Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2019 7:23:42 PM EDT
Where the hell have you been all my life? This is my new favorite kitchen utensil. My wife works at Lowe's at the pickup desk. Someone ordered an Air Fryer and then cancelled the order after it came in. My wife's boss marked it down from $50 then when my wife showed an interest in it he marked it down to around $30. So she bought it. With her employee discount she got it for $15 and some change.

We've been cooking all kinds of stuff in it today. It's frickin' amazing. I even made wings in it; although admittedly I screwed up the rub I put on them but they were still delicious.

For those who have one share your recipes.

Here's the rub I used.

1/3 cup brown sugar
1.5 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1.5 teaspoon Chipotle powder
1.5 teaspoon garlic powder
1.5 teaspoon pepper

I wanted to take pics of the wings but they were gone before I got my phone ready.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#1]
They are awesome for French bread pizzas too
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are awesome for French bread pizzas too
View Quote
Yeah, my wife was reading the little book it came with and was rattling off everything you can make in it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah bought my wife/kids one for Christmas and they've been cooking all sorts of stuff quick snd easy
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Relevant to my interests. Looked at them online. Reviews are all over the place. Seems like the good ones are overgrown toaster ovens that cost $200-$400.

You sound like you bought the one that masquerades as a coffee pot.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The OP mentioned a wife. However, no pic was posted of the wife or the damn fryer?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Do wings (hot wings, buffalo wings, naked or breaded) taste as good as deep fried? If the answer is yes, then I'll head off to Walmart tomorrow to buy an air fryer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do wings (hot wings, buffalo wings, naked or breaded) taste as good as deep fried? If the answer is yes, then I'll head off to Walmart tomorrow to buy an air fryer.
View Quote
We like them just as well.  We just toss the wings in oil, put them in there.  Naked.

Biggest complaints is capacity.  You cannot stack them on top of each other and get a good fry.  They must have air all around.  So we only get 10 wings per batch.  Doesn't take long tho.

Throw them back in a bowl with a little franks, and good to go.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Kohl’s has a decent deal on a Nuwave 10qt right now. $120 and there seem to be a lot of discounts and Kohl’s cash if you have any accrued. You also get $20 Kohl’s cash to use after the 21st with purchase as well.

It doesn’t look like 10qts to me but still bigger than some I’ve seen at that price range.

https://m.kohls.com/product/prd-3037048/nuwave-10-qt-digital-air-fryer.jsp?prdPV=7&userPFM=air%20fryer&diestoreid=462&selectShip=true
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife is buying one for me for an anniversary gift..................I am looking forward to using it. Going to start with a 4 qt then go from there

This one:

Gourmia Air Fryer
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#10]
anything normally fried is good, I like frying up a batch of frozen clams when they go onsale
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We like them just as well.  We just toss the wings in oil, put them in there.  Naked.

Biggest complaints is capacity.  You cannot stack them on top of each other and get a good fry.  They must have air all around.  So we only get 10 wings per batch.  Doesn't take long tho.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just checked this thread again. I replied to your post a little earlier but I don't see my post here. I must have posted it in a different thread. I'll bet they think I'm a dumb ass.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just checked this thread again. I replied to your post a little earlier but I don't see my post here. I must have posted it in a different thread. I'll bet they think I'm a dumb ass.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep it does. Also great for reheating wings which I am fixing to go do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Spousal ordered a Ninja air fryer from Amazon last night.  Hope we like it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#15]
DAMMIT. I might have to go to Kohls.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#16]
This is the one my wife got. Bella 2.6 Quart. I know it's not GD tier 1 or anything but it's super fun to use. I did 12 wings in it and they were really good.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is the one my wife got. Bella 2.6 Quart. I know it's not GD tier 1 or anything but it's super fun to use. I did 12 wings in it and they were really good.
View Quote
So a 2.6 quart was able to do 12 wings?  That's not too bad. Unfortunately, I make about 3 dozen whenever I make them (I do the whole wings too).  I might need one of the 10 quart models.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#18]
We've done fries in ours several times.  Very very crispy.  Gotta do some hot wings
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Came here expecting to see dinner pics.

Disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Just bought one last week , we’ve had wings 3 times since , best wings Ive ever made , crispy , juicy . No rub , just toss them in a pan with butter and franks red hot when they are done
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So a 2.6 quart was able to do 12 wings?  That's not too bad. Unfortunately, I make about 3 dozen whenever I make them (I do the whole wings too).  I might need one of the 10 quart models.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could've put more in it but I decided to only do 12 in case we didn't like how they turned out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I got the 5.3 qt air fryer xl  , we do a batch and then another batch as we eat the first . M just learning this machine , most likely I could put more wings in at a time .
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Mrs. Spark got a Ninja Foodi for Christmas. The grill knocked on the door the other day to check on us. I think it's got a complex.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#24]
We bought into the Instapot hype and in general it's been a disappointment.  Next gadget on the list was an air fryer. Anything you guy make other than wings and fries?  There good and all but not two things I cook at home a lot, or ever.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We bought into the Instapot hype and in general it's been a disappointment.  Next gadget on the list was an air fryer. Anything you guy make other than wings and fries?  There good and all but not two things I cook at home a lot, or ever.
View Quote
Another disappointed customer here
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#26]
isn't this just a fancy convection oven?  we got one and tried it for a couple weeks then got rid of it.  it worked okay for really small portions of stuff, but the old toaster oven with a convection feature we have just works better.

ETA:  Yes, the instapot is just a reintroduction of the pressure cooker.  That being said, we really do like it a little better than the regular pressure cookers we were using before.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
Yes! I'm going to try making them this way. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:03:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I have the Ninja. Awesome is an understatement. I like cooking cornish hens in it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:36:59 AM EDT
[#30]
whats probably the best air fryer out right now?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:37:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Not sure how she seasoned them, but my wife made pork chops in them and they were the best I’ve ever had.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:39:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Mrs. Spark got a Ninja Foodi for Christmas. The grill knocked on the door the other day to check on us. I think it's got a complex.
View Quote
I want the 8qt Foodi
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:46:14 AM EDT
[#33]
We got one on Black Friday, but you can only do a few wings at a time.

Need a bigger one....
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:49:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Where the hell have you been all my life? This is my new favorite kitchen utensil. My wife works at Lowe's at the pickup desk. Someone ordered an Air Fryer and then cancelled the order after it came in. My wife's boss marked it down from $50 then when my wife showed an interest in it he marked it down to around $30. So she bought it. With her employee discount she got it for $15 and some change.

We've been cooking all kinds of stuff in it today. It's frickin' amazing. I even made wings in it; although admittedly I screwed up the rub I put on them but they were still delicious.

Here's the rub I used.

1/3 cup brown sugar
1.5 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1.5 teaspoon pepper

I wanted to take pics of the wings but they were gone before I got my phone ready.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2019 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Seems like the good ones are overgrown toaster ovens that cost $200-$400.
View Quote
Because they are.
Essentially very good marketing is why they are a hot item.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the rub I used.

1/3 cup brown sugar
1.5 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1.5 teaspoon pepper

https://static.interestingengineering.com/images/uploads/sizes/jet-ejection_resize_md.jpg

Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#37]
We have one too, love the thing. I was skeptical at first when my wife spent $150 on it but I'm a believer now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We bought into the Instapot hype and in general it's been a disappointment.  
View Quote
What the fuck, over.

You are doing it wrong somehow. We have three instant pots and my wife rocks that crap out of those things.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Walmart has one on a rollback price for $59.99 and its a 5.5 liter size. Should I buy this and what can I expect for 60 bucks?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/La-Gourmet-5-5-Liter-Manual-Air-Fryer-Black/54427369

Edited - $56.99, not $59.99.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#40]
What does an air fryer do that a convection oven doesn't?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What does an air fryer do that a convection oven doesn't?
View Quote
Cost more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top