BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah and I get mostly everything in 2 days flat, plus movies, shows, music, books, etc.

You're not gonna get much sympathy from me.  Try to order the same thing elsewhere and see how many days you get it in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I mean shit, why do you pay a little more for a better insurance policy? Or more for better cellular coverage or faster speeds? You pay a little more to ensure, not to guess.
Yeah and I get mostly everything in 2 days flat, plus movies, shows, music, books, etc.

You're not gonna get much sympathy from me.  Try to order the same thing elsewhere and see how many days you get it in.
That’s what I’m saying. I can without paying for some BS membership. Pretty much everything is within one or two clicks for free shipping. The only thing Prime had was two-day.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't know about you, but when I order it CLEARLY tells me the expected delivery of EVERY item. If you don't like it, change the shipping or cancel the item.

Sometimes even though it says "Prime" it takes longer to ship. I seem to remember the user agreement saying something like "most items ship in two days".
View Quote
exactly.  So OP has no place to bitch.  Read the contract.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought prime was about free shipping, 2 day delivery was just a bonus
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:38:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know about you, but when I order it CLEARLY tells me the expected delivery of EVERY item. If you don't like it, change the shipping or cancel the item.

Sometimes even though it says "Prime" it takes longer to ship. I seem to remember the user agreement saying something like "most items ship in two days".
I get to use it twice in one thread! “Negative Ghostrider”. I have my podium, I shall use it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Two-day was my “had me at hello”.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:40:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just because something has a Prime logo it doesn’t mean you get it in two days. It just means it’s Prime eligible. A lot of third party sellers can’t don’t offer prime shipping and again if something isn’t in stock it isn’t shipping until it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I had my bad experience with them today.

Item had a Prime Logo so “Hey, good. Two-day shipping.” Nope.
Just because something has a Prime logo it doesn’t mean you get it in two days. It just means it’s Prime eligible. A lot of third party sellers can’t don’t offer prime shipping and again if something isn’t in stock it isn’t shipping until it is.
Yet that's the catch.  I need an AC compressor for my Tahoe.  The AC Delco compressor shows as Prime eligible, it isn't till I click on the page that Amazon tells me that it's out of stock and it'll be 1-2 weeks for me to see it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Getting your $5 gazoo (shipped free) in 2 days instead of 3 days is the hill some people will die on.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Most of my Amazon deliver problems are because they started using USPS and mail person doesn't like to deal with my packages. Anything that is UPS no problem, Fedex varies but is good most of the time.
Talked to postmaster (small town), she said Amazon drops of pallets of packages that they have to delivery for very low cost.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Hit and miss for me getting anything in two days. Depends on who is selling the item I believe.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Getting your $5 gazoo (shipped free) in 2 days instead of 3 days is the hill some people will die on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They need to sort that shit out. Seriously. Like I said before, if it’s going to display the Prime Logo then whomever the vendor is, whatever the tier, represents Amazon’s policy and commitment. The vendor should be capable of fulfilling the order within the time frame. No BS “well, it’s a third-party so...” like the vendor is some special ed case.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Good for you OP.  You determined that Prime was not what you expected and you cancelled.

I, on the other hand, LOVE Prime.  I place 140 orders in 2016.  I placed 100 orders in 2017.  Can't remember the specifics for 2016 but for 2017, 3 Prime orders did not arrive within 2 days.  However, ~ 4 orders arrived the next day.  I have even started receiving Saturday delivery in my area for no extra cost.

I appreciate the large selection of items that Amazon has for sale w/many of them Prime eligible.
I appreciate that many/most of the items are competitively priced.
I appreciate that Prime ships orders under $25 for free.
I appreciate the video and music streaming that is included.

Prime, like most things in life, is not perfect.  If perfection is your requirement, you are destine to be disapointed a lot in you life.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah, I had my bad experience with them today.

Item had a Prime Logo so “Hey, good. Two-day shipping.” Nope.
View Quote
You have to now really read the shipping options. Beats the shit out of me, and it is never consistent, but close enough. I used to wait weeks for my decoder rings.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I dunno. The vast majority of my stuff comes in two days. Plus the Prime Streaming, Prime music, the photo storage, etc.

I get more than my money's worth out of it,
View Quote
this
and free shipping
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good for you OP.  You determined that Prime was not what you expected and you cancelled.

I, on the other hand, LOVE Prime.  I place 140 orders in 2016.  I placed 100 orders in 2017.  Can't remember the specifics for 2016 but for 2017, 3 Prime orders did not arrive within 2 days.  However, ~ 4 orders arrived the next day.  I have even started receiving Saturday delivery in my area for no extra cost.

I appreciate the large selection of items that Amazon has for sale w/many of them Prime eligible.

Prime, like most things in life, is not perfect.  If perfection is your requirement, you are destine to be disapointed a lot in you life.
View Quote
Why are you appreciative for something you’re paying for? They’re not doing you favors. You’re paying for their service.

ETA: Do you tip for bad service at a restaurant?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Has to be Prime eligible. It says in the description. I ordered 3 items last night that were about 12.00. Got charged 6.00 for shipping, no tax. Items were not prime eligible. I ordered license plate lights, car decals and a 2.00 box of masks. That was the first time I paid shipping since getting prime a few months ago.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why are you appreciative for something you’re paying for? They’re not doing you favors. You’re paying for their service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Maybe buy a dictionary before your Prime runs out?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They need to sort that shit out. Seriously. Like I said before, if it’s going to display the Prime Logo then whomever the vendor is, whatever the tier, represents Amazon’s policy and commitment. The vendor should be capable of fulfilling the order within the time frame. No BS “well, it’s a third-party so...” like the vendor is some special ed case.
View Quote
You can't just say "Negative Ghostrider"and act like they're not living up to their contract.  Show me where it says Prime includes free two day shipping for all Prime purchases.

Drama llama...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think Amazon certainly has their part in the slipping of 2 day shipping, I think USPS has been pulling some shady shit with Amazon orders.

I have several times been actively waiting for an order and had tracked it, showing as delivered, only to show up with USPS the next day.
View Quote
When this happens I demand a refund.

If something says "delivered" and it's not delivered my assumption is that it was stolen. I heard about this happening and it just happened to me. USPS claims it was delivered 4 days before it was actually delivered.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/174498/appreciate-459456.JPG

Maybe buy a dictionary before your Prime runs out?
View Quote
They must make you feel like family.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I'd say 90% of my orders come in two days, 8% come next day, and 2% take longer than two days. I think the price of admission on Amazon Prime is well worth it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Sucks for you
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You can't just say "Negative Ghostrider"and act like they're not living up to their contract.  Show me where it says Prime includes free two day shipping for all Prime purchases.

Drama llama...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drama llama...
If I must -

My item, a fleshlight, was marked “Prime”. There was no forewarning that I was aware of. They need to straighten that out.

ETA: Drama llama? You cut too low
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If I must -

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384478/F397A378-CB2C-45C1-845F-94981F36E962-459459.png

My item, a fleshlight, was marked “Prime”. There was no forewarning that I was aware of. They need to straighten that out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If I must -

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384478/F397A378-CB2C-45C1-845F-94981F36E962-459459.png

Next thread title by OP.

Amazon selling Fleshlights that are way too big.

After an irritating 3 day wait (ordered with Prime), I FINALLY received my fleshlight.  Mom brought it down to the basement and I ripped the package open.
I had ordered the Xsmall version but this thing is HUGE!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Next thread title by OP.

After an irritating 3 day wait (ordered with Prime), I FINALLY received my fleshlight.  Mom brought it down to the basement and I ripped the package open.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I must -

Next thread title by OP.

Hey man, that’s serious bidness

ETA: Seriously though, I payed for two-day shipping, not two-week shipping. I made sure the item was Prime, they should make sure the vendor was capable.

ETA: That’s why we can’t have nice things in two days!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#25]
OP, I had the same issues and cancelled. I've found that I can order other places and get better deals now anyway.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#26]
my UPS man pulled at at 8:15 last night to deliver my two day shipping with prime gun cleaning mat.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
my UPS man pulled at at 8:15 last night to deliver my two day shipping with prime gun cleaning mat.
View Quote
Bite me

J/K

But for real

My order is probably somewhere around Bumfuck Egypt
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I did too until this morning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love Amazon.  We order stuff from them all the time and never have an issue with 2 day shipping.
So ONE problem and that's it, you're canceling...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love Amazon.  We order stuff from them all the time and never have an issue with 2 day shipping.
Homie don’t play that shit!

QVC tried playing that shit with me, they learned the hard way.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#30]
This past year about 35% of our Prime orders have failed the "guaranteed" delivery date. We are getting ready to cancel as well. Be sure to call in when that happens and they will compensate you, only way they will learn to fix it. They acknowledged to me they've been having problems.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#31]
I bet OP is a blast at partys
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#32]
We're keeping Prime for the Prime Video, but we've switched all our shopping to Jet.com, target.com, and walmart.com.

We got tired of Amazon Logistics deciding they didn't feel like delivering to our building that day.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#33]
No, it was free shipping for me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I dunno. The vast majority of my stuff comes in two days. Plus the Prime Streaming, Prime music, the photo storage, etc.

View Quote
Quoted:
Free shipping, movies, music, books, TV shows, etc.. Also, we order multiple times a week and our delivery has never been more than two days unless it’s an item that is out of stock.
View Quote
Quoted:
I live in literally the middle of nowhere and things come in two days sometimes in one.
View Quote
Ayup
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still use Amazon if they have what I’m looking for at a competitive price... I just won’t be buying another Prime membership in the foreseeable future. I really liked Prime but if they won’t ensure orders are expedited on Prime items then there’s no point.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#36]
I've been using Prime, since 2007, and the deliveries almost always have been on time, when they were using UPS, and Fedex. But that changed, when they switched to USPS, and their own Amazon delivery system.

I'm cancelling my membership this year, as well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#37]
I ordered a Plano gun case on the 19th. I got it the next morning.  It did ship from TN though... so just a state away.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The Amazon phone app now shows exactly where your delivery driver is. Found it on Sunday and it was pretty spot on. It tells me how many deliveries before mine, and tracks the driver's current location. I thought it was pretty cool.
View Quote
Yeah... I don't have that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Almost everything I order comes in two days.
View Quote
This, I’ve even had a few items come overnight even though it was supposed to be two day.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This, I’ve even had a few items come overnight even though it was supposed to be two day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where the fuck do y’all live? Next to an Amazon dist center?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I get to use it twice in one thread! “Negative Ghostrider”. I have my podium, I shall use it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Than ask for your shipping charges back and quit wasting bandwidth.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.  I've seen more than enough people bitch about not actually getting 2 day shipping that it's obviously happening, it just rarely happens to me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t believe that’s possible. Thought about telling them to prorate me a refund on my membership on principle but it’s up in March so just let it go.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’m right around you, I averaged about 120 orders a year for the last three years as well. My only delays were weather delays in the winter, which delayed everyone and everything. I did have USPS missdeliver a item once took them a couple days to sort that out, called Amazon to tell them I didn’t get it, had a replacement on them overnight via UPS, no complaints here at all.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#45]
I've had nothing but great experiences with Amazon over the past several years.

Our house has probably had over 100 prime deliveries in the past year, and I can't remember a single one that had shipping issues.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#46]
My biggest complaint is items advertised with the Prime logo, then when you go to check out it's "Free shipping for prime members" and takes two weeks to arrive.
They shouldn't be using the prime logo for items that don't ship with two day shipping.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I know. Still pisses me off - pay for shit but not actual shit.

ETA: At this point I don’t care if the shit shows up at all. They can keep it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Monthly Amazon prime snowflake thread

I'm sure you can run down to your local CVS for butt-hurt cream since it sounds like you really need it that bad.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I live in rural Washington, not even remotely close to any hub, we have Seattle as the drop off point or Spokane for ups, but to get to Spokane it has to go from either hermaston or Seattle, than to Spokane or Wenatchee, then to Okanogan, for final delivery which is almost a day of deliveries away for me, I’m second to the last drop.so as you see once it gets to hermaston or Seattle it’s still at least three pickups from me, yet they manage to nail it 99.9% of the time, and the fuckups are not even their fault.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm sure you can run down to your local CVS for butt-hurt cream since it sounds like you really need it that bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Monthly Amazon prime snowflake thread

I might need to. It’s stuff like this pisses me off, not normal shit. I loved my two-day shipping but I guess Amazon is slipping on an ever slipperyer...slipperierer

A slippy slope
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
All this.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top