Posted: 8/17/2018 8:17:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Again?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Those three kids (and society in general) are better off without that loser. Don't grab an officer's taser and you won't die.

Sovereign citizen lol
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#4]
What happened with the dog? Is it okay?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those three kids (and society in general) are better off without that loser.
View Quote
Huh?  He didn't want Government to get involved in his life and Government killed him.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Huh?  He didn't want Government to get involved in his life and Government killed him.
View Quote
Meh.

He was an asshole trying to prove a point and get attention, and it worked.

Good shoot? Bad shoot? Dunno. I’m just saying it’s hard to give a damn about people like this
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Complicated story, simple analysis: man dead after collision of assholes.

Thread title is incorrect. Officer was not shot.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah fuck that guy. He definitely deserved to die I'm glad his kids got to watch him die like the loser he was. Buy those two heroes a beer, motherfucker not immediately complying with the orders of the King's men.

Eta:Yes, that's sarcasm.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
your reading skills are impeccable. It clearly says that the Alabama officer shot and killed a sovereign citizen. Not an officer was shot and killed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Sovereign Citizen takes dog from WalMart to a government run animal shelter and doesn't expect trouble?  Of course he did.

Could we think of a hundred things that could have been done differently?  Sure.  But what counts is what actually happened.  If he did make a grab for the Taser then it's FO time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Why is it that I never hear anything good about female cops?
lol at sovereign citizens
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I wasn't there and my computer doesn't let me watch videos...but the shooting seemed premature. Now if he was grabbing someone's gun and pulling it from the retention holster then yes.

As an aside, sovereign citizens are mentally ill retards and are big trouble for LE.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Okay... so this guy decided to refer to himself as a sovereign citizen, and decided he was going to be an asshole.

Then some time later, he got sucker-punched Shot in the gut because he was apparently trying to reach for the taser on one of the officers...

And all this started because he didnt want to show his licence to an animal shelter...

Guy was a fucking asshole and probably an idiot, but no, he didnt deserve a bullet to the gut.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
This, in it's simplest form.

WOW.  Guy was a sovereign asshole, but that female cop straight-up killed him.  

She needs her ass tossed in jail for manslaughter.  Straight-up looks like she thought it was a compliance tool, not a lethal weapon, got tired of his shit and popped him to get him to cooperate.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah fuck that guy. He definitely deserved to die I'm glad his kids got to watch him die like the loser he was. Buy those two heroes a beer, motherfucker not immediately complying with the orders of the King's men.
View Quote
WTF    Unless sarcasm
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Cliff notes?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cliff notes?
View Quote
Sovereign citizens are retarded.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cliff notes?
View Quote
It’s a dupe.  First topic has the video.

Retards and assholes all around.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Guy was a fucking asshole and probably an idiot, but no, he didnt deserve a bullet to the gut.
View Quote
I'm going with this.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
WTF    Unless sarcasm
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF    Unless sarcasm
Obviously sarcasm. DaringRaider is one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:00:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

She needs her ass tossed in jail for manslaughter.  Straight-up looks like she thought it was a compliance tool, not a lethal weapon, got tired of his shit and popped him to get him to cooperate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Few things scare me more than a female police officer with a gun in her hand.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#22]
"Lawrence can be heard telling his girlfriend in the front seat to record on her cellphone: "This will be good," he said."

..........i guess he was wrong
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I guess if someone’s zapping you with a taser, could you override the basic instinct to grab at it or swat it away?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What happened with the dog? Is it okay?
View Quote
This is the only thing in the story that I care to know.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#26]
A fat cop and a female cop who was scared...

That’s such a poor combination.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"Lawrence can be heard telling his girlfriend in the front seat to record on her cellphone: "This will be good," he said."

..........i guess he was wrong
View Quote
Yep....he got all the attention he wanted.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Ok, I read the article. This is why I don't mess with dogs.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Sovereign citizen took some time out of his traveling to create some drama and found a bit more than what he asked for.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Probably not a true deadly threat to the officers but the guy def put himself in that situation and was given ample time to comply to the officers orders. If he would have let them cuff him he probably would have been released a few hours later with a minor disorderly conduct charge which he could have won in court with a decent lawyer. Instead he is dead.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#31]
An old salt I know would get Hank Sherrod spitting mad during depositions. He would call him Henry, Harry, Hal, anything but Hank. The attorney would turn red, shake his fists and yell at the old salt "MY NAME IS HANK!"
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Cliff notes?
View Quote
Sovereign citizen meets incompetent cop* and a predictable outcome ensued.

*Just a wild guess that she wasn’t assigned to babysit the dog pound because of her competency and great policing ability.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

*Just a wild guess that she wasn't assigned to babysit the dog pound because of her competency and great policing ability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cliff notes?

*Just a wild guess that she wasn't assigned to babysit the dog pound because of her competency and great policing ability.
Pretty serious dog pound to require and officer present for those that don't show ID and then not allow them to leave if they refuse.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Dog pound cop?

"Video this ... it aught to be good"

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s because it’s not a free county
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cliff notes?
+1

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Dude grabbed the taser in the struggle.

I thought that was grounds for use of deadly force.

Is it not?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#40]
That's fucked up. The dude had every right to leave and the cunt murdered him.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Riiiight. I sense sarcasm.

Guy does the right thing taking a stray to the shelter and anybody in a position of authority escalates things to prove they are the bigger dick.

It's a dick measuring contest.

Cops will always win because that can and will shoot you and have blanket immunity. Therefore, if you believe you are sovereign, deal with it. Act on your belief. Burn your license in a public demonstration on the courthouse steps, tell the community you refuse to pay any more taxes, and then write checks on your sovereignty.

Expect a beat down. It will come. Your neighbors will not support your political stance and will exercise every regulation to force you to conform, or you will be housed elsewhere. In jail or six feet under.

This isn't something that's distinctly American. Try that crap in a third world country and see what it gets you.

Sovereignty is just the right wing version of communism and a step away from it coming back around the political curve. It only looks like a straight line, viewed from above it's a circle and the more extreme you are the closer you are to those extremists on the other side. Those bastids way over there are actually right behind you looking back the long view. Just a step away.

"Freedom of speech" in America is something you do with your feet - don't like the institutional and political games where you live, MOVE. Get one hundred miles away from other humans and revel in your freedom. Confrontation will only result in the tribe inflicting punishment.

Good luck with that. Nobody can come soon enough to help you when your sovereignty isn't enough against predators, vectors, or the environment. Grizzlies, the plague, and 6 months of temps below 32 laugh at your sovereignty.

So do projectiles fired into your body cavity at point blank range. Pick your fights and bring enough gun.

Sovereignty or communism, both are a mental illness.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Pretty serious dog pound to require and officer present for those that don't show ID and then not allow them to leave if they refuse.
View Quote
That system they have set up is screwy. Either take the dog or let him do whatever with it, no reason to detain a guy for refusing to provide an ID and then prevent him from leaving with the dog. The guy had good intentions for the dog but bureocracy  and an officer having no discretion made the situation worse.

That situation just isn’t worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Is this where I put in “Holy wall of text Batman”?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:01:23 AM EDT
[#44]
So what did this guy do to have the cops called?

ETA:

Cop was already there and his crime was not producing a drivers license for the dog shelter to see and then them saying he couldn't leave?

Is that right?

That guy was murdered.

But if he had just produced a drivers license or was peaceful with the cops having committed no crimes, none of this would have happened.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
It said she still had her job.  Society still has to deal with her.  Probably a Lt now for making him show his ID
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Respect my authoriteh you damn dirty hippy!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ver are yer papersss?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

WTF    Unless sarcasm
View Quote
Thall shalt not question DR
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#50]
A contact shot in the middle of a melee seems like a stupid idea in general, let alone on a guy who isn't armed.  Why do cops even carry tasers if all they do is lose them in the melee with the suspect?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top