Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2020 2:55:15 AM EDT
I always use the full site view, and the forum and sub forums show in that, but when I open a thread it shows in mobile. I cleared arfcom website data, signed out and back in. Nothing changes it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:53:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Same.

What a PITA.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Select mobile view then switch back to full site. It just reverted my viewing to full.

ETA Temporarily. Mobile is back.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Here too
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nightdh:
Select mobile view then switch back to full site. It just reverted my viewing to full.

ETA Temporarily. Mobile is back. 
View Quote

Yeah, temporary only.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
Same.

What a PITA.
View Quote

THIS!  

Please fix this
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
OK so you are on a mobile device and setting to full view and it reverts back to mobile view every few clicks? Is it every single thread you open?

All browsers or just a specific one? More info please!
View Quote

Using Safari on my iPhone.  When I’m looking at the forum it’s in its normal desktop mode.  When I click on a thread like this one it is being forced into mobile view.  Even stranger, as I type out a reply it’s back in desktop mode.  Also just tried using the Google Chrome app, and same issues.

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#10]
OK so you are on a mobile device and setting to full view and it reverts back to mobile view every few clicks? Is it every single thread you open?

View Quote

Mobile here. Set to VIEW FULL SITE.

Forum view is fine, any thread that I click on reverts to MOBILE VIEW.

If I reset in thread, all is good. As soon as I leave that thread and click another, same deal.

Galaxy S8 if it matters.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 1057:

Using Safari on my iPhone.  When I’m looking at the forum it’s in its normal desktop mode.  When I click on a thread like this one it is being forced into mobile view.  Even stranger, as I type out a reply it’s back in desktop mode.  Also just tried using the Google Chrome app, and same issues.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299647/0DEBBE28-4B0D-40E6-818E-72A44A2A41F9-1426307.pnghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299647/77BAD1F7-A5D0-4C05-AC8E-268C92079C35-1426309.pnghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299647/5FDDE66B-9955-44D9-BD4F-A22A369ED1EC-1426310.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1057:

Using Safari on my iPhone.  When I’m looking at the forum it’s in its normal desktop mode.  When I click on a thread like this one it is being forced into mobile view.  Even stranger, as I type out a reply it’s back in desktop mode.  Also just tried using the Google Chrome app, and same issues.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299647/0DEBBE28-4B0D-40E6-818E-72A44A2A41F9-1426307.pnghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299647/77BAD1F7-A5D0-4C05-AC8E-268C92079C35-1426309.pnghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299647/5FDDE66B-9955-44D9-BD4F-A22A369ED1EC-1426310.png

Same for me using Chrome.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Yep. Same with me.

Galaxy S20 with Samsung internet
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Same with me, every thread I have to click full site view oce I'm  in the thread. It started last night.
Thanks,
PCMangler
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Safari
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Safari
Haven’t updated phone in a very long time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Chrome browser on a Samsung Note 9 and it was working fine last night at 11 when I went to bed woke up this morning and it's fucked all the hell. I also received no updates to my phone overnight.

I can go to my subscribed threads and it's the full site. When I click on one of the threads it reverts to mobile. If I go to General discussion it shows all of the forms in general discussion on full site but when I click on a thread in a forum it reverts to mobile
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OK so you are on a mobile device and setting to full view and it reverts back to mobile view every few clicks? Is it every single thread you open?

All browsers or just a specific one? More info please!
View Quote
I'm using Opera on an LG Android phone. I have to go up to the top left of the page to select the desktop site.

Navigating the site is normal, and posting replies is normal, but when viewing threads it reverts to the mobile version. I've tried both the site's desktop option and the browser's desktop option, separately and simultaneously. No changes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Samsung Internet.

Click VIEW FULL SITE. All good. Jump forums fine. Click in any thread and it reverts to MOBILE VIEW.

View after clicking on this thread:

Attachment Attached File

Then after choosing full site again.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Samsung Internet.

Click VIEW FULL SITE. All good. Jump forums fine. Click in any thread and it reverts to MOBILE VIEW. Same with sending PMs.
View Quote

Still the above for me
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#23]
And now after hitting reply....

Attachment Attached File

Back to mobile view.

Fuckey.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ok got it to happen on my phone now. I’m on it!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That is goofy as hell. Can you jump from the forum page to another forum page without it reverting to mobile? Is it only when jumping into threads? Try to jump between tools (Subscribed, then Active Topics for example) or between forums. Maybe open them in new tabs to see if that is causing a problem. (Open GD in a new tab, then open Team in a new tab.) The more data I can get the better.

I got sidetracked, so I'll check on chrome and see if I can reproduce the problem on my end! All I know is safari (latest version on latest ios) is working fine for me! I have no plugins or ad blockers or anything weird on my phone.
View Quote

Forum page to forum page it will not jump to mobile... only when I click on a thread in a forum, when I hit reply to a thread and it also does it when I go to the IM system
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Mobile here. Set to VIEW FULL SITE.

Forum view is fine, any thread that I click on reverts to MOBILE VIEW.

If I reset in thread, all is good. As soon as I leave that thread and click another, same deal.

Galaxy S8 if it matters.
View Quote

Same. S8 also.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Happened to me this past weekend.  Logged out and back in.  Turned my phone sideways clicked view full site, I was gtg.  And last night it started happening again.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are a serious wizard if you can figure this out. Are you AI?

I don’t know how you computer guys do some of the things you do.
But I’m sorry if I ever offended any of you
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That is goofy as hell. Can you jump from the forum page to another forum page without it reverting to mobile? Is it only when jumping into threads? Try to jump between tools (Subscribed, then Active Topics for example) or between forums. Maybe open them in new tabs to see if that is causing a problem. (Open GD in a new tab, then open Team in a new tab.) The more data I can get the better.

I got sidetracked, so I'll check on chrome and see if I can reproduce the problem on my end! All I know is safari (latest version on latest ios) is working fine for me! I have no plugins or ad blockers or anything weird on my phone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chrome browser on a Samsung Note 9 and it was working fine last night at 11 when I went to bed woke up this morning and it's fucked all the hell. I also received no updates to my phone overnight.

I can go to my subscribed threads and it's the full site. When I click on one of the threads it reverts to mobile. If I go to General discussion it shows all of the forms in general discussion on full site but when I click on a thread in a forum it reverts to mobile

It only happens when you click on individual threads. Also, today I had a mention, but didn’t get the notification, I just noticed that the envelope was glowing in the top right hand corner once I switched to full site mode.

I’m using safari on a iPhone XS Max.

Thanks for looking into this, GoatBoy!
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's keeping you logged in though... hmmm, maybe the autologin is kicking in and logging you back in.

It sounds like the cookie value is being lost. Maybe there was an update to phone/browser that changed how it handles the cookie. Is this chrome issue?

I'm using safari on my phone and no issue so far. About to swap over to chrome to test that, but I wanted to check in here first. Please share the browser you are using on your device, not the device itself please!
View Quote

Safari on IPhone

ETA I don’t dislike the mobile I’m just used to full.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Safari on IPhone

ETA I don’t dislike the mobile I’m just used to full.
View Quote

I absolutely HATE mobile....  I didn’t pay over $1,000 for a basically a tablet that is also a phone to view websites on a “mobile” platform.

Wish all websites would only allow mobile as a must enable option.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ok folks. Pushed an update that should fix this for you.

Sorry it took me a while!
View Quote

THANK YOU!!!!!! Fixt!!!  

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

GTG here
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I absolutely HATE mobile....  I didn’t pay over $1,000 for a basically a tablet that is also a phone to view websites on a “mobile” platform.

Wish all websites would only allow mobile as a must enable option.
View Quote

I generally feel the same. This is the only mobile site I’ve tried that I don’t completely despise.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

FIXT!

Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Awesome.  Mobile view sucked.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:37:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good to go now
Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good to go.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Is this back for anybody else?
Been a problem for  few days. I was assuming somebody else would have complained by now.

Eta: never-ending. User error
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top