BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pretty serious dog pound to require and officer present for those that don't show ID and then not allow them to leave if they refuse.
View Quote
Just dump the dog in the lot and drive off.

Duh.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
i have first hand dealt with enough of these fucking idiots to not find any real remorse in their demise.
View Quote
Someone needs to figure out how to cross breed the Sovereign Citizens with Juggaloos.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Cops in your area don't ask for ID at a disturbance?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What legal justification did the officer have to demand his license? He tried to drop off a dog, refused to give the kennel his id and left. None of the cop's business.
Cops in your area don't ask for ID at a disturbance?
Even IF there was a disturbance the only time you have to show your ID to law enforcement when you're not driving a vehicle in Texas is when you are lawfully arrested.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Of course the cops can ASK for your ID for pretty much any reason.  They can even lie to you and say you have to show it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If someone tells me they don't have a DL and then they go get in a car and drive away, I have reasonable suspicion that the driver is unlicensed and committing a crime.  Good detention.  I can see requiring ID to drop off a dog.  That ID doesn't have to be a DL, though.  Passport, verbal ID with other info, etc.  This was a meeting with Erica CArtman, police sergeant, and Willy the Sovereign Idjit, with predictable results.
View Quote
Did the dead guy tell the cop he didn't have a DL?  I may have missed that.  I too can see the animal shelter requiring some form of ID, especially some form with an address to follow up on Bama-Shooter's suggestion that they are trying to control costs and serve only the citizens paying the taxes for that particular shelter.  However, that doesn't require the dead guy to produce an ID to the shelter or the police.  The shelter just won't officially accept the dog under these circumstances.

I think where this whole shitshow went off the rails at the very start...even before the officer(s) arrived...was when you think about how the dead guy was supposed to dispose of this dog when they refused to take the dog.  If the shelter tried to trump up the situation by calling the police to "force" the dead guy to leave with this dog, well, shame on them.  The dog was loose when the dead guy found it, and if the shelter won't take the dog, he should have just driven off and left the dog loose.  The dog was already lost or abandoned.  I don't think the dead can be made to keep the dog or take the dog.  There's about at least a hundred ways that reasonable people could have handled this scenario, but it doesn't seem any of them were present in this case.

I'm gonna say it again.  The police are the ones who are supposed to inject calm and control in a given problem to which they respond whenever circumstances allow.  On many of these videos we see posted here, that's not happening like it should happen.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
You'd think the shelter would have SOP for people without ID, other than unlawfully detaining them until backup arrives.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Did the shelter end up keeping the dog?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So what did this guy do to have the cops called?

ETA:

Cop was already there and his crime was not producing a drivers license for the dog shelter to see and then them saying he couldn't leave?

Is that right?

That guy was murdered.

But if he had just produced a drivers license or was peaceful with the cops having committed no crimes, none of this would have happened.
View Quote
Probably stole someones dog and wanted to get rid of the evidence.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Confrontational/suspicious activity doesn't warrant a request for ID?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She had no lawful authority to demand a DL and he had no lawfully duty to produce one.
Confrontational/suspicious activity doesn't warrant a request for ID?
He stole an annoying dog.
As in theft.

Needs to be investigated.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Showing ID, seems racist.
View Quote
No voting was involved.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had to provide ID at my county animal shelter when I dropped off a feral cat and her kittens last year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They city where I live stopped requiring bicycle licenses after the lack of having one resulted in a nasty physical dispute between a father and a police officer in front of his kids.

Maybe they'll stop making you show ID to drop off a stray dog after this.
I had to provide ID at my county animal shelter when I dropped off a feral cat and her kittens last year.
Or you can snatch your neighbors annoying dog, dump it at the shelter, and hope it gets the needle before neighbor figures out what's going on.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bad shoot.

Devil's advocate time.

Would a reasonable officer suspect that his unwillingness to show his drivers license indicated that he may not have a drivers license?

Is driving without a license a crime?

Would a reasonable officer suspect that after he expressed his intent on dropping the dog off somewhere else that he may dump the stray dog elsewhere?

Is dumping a stray dog a crime?

Reasonable suspicion to conduct an investigatory detention.

Discuss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It began with a stray dog.

Robert Earl Lawrence said he found the dog wandering a Wal-Mart parking lot in Dothan in south Alabama. He put the canine in his car with his girlfriend and their three small children, each child under the age of 10. The family drove to the Dothan Animal Shelter.

There Lawrence was asked for his driver's license, he declined to show it. City employees said they couldn't accept a stray dog if he didn't show a license. He said they didn't have the right to require a license. He said he'd drop the dog elsewhere. They said he couldn't leave if he was going to dump the dog. He was stuck, grew agitated, walked outside.
Bad shoot.

Devil's advocate time.

Would a reasonable officer suspect that his unwillingness to show his drivers license indicated that he may not have a drivers license?

Would a reasonable officer suspect that after he expressed his intent on dropping the dog off somewhere else that he may dump the stray dog elsewhere?

Discuss.
Stealing a neighbors dog and then dumping in anonymously on the shelter hoping it gets killed would be a problem.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sage advice as usual.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take the ride to jail and sue them.
Sage advice as usual.
This is how actual adults deal with problems.

Going to the trouble to capture, transport, and turn in a loose dog sets off to many alarm bells.

Maybe he stole a dog and is trying to ditch the evidence.

Not everyone gets a mutt from the pound.

My last Labrador was from a prize winning blood line and the puppy was over $2,000.

She had thousands of dollars and hours of training.
I could actually make a decent amount of money 'renting' her to dick hunters.

She understood hand signals, whistle command, verbal command.

If I needed to I could easily demonstrate a decent economic value and costs for the animal.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
there a few notable families of them in this area. most are shitbirds that steal copper and sling dope for a living. pretty much every interaction with them is an event. they have slung bogus lawsuits against cities and city employees as well as made direct written and verbal threats in some cases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's crazy.  How often do those sovereign citizen clowns threaten you guys?
there a few notable families of them in this area. most are shitbirds that steal copper and sling dope for a living. pretty much every interaction with them is an event. they have slung bogus lawsuits against cities and city employees as well as made direct written and verbal threats in some cases.
What a bunch of retards. . Stay frosty.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Perhaps she was such a shit show that they sent her to work there to avoid problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100% in this case.

When he attempted to take the cops taser, things went pear shaped.  The whole deal was exacerbated by the incorrect actions of the police.  It shouldn't have happened in the first place and wouldn't have if they had followed their own laws.

EDIT:  That said, Sovereign citizenship is not something that I support.
Perhaps she was such a shit show that they sent her to work there to avoid problems.
I hear you.  You’re likely right.

In a just world she should have been fired without repercussion.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Cop legally got away with murder. I hope her PTSD is real and unrelenting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#21]
What a shit show.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Those three kids (and society in general) are better off without that loser. Don't grab an officer's taser and you won't die.

Sovereign citizen lol
View Quote
cock holster for the man  ^^^
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#23]
The dog seemed the calmest of everyone.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#24]
What gave the dog shelter the authority to detain him?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That's fucked up. The dude had every right to leave and the cunt murdered him.
View Quote
What was her legal reason for detaining him? This is all on her. She'll never have to answer to it in court, thats just how the thin blue line works.
Sovern citizens are idiots.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sovereign citizens are retarded.
View Quote
No, your overreaching government is.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Stealing a neighbors dog and then dumping in anonymously on the shelter hoping it gets killed would be a problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It began with a stray dog.

Robert Earl Lawrence said he found the dog wandering a Wal-Mart parking lot in Dothan in south Alabama. He put the canine in his car with his girlfriend and their three small children, each child under the age of 10. The family drove to the Dothan Animal Shelter.

There Lawrence was asked for his driver's license, he declined to show it. City employees said they couldn't accept a stray dog if he didn't show a license. He said they didn't have the right to require a license. He said he'd drop the dog elsewhere. They said he couldn't leave if he was going to dump the dog. He was stuck, grew agitated, walked outside.
Bad shoot.

Devil's advocate time.

Discuss.
Why? Don’t be an asshole neighbor that doesn’t control your pets.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What was her legal reason for detaining him? This is all on her. She'll never have to answer to it in court, thats just how the thin blue line works.
Sovern citizens are idiots.
View Quote
ya...... because people that align themselves with authoritarian overlord rulers are so much easier to work with....you people remember that when the next civil war is upon us.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is clearly a “get both” scenario.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That's fucked up. The dude had every right to leave and the cunt murdered him.
View Quote
Too many rewired/manufactured by the state mindsets not getting this. That they can't see the truth of this explains why it *will* happen here someday.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Going to the trouble to capture, transport, and turn in a loose dog sets off to many alarm bells.

My last Labrador was from a prize winning blood line and the puppy was over $2,000.

If I needed to I could easily demonstrate a decent economic value and costs for the animal.
View Quote
How much do these people make? Is it profitable?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So asking your wife to film you starting shit with a cop isn't the behaviour of a retard?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe the pound has a lot of people raising hell because their dog got impounded for whatever reason and they're pissed they're having to pay to get it out.
Maybe they have enough disturbances there to warrant a cop being there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take the ride to jail and sue them.
Sage advice as usual.

The dads in the neighborhood would go to the trouble to capture and transport stray dogs that harassed the kids back in the day. Of course, they transported them to the woods.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe the pound has a lot of people raising hell because their dog got impounded for whatever reason and they're pissed they're having to pay to get it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Dothan? Lol.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
what ???? You watched that video and don't know if it was a good shoot or bad shoot ?  The lady drew her gun, suspected was pinned against a car defenseless, and she leans in and point blank shoots the dude. I am no cop hater nor cop lover .... but that was fucked up. Yeah maybe he is an idiot but he wasn't shoot him dead level idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?  He didn't want Government to get involved in his life and Government killed him.
Meh.

He was an asshole trying to prove a point and get attention, and it worked.

Good shoot? Bad shoot? Dunno. I’m just saying it’s hard to give a damn about people like this
what ???? You watched that video and don't know if it was a good shoot or bad shoot ?  The lady drew her gun, suspected was pinned against a car defenseless, and she leans in and point blank shoots the dude. I am no cop hater nor cop lover .... but that was fucked up. Yeah maybe he is an idiot but he wasn't shoot him dead level idiot.
What if her weapon got knocked and she shot the other officer?

What if the bullet over penetrated and killed one of the kids?

I think it sucks that the media and many in the public piss all over the police every chance they get. I know that many people today do everything they can to make their jobs harder. They are disrespectful, refuse to follow simple and reasonable instructions, and endanger themselves and the officers with their combative behavior and attitude.

This officer wasn't the one struggling with the driver, she wasn't embroiled in subduing him, there is no excuse for what she did. The other officer had the man subdued, and the man did not pose a threat at all. Trying to get away, run away, isn't threatening. This is unconscionable. The callous disregard for the safety of the other officer, the suspect, the children, and other bystanders is reprehensible. This is criminal and I hope she spends many years in prison for what she'd done.

As to the many, and surprisingly callous comments about the man deserving what he got.

I see a man, trying to live his life, take care of his family and do the best he can with what he has to work with. He's obviously not wealth, well educated, or high up on the social ladder. He's doing what he thinks is right. As misguided and foolish as I think his methods are and may be, he's not trying to screw with the cops or attack them. He's just a man trying to do his best and he sure didn't deserve to loose his life. I know this the internet and there are trolls.. etc... But some things are just wrong. If watching that video didn't twist your gut... If you really think he deserves to die... you're just soulless and evil.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

In Dothan? Lol.
View Quote
I don't know the area just speculating.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I am really torn on this one.  Yes the guy was ass and once the cops engaged him he should just complied and fought this in court.  I can't excuse the cops though.  The guy was an asshole that I think needlessly escalated this and I can't believe she shot him like that.   She should serve time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Pretty serious dog pound to require and officer present for those that don't show ID and then not allow them to leave if they refuse.
View Quote
THIS right here. Guy tries to do the right thing and gets shot. The escalation was part and parcel of .gov.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Good shoot.

Wish they had shot the worthless, asslicking dog too though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Again?
View Quote
i do not understand. this is like a computer virus. somehow folks gets this weird argument about being as sovereign citizen in their head and then just do stupid things and when confronted with cops, argue with the cop about rights that no one has and refuse to realize that their actions are only going to lead to them being fucked.

where did this idea come from? why do folks believe if?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Bad shoot, good fuck up. After reading this guys police history (link in main article) he was a damn nut job that would've killed someone sooner than later. Yeah maybe the cops fucked up, but sovereign citizens turn every police encounter into a shit show and that part is on him.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
i do not understand. this is like a computer virus. somehow folks gets this weird argument about being as sovereign citizen in their head and then just do stupid things and when confronted with cops, argue with the cop about rights that no one has and refuse to realize that their actions are only going to lead to them being fucked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again?

Low IQ probably.

Dunning–Kruger effect shows that people that are really stupid think they are much smarter than they really are.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again?

I'm assuming Dan_Cooper was referring to this thread being a dupe

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Video-of-fatal-police-shooting-involving-sovereign-citizen/5-2138317/
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#46]
In on page five of the dupe
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@LittlePony

Is this a thing?

I waited tables and bar-tended for 10 years and even spent a year in the hospitality industry so I thought I had a pretty good notion of the happenings in the culture.

But using dogs for "dick hunting" that's a new one.

And what does one do with their trophies after a successful hunt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@LittlePony

Is this a thing?

I waited tables and bar-tended for 10 years and even spent a year in the hospitality industry so I thought I had a pretty good notion of the happenings in the culture.

But using dogs for "dick hunting" that's a new one.

And what does one do with their trophies after a successful hunt
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#48]
More stupid shit from both sides.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you saying having a high end dog got you lots of attention from men?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think freedom loving americans have been pushed to far and the fringe on the far right have cracked. Unfortunately LE cracking down on these wack jobs is only going to convince the next layer up to radicalise and so on.
At some point LE will crush all decent or 3% will rise up and history repeats. Or DT drains the swamp and that relieves some of the pressure on the keg.
IMO
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top