Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2020 3:53:21 PM EDT
Third time in two weeks.  Van just went 8' off the driveway, up a hill and over a stump, but that was not enough of a clue to stop for this determined driver.  The first incident was through the front yard and caused damage.  The second one was off the drive way into the yard and caused damage.  I have pending claims on incident one and two but they're being dicks and lowballing me even though I have everything on video.  Other than "stop ordering from Amazon" what if anything can be done here?
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
catch it on video and send it their customer service line. then bill them for the damage done to you yard.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Road Spikes. They sell them on Amazon.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
catch it on video and send it their customer service line. then bill them for the damage done to you yard.
View Quote

Have done this and was compensated.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a business account with them at one time. They stole $1500 from me. When I called, the "check was always in the mail". Amazon outsources ALL of their decision makers. The supervisors have no contact with them except email.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Then return the spikes and get your money back.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Bollards or big rocks are pretty effective.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bollards or big rocks are pretty effective.
View Quote

Good preventative measures.

But for justice, when you have an a-hole driving in your yard, a good axle breaking hole that is tough to see is far more entertaining.

Or... spike strips... or boards with nails in them.  Would be pretty interesting for him to have to explain 4 flat tires.

Of course... if you have access to a land mine, then all of my previous suggestions are null and void.

But video should be mandatory for any approach. :D
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
The drivers are terrible, they have no clue that they should back in. I watched them drive through neighbors yard.
They pull in, busy road, then can't figure out how to leave. Or just park in the middle of a state highway blocking traffic.

UPS and Fedex always back in, how hard is it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#9]
WTF is wrong with your property that people can't navigate it properly?  Sounds like you need to have your shit straight.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
WTF is wrong with your property that people can't navigate it properly?  Sounds like you need to have your shit straight.
View Quote

This, we need some MS Paint OP!!!

Can you line your driveway with large stones?
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Are they using your main driveway? Or your side driveway?
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#14]

NM Google photos wont create a direct link.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#15]
pending ms paint
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm going to reduce my ordering from them by 90%, but yes I thought about large rocks or also putting in lots of expensive driveway lights and sending them a huge bill every time one of their felons can't stay on the driveway.

Other than property damage, OPSEC is a concern of mine with Amazon drivers.  I know my UPS guy.  I know my FedEx guy.  They are both professionals, as driving is their career.  With Amazon on the other hand, it's always a surprise to see what new winner they have dredged out of the closest section 8 that's making $15/hour to scope out all your sweet tools and toys if you leave your garage door open (I'm rural and my garage can't be seen from the road).  Or to notice your Betsy Ross flag, or Trump bumper sticker etc.  It's a different, new driver EVERY SINGLE TIME, and they all look sketchy AF.  So there are other good reasons to stop ordering from Amazon.  Not to mention half the time they just throw my boxes up on the porch.  And also not to mention that f'ing dbag Bezos.......
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Super eazy fix bro a 2 x 4 and handful of ten penny nails and maybe a can of cheap green spray paint, can promise you at least the same driver wouldn't repeat it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Other than property damage, OPSEC is a concern of mine with Amazon drivers.  I know my UPS guy.  I know my FedEx guy.  They are both professionals, as driving is their career.  With Amazon on the other hand, it's always a surprise to see what new winner they have dredged out of the closest section 8 that's making $15/hour to scope out all your sweet tools and toys if you leave your garage door open (I'm rural and my garage can't be seen from the road).  Or to notice your Betsy Ross flag, or Trump bumper sticker etc.  It's a different, new driver EVERY SINGLE TIME, and they all look sketchy AF.  So there are other good reasons to stop ordering from Amazon.  Not to mention half the time they just throw my boxes up on the porch.  And also not to mention that f'ing dbag Bezos.......
View Quote

Same here. One Amazon driver asked if they could follow my driveway that goes around and behind my house so they could turn around. I said NO. GTFO with that crap.

My UPS guy I have no problem with this although he only did that once because he had a very heavy package and asked where I wanted it unloaded.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

This^^^^^

I had them back into my steep driveway scraping it up with their big ass van.  Filed a claim and they were willing to pay to have new concrete poured if I wanted it.  I didn't want the headache and found a mix of acid would etch away the marks and sent them a bill.  They promptly paid it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#20]
So I'm not the only one that has a lot of trouble getting my packages delivered professionally.

You guys are lucky. Hell, I can't even get them delivered to the right house.  It is a single family home with the numbers well posted with reflective numbers on the mail box and the Amazon drivers delivers can't manage to get my stuff on my porch.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So I'm not the only one that has a lot of trouble getting my packages delivered professionally.

You guys are lucky. Hell, I can't even get them delivered to the right house.  It is a single family home with the numbers well posted with reflective numbers on the mail box and the Amazon drivers delivers can't manage to get my stuff on my porch.
View Quote

It took me a serious effort to get through to them I had this problem. Finally Amazon support asked me to go on Google maps, right click where I wanted the deliveries and give them the GPS coordinates, that solved the problem.

Prior to that I pointed to the big green house numbers on every mailbox for 911, they refused to look at them and said they go where the GPS says.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:05:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Hedgehogs (not the animal, the other kind).

If you can weld and have any metal recycling places near you making them out of scrap will save money.  If you have a big enough stick welder (250+ amps with big rod size and extra dark lense hood) three chunks of railroad tracks about 4' long welded together as a "+" shape on the x and y axis and then do the third on the z-axis with it's middle tucked tight into one of the corners tight into the previous cross.  Weld all three together real good where they touch and make sure you get good deep penetration strong weld.

For way jacked up 4x4 type trucks and/or extra soft earth deployment then you might want to go bigger but usually 4' lengths is about right for most situations.  Lengths of railroad track with the big ass stick welder is the lowest cost way to make multi-use hedgehogs for standard vehicles (if someone makes a run at them with an actual bulldozer or tank that's different).  You can drop all the way down to using lengths of #6 rebar but they are only good for one incident and get mangled in the process of mangling the offending vehicular trespasser.  Check your scrap yard and see what's available and looks big enough and weldable and suit up with full chest leathers long welding gloves and wear a welding blanket like a kilt with good boots and crank the welder all the way up with a big rod and get to welding some up.

Redneck farmer solution, but it works for critical entry point denial.  Never have been able to make up enough of them for full zone defense.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#23]
The orange, fiberglass sticks used to mark driveways and parking lots for snow plowing might be cheap prevention.  Train him until he knows where to go...like a puppy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#24]
A long time ago my Uncle was having problems with folks not staying in his graveled lanes well.
He finally had all us  young'uns install metal fence posts every 4 feet along both sides.

The problem magically stopped.
And yes, there are short runs of three paved tracks for passing.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#26]

May not work all that well on softer earth.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 1:55:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Build the wall.

He won't be driving over it again.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 3:57:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

May not work all that well on softer earth.
View Quote

Semi-confirmed from my own experience with my hedgehogs.  I'm working on a much larger scale to actually stop vehicles not just pop tires.  But I have found that my hedgehogs need to be increased in size by at least 50% to remain effective in deployment on softer ground areas of the perimeter, especially down where I get a lot of water pooling on my bottom land section.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Dig a few holes then when they get stuck call police and file a complaint for trespassing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Since this thread was created in September, did you ever come to a solution OP?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#32]
I got an Amazon delivery this week. I live on a 55 mph rural two lane, pretty busy.

Driver parks in road, wrong side of road facing traffic, on top of a hill.
I open the door as she gets to door, get package.
Driver returns to van, BACKS IN MY DRIVEWAY to turn around then leaves.

WTF, why not back in to deliver the package instead of blocking the road
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got an Amazon delivery this week. I live on a 55 mph rural two lane, pretty busy.

Driver parks in road, wrong side of road facing traffic, on top of a hill.
I open the door as she gets to door, get package.
Driver returns to van, BACKS IN MY DRIVEWAY to turn around then leaves.

WTF, why not back in to deliver the package instead of blocking the road
View Quote
Amazon driver=former McDonalds employee.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#34]
I can't imagine how screwed up the OP's yard is that drivers are encouraged to drive on grass as opposed to driveway. They park in the road where I live
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Post a picture of your pot-holed driveway.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I had the same problem with a neighbor.

I kept asking them to please stop.  It's a neighbor.  They should be neighborly.

After 2 years, I bought a set of these.  Problem stopped.

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Super eazy fix bro a 2 x 4 and handful of ten penny nails and maybe a can of cheap green spray paint, can promise you at least the same driver wouldn't repeat it.
View Quote

I had a problem with the guy who delivered news papers to my neighbor in the wee hours of the morning. The jackass would swing very wide and go through my yard. I called the news paper 3 times and said fuck this. Put a sign up that said stay off grass and used 10 pennies and furring strips pained green.  Dude drove over the sign, but I got at least 2 of his tires that night. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because they can’t read numbers on a fucking mailbox.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or they have a blind trust in the almighty GPS
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Semi-confirmed from my own experience with my hedgehogs.  I'm working on a much larger scale to actually stop vehicles not just pop tires.  But I have found that my hedgehogs need to be increased in size by at least 50% to remain effective in deployment on softer ground areas of the perimeter, especially down where I get a lot of water pooling on my bottom land section.
View Quote

Wait, what? You legit built hedgehogs and put them on your land?
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Shopping center near me had a few.
They just added about a dozen more a few days ago.

People think anything flat and clear is there to drive on.

Even with 4WD I was always polite and stayed on the gravel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top