Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/20/2019 3:49:10 AM EDT
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2467151/man-in-the-high-castle-cancelled-at-amazon-but-season-4-may-not-be-the-end

"The Man in the High Castle is drawing to a close. The Amazon series will wrap up its run with a fourth and final season. That season has yet to premiere. When it does, it will mark the closing chapter for the dystopian drama.
Why is the highly lauded series ending? It has been cancelled by Amazon, per a Deadline exclusive. Unlike some recent series that have chosen to end their run, Man in the High Castle's fate was not of its own making.

The Man in the High Castle was cancelled with the report saying those involved with the show were given the news during the "past couple of days." Those names included the series' showrunners and its cast. While undoubtedly a blow to the series' fans, they will have another season to watch before it is over."

Link to 4th (and final) season trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtGqjxECVe8

Shame to see this one go. I rather enjoyed it. Like any show, it had its ups and downs, and even some moments that seemed to drag on and on, but overall it was very good.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
fucking sucks. Great show.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:54:54 AM EDT
[#2]
At least they'll be able to close out the story...  Which reminds me, I've only seen three episodes from the current season.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:57:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Giving the show a hard end date frames things for the writers and forces them to eliminate any filler or uncertainty about how long to drag things out.

More shows should have an end date planned from the beginning, IMO. It eliminates the Lost Factor, AKA "we ran out of script three seasons ago and now we're just making this shit up as we go along".
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:59:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
fucking sucks. Great show.
View Quote
Couldn't agree more. Pretty shitty thing to do, for a show that basically put Prime Originals in the spotlight. For the cast and crew to just learn of the cancellation out of the blue like that seems like a slap in the face, not only to them, but to the fans as well. The amount of attention this show brought to Amazon is incredible. I know it's said to be a bit expensive to produce, and production has had its share of issues, but this show felt like it was just getting started. There is so much more to tell and they had just barely began to scratch the surface.

Hell, the seasons were so short anyway. Surely the handful of episodes they called seasons weren't killing them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:02:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, that sucks. I've been wanting to watch it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:05:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Good show. Hopefully the last season will be good.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:22:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the show a lot, but putting a cap on how long the show will go may be for the best, seems like at the end of S3 the show is starting to go off the rails.  They added a bunch of stupidity with the resistance, aimbots for some of the resistance fighters, stormtrooper syndrome for the nazis.  It looked like it was going real heavy in the sci-fi stuff with different dimensions, but with Hawthorne's last lines they backed off a bit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Good, stopped watching when they went homo loving.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:24:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Never heard of it
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:29:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I fall asleep every time I watch it lol. Neat idea but it doesn’t keep my interest.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:31:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Started out great, but its been going down hill with the entire focus on the dimension jumping SciFi shit. Time to wrap it up before the writers go full retard.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Not a bad thing as long as they end the show well.

As other shave pointed out it's far better than dragging it out.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:48:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I fall asleep every time I watch it lol. Neat idea but it doesn’t keep my interest.
View Quote
HAHA
SAME!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#15]
The premise of these kinds of shows is so retarded that I can't bare to watch them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The premise of these kinds of shows is so retarded that I can't bare to watch them.
View Quote
It’s a real bear to get through.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:23:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’ve always been curious to watch, but every time I think about it, I think “Wait a minute...the real Nazis couldn’t even cross the fucking Channel, how are they getting across the Atlantic Ocean?

My theory is that it’s a kind of masochistic fantasy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:12:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Glad it's getting a proper ending.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Meh. last season sucked anyeay.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:29:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Good riddance...I wonder if the cast will have pink hair for the final season
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Nooooo!!!!!

fuck you Jeff

well at least it wasn't like Lost, The Office or Simpsons that dragged on painfully.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:32:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn, really like this show. It took me a couple of tries to get in to it but once I did I was hooked.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Started out great, but its been going down hill with the entire focus on the dimension jumping SciFi shit. Time to wrap it up before the writers go full retard.
View Quote
This I do agree with though. So many other directions the show could have gone
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:44:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Never watched it myself. On another note I was sad to hear Z nation got cancelled recently
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:50:20 AM EDT
[#25]
I liked the dimension jumping story, stayed in line with Dick's themes I thought. I really don't know why they shoe horned in that lesbian film maker and reporter story line. It went nowhere and there wasn't even that much nudity. Also, playing Hitler as sort of meek, killing him off, then having the actor that looked more like Hitler than the Hitler actor playing Himmler step up to the plate as the megalomaniac dictator felt repetitive. Should have went with Hitler  being the old megalomaniac.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Never heard of it
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I liked the dimension jumping story, stayed in line with Dick's themes I thought. I really don't know why they shoe horned in that lesbian film maker and reporter story line. It went nowhere and there wasn't even that much nudity. Also, playing Hitler as sort of meek, killing him off, then having the actor that looked more like Hitler than the Hitler actor playing Himmler step up to the plate as the megalomaniac dictator felt repetitive. Should have went with Hitler  being the old megalomaniac.
View Quote
I think people that don't like the sciFi side of it, don't really know Philip K Dick.

I think the Hitler character was fine, because after seeing the films, age, and senility (oh and syphilis)...even with all that power he had controlled and created, he was a ruined old man that no longer had the same ability to be the monster he was when younger.  Something if a mini morality play within the whole story.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
My thoughts exactly  ^^^
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Good.  The homo scenes ruined it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Season 3 has been a yawn fest.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Meh. last season sucked anyeay.
View Quote
Enjoyed the first two seasons, but never could get into the third one. I think the long period between seasons had something to do with it...I simply lost interest.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's because it's painfully drawn out
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm in the boat with "hard end produces better story".  Would be most disappointing if it just disappeared like Deadwood, Rome, and Carnivale did.

I really liked the first season but didn't pick it back up. First couple shows of season 2 were slow.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#35]
You have put a dark cloud over my day, OP.  My bride and I loved this show.  Hate to see it cancelled.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Hopefully it's for the best. I really like it but felt the last season was kind of jumping around a bit too much. There's nothing worse then something that starts out strong then drags on or doesn't have a clear path on the storylines.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Dammit, high castle and Z nation cancelled?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Never watched it myself. On another note I was sad to hear Z nation got cancelled recently
View Quote
I watched that for a while but they brought politics into it. Stopped watching after that
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm in the boat with "hard end produces better story".  Would be most disappointing if it just disappeared like Deadwood, Rome, and Carnivale did.

I really liked the first season but didn't pick it back up. First couple shows of season 2 were slow.
View Quote
Loved Carnival.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#40]
I tried to like it, really I did. I just couldn't make it past half of episode 2.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've always been curious to watch, but every time I think about it, I think "Wait a minute...the real Nazis couldn't even cross the fucking Channel, how are they getting across the Atlantic Ocean?"

My theory is that it's a kind of masochistic fantasy.
View Quote
They got nukes first, and a delivery system.  Probably just strolled in after nuking D.C.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Damn I like that show. Can't think of any other shows on amazon that I really like.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Meh. I tried to watch but it was as exciting as watching grass grow
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:02:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think more shows should be told upfront they will get a maximum of X seasons and no more, so keep the story to that time line. Too many linger for years, when new ideas should prosper.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#45]
I've enjoyed the show, but this is probably for the best.  The show is just getting a little too out there.  Not the dimension jumping stuff, but just the random things that get inserted into the story that don't seem to serve a purpose.  Two things that come to mind are the jew hunters and the jewish community hiding in the boonies, or the "surprise! This one character who has been int he show since the beginning is gay!  Just wanted you to know but it serves zero purpose in the story lol!"  I'm just getting the impression that they are struggling to keep a decent story alive so they have resorted to random filler shit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Meh. I tried to watch but it was as exciting as watching grass grow
View Quote
Season-based shows suck, I realized that after watching Walking Dead.

Their formula is to give us 60% boring character development, 30% action, and 10% cliffhangers.

I'd rather have a good 2 hour film TBH.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#47]
I tried watching it but the show only makes sense if you know nothing about either Germany or Japan and their goals in the war.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
It seems every show must have this in it.

It is sickening.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I tried watching it but the show only makes sense if you know nothing about either Germany or Japan and their goals in the war.
View Quote
It's science fiction and a multiverse. It makes lots of sense if you have ever read Philip K. Dick. Was Blade Runner hard to comprehend because of the robots and flying cars?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I think more shows should be told upfront they will get a maximum of X seasons and no more, so keep the story to that time line. Too many linger for years, when new ideas should prosper.

Kharn
View Quote
The Black List comes to mind as I finished that recently. It was really awesome at first but the last couple seasons just felt like they were trying to milk almonds every episode and the finale almost made me throw a brick at my tv.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top