
View Quote
Yeah...it's either a curse or a plan.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Of course it was a Trump supporter. This is Gillums wet dream shooting
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ban guns for the military!!!!

How does this help their narrative?  If anything, it proves the gun isn't the problem, people are.
View Quote
+1

He should have been locked up!
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, at least Fuck Rick Scott can't screw us over again.

I doubt this has much traction in the race, not enough time or spin left.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Do you guys really believe in this mind control false flag bullshit or is it posting something for the sake of it?
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shit like this happens all the time. Had it not been for the election of Gillum, this would be page 5 news
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Praying for the victims and their families.  I used to work at TLH and remember this being a fairly nice area.  I’ve heard the crime has risen quite a bit since I lived there. Too sad, the city had bad parts but plenty of nice ones.  I’m sure this will be used to full effect by Gillum...
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Guess I'll get my tinfoil. I truly believe this. The timing of these events are very...timely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We got a glimpse into how it works with the draw Mohammed shooters after the Garland Texas shooting. It just happens that the FBI agent who prodded them into it and did nothing to stop the shooting was caught at the scene. Then instead of the shooters being known to the FBI it instead turned into an undercover investigation that went bad.

It makes sense, you can find and influence a hell of a lot of mass shooters under the cover of investigating them and if ever caught like with the draw Mohammed shooters just claim it was a normal undercover investigation that went wrong.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:35:32 PM EDT
[#22]
It can be offset by a massive campaign to show how Gilliam's people kept letting him go... "soft on crime, and you get THIS". If the Democrats responsible had DONE THEIR JOBS, the shooter would have been a prohibited person.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Saddening.
View Quote
The two dead women are much more of a tragedy than a possible election outcome
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do you guys really believe in this mind control false flag bullshit or is it posting something for the sake of it?
View Quote
I know right. That’s about as far out as a government allowing guns to flow illegally over a border so they could try to make a crisis to get them banned here
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Shit like this happens all the time. Had it not been for the election of Gillum, this would be page 5 news
View Quote
Truth.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
The subject was allowed to do what he did because of the Left's soft on crime stance, and the fact that he is identified as a Conservative is a God send to Gillum's campaign. This happened in the town he is mayor of and was on the city council forever. A member of the Florida Legislature who's district covers Parkland was on the scene. The judge that was possibly soft on the subject is married to the guy currently in Gillum's old seat and his close friends with Gillum.

It isn't mind control bullshit. Just facts and a hell of a lot of coincidences.

In the end, the Left wants to be soft on criminals when it comes to numerous crimes, including illegal immigration. But they want to crack down on the law abiding gun owners. Yet these incidents are usually the result of the Left's actions. With Parkland, the subject had numerous contact with LE and the System as a whole. If they actually did their jobs, he wouldn't have passed FDLE's FPP background. But they didn't Baker Act him, arrest him, etc...

This guy had multiple cases that were dropped. If he actually was held to the standards that those in power want to hold us to. Then he would have been on probation and that would have barred him from possessing/purchasing a firearm.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saddening.
As I said, it is saddening. The possible election outcome consequences are that we will have more of this and be powerless to stop it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
The FBI helped the terrorists obtain a weapon that was used in the attack by lifting a hold during a background check, incited the terrorist to attack the Garland event, and even sent an agent to accompany the terrorists as they carried out the attack," the court filing said.

The filing also alleged that former FBI Director Jim Comey lied in a "post-attack cover-up" about the bureau's knowledge of how the attack unfolded and what Comey and the bureau knew about what was likely to transpire.

In the aftermath of the attack, former FBI Director James Comey lied to the American people by claiming that Simpson was a needle in a haystack' that was 'invisible to us,'" the filing alleged. "Even after it had come to light that an undercover FBI agent had been communicating extensively with the terrorists during the week prior to the event and had accompanied them as they carried out the attack, the FBI continued to assert that "[t]here was no advance knowledge of a plot to attack the cartoon drawing contest."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/victim-of-draw-muhammad-isis-inspired-terror-attack-sues-fbi-accuses-james-comey-of-cover-up%3f_amp=true

But hey the FBI would never instigate a shooting, fuck with the background check system so prohibited people can buy guns, and then just allow an attack to happen while one of their agents watched.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I know right. That’s about as far out as a government allowing guns to flow illegally over a border so they could try to make a crisis to get them banned here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ding ding.

After F&F and more revently, Chokepoint, we know full well the government, or portions of it, is actually out to get us.

If ain't hard to prod someone who is already paranoid or mentally unstable into doing stupid shit. An investigation is the easy way; have dudes tail and watch him very obviously, make him paranoid, to the point where he snaps.

Or just grab him, and tell him to go kill some people, otherwise your men will kill his loved ones and set him up as the fall guy. No more unrealistic than F&F as a means of generating political clout to ban firearms.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Scum sucker tarnishing the 1AD like that.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ding ding.

After F&F and more revently, Chokepoint, we know full well the government, or portions of it, is actually out to get us.

If ain't hard to prod someone who is already paranoid or mentally unstable into doing stupid shit. An investigation is the easy way; have dudes tail and watch him very obviously, make him paranoid, to the point where he snaps.

Or just grab him, and tell him to go kill some people, otherwise your men will kill his loved ones and set him up as the fall guy. No more unrealistic than F&F as a means of generating political clout to ban firearms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ding ding.

The FBI is very good at finding people predisposed to violence and getting them to do what they want when they want it. This isn't a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory, they tell us about it regularly in press releases after they arrest them. They do this all the time and usually arrest the person or persons before they act.

Someone could easily use these same tools and skills for nefarious purposes. Instead of arresting the person let them go through with it. If ever caught claim it was all a big mistake and people will believe it because to believe otherwise is a crazy conspiracy theory.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’m inclined to be skeptical, but considering what we’ve seen at the highest levels of the FBI and CIA, nothing would surprise me anymore.

We know the government was working on it in the 60’s, and it would be irrational to assume they haven’t made any progress since that time.

In addition, you could buy anything with Soros’s billions.    Anything at all.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This guy had multiple cases that were dropped. If he actually was held to the standards that those in power want to hold us to. Then he would have been on probation and that would have barred him from possessing/purchasing a firearm.
View Quote
Ron DeSantis should be keying in on those points.  "We have laws in place that would have stopped Parkland and it would have stopped the Tallassee shootings. These dangerous people were allowed to slip through the cracks of the system and because of that the laws already in place could not work.  We have to fix this broken systems in the government in order to identify and get help for these dangerous people before they commit any more acts of violence."

He can push that message all day long and it will not offend the gun owners and the Democrats really can't disagree with it.  The last thing he should do is ever mention the word firearms or gun rights.  The issue is bigger than that, he needs to focus on the bigger issue.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Exactly but half this place is into conspiracies. If their conspiracies were true then all.it says is the Right is more easily manipulated into doing evil shit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#36]
WHO CARES! Gilliam and  his folk will kill thousands if he is allowed to. This is Chump change. Political hay.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Interesting timing...makes you think
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Was the shooting some INCEL loser? Is that why he picked a yoga studio?
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Throughout history men have done far worse things & killed uncountable numbers of people to gain power, What makes you think men have changed?

PETER, PAUL & MARY ~ The Great Mandella ~
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bullshit. There should be no "prohibited persons".
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#41]
This will not have any impact on the election.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He wouldn't be prohibited, he'd be on probation and that would bar him from possession during his sentence.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Removed
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
(OPSEC/PERSEC -40xb)
View Quote
Wow
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Truly unhinged
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#46]
De Santis should hammer the soft on crime aspect. With tough prosecutors and judges, this could have been prevented.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Removed
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#48]
(OPSEC/PERSEC -40xb)
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
(OPSEC/PERSEC -40xb)
View Quote
Thanks for posting that. It's helpful to see the mindset of someone whose working their way towards a full on psychotic break.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If he was placed on probation, as what would have happened if his cases weren't dropped, he would not have been able to pass FDLE's Firearm Purchase Program background and not been approved.

Much like with Parkland, a system is in place to prevent such from occurring. But the system doesn't work when the government doesn't actually enforce the laws on the books and put the information into the system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened to gun laws don’t stop criminals from getting guns?

We support unconstitutional laws now in the name of... what exactly?

Expediency, kowtowing to the left, what do we gain by supporting their gun control schemes even a little bit?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top