Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/17/2021 12:04:48 AM EDT
Bought a gun... year later I decide I don't want it.  Never fired.  Sold it to my step brother for $400-500 less than what it sells for new.

I sold him some ammo for it (one of the new niche calibers from hornady in which I'll probably never buy again) for $25 more than what I bought it at when it was at its normal price per box.  

I kept a few boxes for myself to sell on the side for a little less than Gunbroker prices.  Didn't hoard it... literally have 3 boxes left.  Does that make me a piece of shit for price gouging?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy low, sell high.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:05:46 AM EDT
[#2]
No....if you can't screw over family, who can you screw over.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#3]
No. You already hooked him up on the cost of the gun.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck no.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd sell 9mm to my mother right now for $1 a round if she was willing to pay it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you close? You're decision to sell high indicates no. I won't sell my sister ammo because she is a Pinko. If she wasn't, I'd give it to her.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure you're a dick, but not for that. He's not blood, man!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd sell 9mm to my mother right now for $1 a round if she was willing to pay it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I just gave a family member 200 rounds of lake city because I knew he couldn't find it reasonably priced right now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#10]
You’re kinda of dick not a full dick.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I would never make a dollar off of my brother...more than likely I’d take a loss to give him a killer deal. He would do the same for me.

I understand 100% wanting to make $$ off of something. If that was the goal, I’d sell it to someone else.

Your situation is somewhat tricky though, seeing how you sold him the gun for a great deal. I suppose as long as he doesn’t feel ripped off that’s all that matters.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:10:00 AM EDT
[#12]
No. He’s a sick for not getting it when it was cheaper
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bought a gun... year later I decide I don't want it.  Never fired.  Sold it to my step brother for $400-500 less than what it sells for new.

I sold him some ammo for it (one of the new niche calibers from hornady in which I'll probably never buy again) for $25 more than what I bought it at when it was at its normal price per box.  

I kept a few boxes for myself to sell on the side for a little less than Gunbroker prices.  Didn't hoard it... literally have 3 boxes left.  Does that make me a piece of shit for price gouging?
View Quote

The general rule of thumb when selling ammo is that it isn't price gouging if having sex with them wouldn't be incest.

Step brother?  Fine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I wouldn’t sell my brother 9mm for less than $2 a round.  But him and his wife are BLM supporters and posted a rant on Facebook over the summer about how bad cops are, despite having several close family members who are/have been cops.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:21:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Is your step sister or step mom hot?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:24:53 AM EDT
[#16]
You did well.

I have a t-shirt that has, Most of the people in my family drive me nuts. How true that is. I love dogs.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:26:42 AM EDT
[#17]
i mean, if you didn't charge him more than he could get it elsewhere in the market, i don't think so.

if i was really close with him, or if it was to my own brother or something, i'd probably let it go for what i paid for it if i could spare it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:32:35 AM EDT
[#18]
It's not price gouging, it's capitalism. Supply and demand. Should have bought cheap and stacked deep.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:33:33 AM EDT
[#19]
You might be a dick... My brother in law asked to buy some 556 ammo when we visited for Thanksgiving.

I was going to gouge him because I had warned him last year.  Ended up gifting him a can of Green Tip instead.  

He thanked me with a high end pair of binoculars for Christmas.  Turns out he's not the low class freeloader I thought he was.  

My first instinct was to be the stingy bastard.  Glad I chose generosity.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you replace it for the same price you sold it to him for ???????
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Nah! I would have stripped him of even more cash than anyone on the street! Fuck em'.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#22]
What caliber?  Is it so scarce that no one can find it, and your NIB pistol is actually worth far less than the $400 "loss" you took on it?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:39:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, you're a dick. But he's a dick too for not stocking up when it was cheap. So basically, you've got two dicks together secretly trading essences.

Fags.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:46:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No. You already hooked him up on the cost of the gun.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:47:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What caliber?  Is it so scarce that no one can find it, and your NIB pistol is actually worth far less than the $400 "loss" you took on it?
View Quote

What gun and what did you sell it to him for?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:54:15 AM EDT
[#26]
First, don't sell. If you sell, sell for what it will cost you to replace. If your brother is one of your go to guys for help or you are close, just give it to him.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:59:26 AM EDT
[#27]
He's fucking your sister

Nevermind. I read brother in law
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:13:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

No such thing as "normal price per box" unless you're going to arbitrarily specify a time period.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:14:10 AM EDT
[#29]
If you didn’t rub your balls on his drum set then no.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:14:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right? You can always fuck family over, they'll forgive you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:22:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Nope...life lessons.  He chose poorly
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:24:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Step siblings are there to be abused, according to PH.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:32:06 AM EDT
[#33]
No, it makes you a fool for selling ammo
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:40:06 AM EDT
[#34]
I’d think fair price would be what it would cost to replace.  
Less than that and you were generous.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:44:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:49:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

My sis and BiL showed up at my house on a cross country road trip, they brought a 9mm pistol they'd never fired it, so they didn't even know it jammed every few shots, and 8 bullets (left the rest of their ammo at home).

He went to shoot it and he couldn't even get it to load... Once I showed him how to get it to load (it's an old gun that didn't like hollowpoints, especially if you ease the slide down) if failed to eject 25% of the time.

I traded them a pistol, and a couple extra mags worth of reloads.  

Hopefully they learned a little from it, but I doubt it, BiL was still fixated on giving my sister his "new" used sks with high cap mags that they hadn't even test fired... They make ~$150,000/yr, but are too cheap to buy a real gun. I told him to find a fixed 10 round mag, but he didn't listen.

The sad part, they have other guns I've given them over the years, that actually work...

Oh and he told me she won't allow them to keep any "extra" food in the house... they are both retarded.

I only helped them out because I didn't want my niece and nephew endangered by their stupidity.

I even let them fire a few mags though my gun to familiarize them with it. I was painfully counting each round...

It's what family does.

They still think I'm going to fix their pistol "for free" My sister is the kind of person to invite you over for steak dinner, and then bill you after the meal (yes, she actually did that to our parents). If I do get around to fixing it, they will be billed not only for parts, but for ammo and labor... And I don't work cheap.

Sadly it's a nice, name brand gun (~50 year old police trade in, great shape, 98% finish from mild holster wear), but something is fucky with it. I think the extractor spring is just weak/worn out.  I was surprised it jammed like that. But that just goes to show, never go into combat with an unproven weapon. I tried two types of ammo and it was wouldn't fully extract about 25% of the time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:51:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You might be a dick... My brother in law asked to buy some 556 ammo when we visited for Thanksgiving.

I was going to gouge him because I had warned him last year.  Ended up gifting him a can of Green Tip instead.  

He thanked me with a high end pair of binoculars for Christmas.  Turns out he's not the low class freeloader I thought he was.  

My first instinct was to be the stingy bastard.  Glad I chose generosity.
View Quote

Yeah, when it comes to that kind of stuff I feel better hooking a brother up than profiting off him.  Eh, maybe I’m weird but some things are more important than makeing extra cash.  Especially from cool family.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:10:33 AM EDT
[#38]
You gave him a good deal on the gun, I wouldn’t feel bad about charging him market value for the ammo.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:18:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Meh I’ve sold some ammo to friends/family that i didn’t really want or need but when my boss came to me asking to buy some 9mm and 22 you better believe it wasn’t for sticker price.

And I was straight up about it too which was why I didn’t feel bad.  “I don’t really want to sell this ammo but if you want it that bad here’s the price” aswaged my guilt.  

Ymmv
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:39:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What gun and what did you sell it to him for?
View Quote

Bergara HMR Pro in 6.5 PRC

I kind of did my research after and decided I'd build my next bolt gun that has prefit barrels made up from multiple manufacturers.  Didn't like the idea of having to send the barreled action in to get re barreled every time.  Hell, I am sure it'll shoot great... if not amazing.  Guaranteed sub MOA on that gun.  But after 1300 rounds that barrel is going to be toast.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:49:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:14:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:30:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fuck no.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:33:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Business is business, OP.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I would never make a dollar off of my brother...more than likely I’d take a loss to give him a killer deal. He would do the same for me.

I understand 100% wanting to make $$ off of something. If that was the goal, I’d sell it to someone else.

Your situation is somewhat tricky though, seeing how you sold him the gun for a great deal. I suppose as long as he doesn’t feel ripped off that’s all that matters.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Family only pays what I have in it. I don't make money off of my direct family
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Nope. It is capitalism.

Do you want communism.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#48]
I am selling a bit to friends at the price I paid, just so they have something.  Sold 200 rounds of XM-193 to a buddy for $60 last week.

That offer is only to friends and family, and because I have a decent stockpile dating back over 20 years.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Bergara HMR Pro in 6.5 PRC

I kind of did my research after and decided I'd build my next bolt gun that has prefit barrels made up from multiple manufacturers.  Didn't like the idea of having to send the barreled action in to get re barreled every time.  Hell, I am sure it'll shoot great... if not amazing.  Guaranteed sub MOA on that gun.  But after 1300 rounds that barrel is going to be toast.
View Quote

Oh.

This wasn't a "bro I desperately need a self defense gun" situation?  Don't feel bad about it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
He's fucking your sister

Nevermind. I read brother in law
View Quote

Still might apply
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top