Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2021 2:01:44 PM EDT
Does anybody have any experience with one of these tubes?  I have a bunch of cabelas gift cards, and was thinking of buying a smoker.  Then I came across these pellet tubes.  If they are work, I could get one of them, some pellets, and a vertical sausage stuffer with my cards instead of burning it all on a smoker I will rarely use.  I watched a couple of youtube videos, and of course they claim they are the greatest thing since sliced bread....

https://amazenproducts.com/smokers/
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the 12" tube they work great and are more versatile. You don't need to fill it completely for short smoke times.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a different brand, works great.  Cheese, deviled eggs, pork loin, green chili.  Really adds to the flavor without having to own a dedicated smoker.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Once you learn to equilibrium dry-cure a slab of Costco pork belly or one of their big fatty pork loins for 3 weeks with spices and maple sugar then cold-smoke it with your pellet tube for 3 days with no-smoke rests overnight, you'll never buy mass-produced bacon again.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Works great for Scottish-style cold-smoked salmon and smoked cheddar/gouda as well.  Just maintain sufficient separation between the tube & the food, as it does give off enough heat to melt the cheese and cook the fish if it's right next to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top