Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2018 11:40:37 AM EDT
What alternative investments (investments other than 401ks, stocks, bonds, money markets, CDs) are you all investing in? My 401k and IRA are maxed at the moment and have some money left over to play with.

I like the idea of investing in precious metals but the performance has been terrible, just a slow downward trend. If it would at least keep up with inflation I would consider it but right now it goes down a couple percent a year. I sold what little I had a few years ago at a loss to fund the purchase of a second machine gun, and glad I did as it has gone up 50% in value since the purchase.

Ive thought about buying another MG but dont want to have too much exposure in a risky asset that can banned and be worthless with the stoke of a pen.

I dabbled with bitcoin for about a year, thankfully was able to sell it all when the bubble popped and managed to walk away with a few hundred dollars profit which funded the purchase of my last suppressor.

I have family who owns rental properties but I just cant fathom having the time to deal with renters while working full time and raising kids, I barely have the time to mow my lawn and maintain my own home let alone other peoples houses, even if it was making me money.

Any other investing ideas?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Ammunition

Land

Commercial real estate

Solar
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Land, real estate, people.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Land, real estate, people.
View Quote
This.  I own a lot of rentals and the land my businesses are on.

I told my wife I want to order a container of guatemalans and work them until they can buy their freedom,  but she says she can't take me seriously when I say that wearing a MAGA hat and American flag print hammer pants.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What alternative investments (investments other than 401ks, stocks, bonds, money markets, CDs) are you all investing in? My 401k and IRA are maxed at the moment and have some money left over to play with.

I like the idea of investing in precious metals but the performance has been terrible, just a slow downward trend. If it would at least keep up with inflation I would consider it but right now it goes down a couple percent a year. I sold what little I had a few years ago at a loss to fund the purchase of a second machine gun, and glad I did as it has gone up 50% in value since the purchase.

Ive thought about buying another MG but dont want to have too much exposure in a risky asset that can banned and be worthless with the stoke of a pen.

I dabbled with bitcoin for about a year, thankfully was able to sell it all when the bubble popped and managed to walk away with a few hundred dollars profit which funded the purchase of my last suppressor.

I have family who doesn't rental properties but I just cant fathom having the time to deal with renters while working full time and raising kids, I barely have the time to mow my lawn and maintain my own home let alone other peoples houses, even if it was making me money.

Any other investing ideas?
View Quote
I say this as someone who loves finding a new angle, if you don't have the time, you are probably right where you belong in stocks, bonds, CDs, Money Market, ect.

I wouldn't even be in individual stocks if you are that busy.  A mix of index funds that match your goals and call it a day.

Inattention is a great way to lose money if you are invested in stuff that requires active management.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Buying tax liens
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top