Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2023 10:52:03 AM EDT
Visiting my brother and went to the gyms on post. The main gym has racks galore, bumper plates, various specialty bars, deadlift platforms… a real change from what I remember when I was in. Just a great change in focus and direction I think.

FYI, if you’re service connected and have a VA card it will get you into the gyms as well. It even scans into the system.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, but most commands still only care about the number of soldiers failing the APFT with no focus on those who perform above standards. All they want is minimal passing scores - which is all the "leadership" is capable of personally.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I went to the gym on Hickam in April (not Army, but USAF, but still) and, although it was small, it had amazing equipment by comparison.  It was also nice because my wife and I used the showers before we got on our flight home

As a funny aside…it was in the old bowling alley from when I lived on Hickam in the 70s and 80s as a kid.

(Just to clarify, I was Army, the gym was USAF )
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If you watch the gov surplus auctions, like govplanet, they're always getting rid of really expensive gear. I saw them getting rid of a lot of vertimax one time. those things retail at like $4-5k each. Lots of hammer strength and cardio machines usually.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you watch the gov surplus auctions, like govplanet, they're always getting rid of really expensive gear. I saw them getting rid of a lot of vertimax one time. those things retail at like $4-5k each. Lots of hammer strength and cardio machines usually.
View Quote

Interesting, how big of a savings are you seeing between the items going up for auction and their retail price new?  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top