Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2022 8:52:25 PM EDT
Anybody here tried this game out yet? I feel like it's right up arf's alley. It's a pretty awesome co-op shooter set in the world of Aliens the movie series. The sound & visuals definitely captures the atmosphere of the movies, the pulse rifle sound is spot on. The gameplay is simple & straightforward, you play as a colonial marine in a 3-man fireteam fighting to survive your way through levels & waves of alien combatants. The guns are cool as hell and the shooting is nice & satisfying, especially when you start blasting aliens off of the ceilings with a shotgun. The game feels like a good old school shooter, the controls are nice & easy, I really enjoy the simplicity. There's also several difficulty settings if you find the aliens are not tough enough, turn it up for a challenge.

I picked this up recently on xbox one game pass, it's free to download from there. If you don't have game pass they usually have promotional trials like 1 month for $1 or even 3 months for $1. In case anybody wants to get down in a firearm squad and slay some aliens feel free to add me on xbox one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#1]
i have it for ps5 but havent opened it since im up to my eyeballs in d2r.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I really wanted to get it, but the PC player base dropped way off due to foreseeable issues (no chat or cross-play, poor matchmaking, & lack of game play variety & maps). I get that it's sort of an evolving WIP, but the heavy MP/co op focus should have made some of these things a priority for launch.

While I'd like to see these features fixed/added, it may be too late to bring back a decent player base after it drops this far off. Damn shame, too, because there's a lot of good ideas in there (except for removing the underslung GL from the M41A), & Aliens horde mode is gaming concept nirvana.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
anyone still on this? been playing on ps5 for a week or so solo. made it to the final 3 missions on standard. those damn synths suck on the first mission. think i made it close to the end twice now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#4]
It’s a cool game, I’m still playing it
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Bullet sponge Xeno's ruined it for me.  I say this as a Division 1/2 player.  It's even more so over the top bad.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:02:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Judging from Steam board discussions, looks like my concerns about the player base dropping off were valid. Geez. The potential was right there, they just needed to get the MP based functionality squared away instead of putting out new skins & classes. Horde mode still only has 1 map WTF!?!?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]
im still playing solo mostly.
got technician to level 8 and the demolisher is 1 mission from 8.
trying to figure out what guns are good working somewhat towards the 30 maxed weapon trophy
eventually i will get brave enough to solo the 3rd difficulty . standard world 3 mission 1 seems the easiest for me to solo for exp.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#8]
beat standard and finished 1-1 and 3-1 on 3rd difficulty.
technician and demolisher max level
not sure what else to do since you are forced to group above standard.
getting bored. only thing keeping me going is the daily missions.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#9]
1 mission left on intense. 2 fails in group today.
second group guy dies and drops out. other guy stays way back lobbing rockets while im trying to finish the mission by shooting the living batteries. 2 left and i die while hes t the far end of the room.
he didnt speak english so i couldnt tell him to move up and help.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:17:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I haven't picked this one up yet. I just worry I'll be disappointed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I was disappointed, wish I could get my money back.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm more disappointed an Alien fan hasn't played the newest Alien related video game.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a blast with it, played coop with a 2 other friends.  

I just wish they'd drop more campaign missions instead of just rando guns and stuff.  

(on PS5)

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#14]
ps4 version got all trophies except the 2 hardest difficulties.
getting close on the ps5 version too.

thinking about cyber punk next
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Apparently, it's supposed to get platform cross-platform functionality this month, which should help MP, but no word on MP maps, which is bizarre at this stage. 4 player should be an option considering the bullet sponge trait that defines the bugs in the highest difficulty. I also understand that mods are allowed in private matches, which is a plus.

I might actually pick it up with the recent & upcoming changes, & it's Summer sale priced.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Never could get into third-person.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:08:04 AM EDT
[#17]
i swear these fuck tarded bots are programmed to run in front of you if you fire more than one shot in a row.
8 more weapons to max out then 2 more covers and beat all levels on intense to match the trophies i got for the ps4 version then im done with this game unless i can find a good team to try beating the 2 hardest diffixulties.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:18:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
i swear these fuck tarded bots are programmed to run in front of you if you fire more than one shot in a row.
8 more weapons to max out then 2 more covers and beat all levels on intense to match the trophies i got for the ps4 version then im done with this game unless i can find a good team to try beating the 2 hardest diffixulties.
View Quote

Well, I got for me & my brother, so PM if you want to join when cross play is implemented. I'm on Steam.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Big update out today. Crossplay, new turret game mode, a new prestige system, a bunch of new stuff with challenge cards, cosmetics, weapons and attachments, and many bug fixes.

https://www.aliensfireteamelite.com/en/releasenotes/
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#20]
no couch co-op, missed a perfect opportunity.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
no couch co-op, missed a perfect opportunity.  

View Quote

No more couch co-op anything.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No more couch co-op anything.
View Quote

And it sucks, couch co-op is fucking awesome
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#23]
the new Crossplay feature saved the hell outa this game.

!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#24]
New DLC boss fight is hard as hell. Haven't been able to beat her on Intense. I bet she gets nerfed.

Mad fun though!

Edit: apparently forgot to add to this thread that the first paid DLC was just released. It includes 1 new campaign of missions (3 missions) that includes a new species of enemies and a big boss fight, a new hardcore mode for a challenge (dying once is game over entirely), new class mods and perks, some new weapons and attachments, and a handful of new cosmetics. Not bad for just $15.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice!

??

I’m busy as hell lately but can’t wait till I catch a break at the end of the month
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top